USA Today releasing the top 25

Cat_Scratch

I guessing they are in for some debate over some of the schools they see as top 25.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/super-25-high-school-football-rankings-release

So far we have this... I'll update as they come in.

Rank          Team                                    2014 Final Ranking               2014 record
25 Flanagan (Pembroke Pines, Fla.)      Unranked                                  13-1
24 Bishop Amat (La Puente, Calif.)         Unranked                                  9-4
23 South Panola (Batesville, Miss.)              12                                        15-0
22 Manvel (Manvel, Texas)                     Unranked                                  13-1
21 Webb City (Webb City, Mo.)                     11                                       15-0
20 Chandler (Chandler, Ariz.)                        16                                       14-0
19 St. Edward (Lakewood, Ohio)                   15                                       13-2
18 Clay-Chalkville (Pinson,                            19                                       15-0
17 Ocean Lakes (Virginia Beach, Va.)           10                                       15-0
16 Colquitt County (Molutrie, Ga.)                   6                                        15-0
15 Paramus Catholic (Paramus, N.J.)            44                                         9-4
14 Cocoa (Cocoa, Fla.)                             Unranked                                 11-2
13 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.)              38                                      12-2
12 Archer (Lawrenceville, Ga.)                 Unranked                                  11-4
11 Allen (Allen, Texas)                                      4                                       16-0
10 Colerain (Cincinnati, Ohio)                   Unranked                                   8-4
 9  Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill, Texas)                     20                                       14-2
 8  DeSoto (DeSoto, Texas)                             33                                       10-2
 7  Centennial (Corona, Calif.)                          24                                      12-3
 6  DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.)     Unranked                                    9-3
 5  St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)                           25                                      14-1
 4  Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas)                         1                                       15-1
 3  Miami Central (Miami, Fla.)                           5                                       14-1
 2  IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)                   34                                        9-1
 1  De La Salle (Concord, Calif.)                         3                                       14-0
<EOF>

I think they are maybe a 50-80 type team until they prove themselves, but they are a top 100 team this year. They have some skill players in the right spots. Judson is committed to Ohio State for a reason. Ohio State had their pick of QB's from any team in the nation, why Judson?

USA Today quote "Junior QB Bruce Judson, an Ohio State commit (1,840 yards, 28 TDs passing, 755 yards and nine TDs rushing) leads an offense that averaged 39.9 points and 400 yards a game last season. Look for sophomore DE-RB Howard Stewart, who has an offer from Miami, to make a big impact on both sides of the ball. OT Jawaan Taylor leads the offensive line. The only question marks are the team’s young defense, led by CB-RB Chauncey Gardner, a Florida commit."

Gardner is a play maker. The defense, some coming up from a JV team that shut out the season without giving up any points are that good. I know the schedule Cocoa has this season is really going to test Cocoa. IMG is doubtful Cocoa wins, St Edward will be a good game for Cocoa and also a good game for Mainland. Cocoa is going to open a few eyes this season. All I'm going to say is that there are some special players in the program this year and when the season starts they will show themselves.

Now, I know BTW is going to be chomping on this all season. Glades Central is going to be chomping on this also, and Clewiston feels like they have a score to settle. It should be a strong playoff this season in 4A south. The team that goes to Orlando will be real.

How do you see it?

I think they are maybe a 50-80 type team until they prove themselves, but they are a top 100 team this year. They have some skill players in the right spots. Judson is committed to Ohio State for a reason. Ohio State had their pick of QB's from any team in the nation, why Judson?

USA Today quote "Junior QB Bruce Judson, an Ohio State commit (1,840 yards, 28 TDs passing, 755 yards and nine TDs rushing) leads an offense that averaged 39.9 points and 400 yards a game last season. Look for sophomore DE-RB Howard Stewart, who has an offer from Miami, to make a big impact on both sides of the ball. OT Jawaan Taylor leads the offensive line. The only question marks are the team’s young defense, led by CB-RB Chauncey Gardner, a Florida commit."

Gardner is a play maker. The defense, some coming up from a JV team that shut out the season without giving up any points are that good. I know the schedule Cocoa has this season is really going to test Cocoa. IMG is doubtful Cocoa wins, St Edward will be a good game for Cocoa and also a good game for Mainland. Cocoa is going to open a few eyes this season. All I'm going to say is that there are some special players in the program this year and when the season starts they will show themselves.

Now, I know BTW is going to be chomping on this all season. Glades Central is going to be chomping on this also, and Clewiston feels like they have a score to settle. It should be a strong playoff this season in 4A south. The team that goes to Orlando will be real.

How do you see it?

The 4 teams that's gonna be coming from the south should of been the 4 teams playing the semi final games... Like glades vs cocoa in one bracket and BTW vs clewistin on the other to go to the finals

No Zoe Boy I think you got it wrong if GC wins district we play probably miami prep then BTW play Clewiston in the first round GC play the winner of the two. Cocoa has the easy route to semifinals with teams like Avon Park, Lake Placid, Mulberry, and Labelle in the playoffs

The 4 teams that's gonna be coming from the south should of been the 4 teams playing the semi final games... Like glades vs cocoa in one bracket and BTW vs clewistin on the other to go to the finals

I agree, but it ain't ever gonna change until Raines takes Bolles out of the playoffs cause FHSAA wants Bolles in the finals.