Quantcast

2021-2022 Football Schedules

FBGUY1989

18 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So are you willing to put Venice in the state game come December 

I think these last few Venice teams could have won 8A. Where they get stuck is against teams with elite size and athleticism in the trenches. The top handful in Dade, and the top handful in Broward are usually too much for them. Outside of that, there's not much left in the state they can't handle. Only the occasional loaded team from outside of those areas is out of their reach. Now, that said, if the rules around offsides penalties and blocking on screen passes were changed, they'd be a pretty average team real quick. 

35 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So are you willing to put Venice in the state game come December 

They have as good a shot as they have ever had. They did win state titles in 2000 and, I believe, 2017. I may be off by a year on the second date. 

I am not saying this is a must; I am saying they have a very good chance.  

25 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They have as good a shot as they have ever had. They did win state titles in 2000 and, I believe, 2017. I may be off by a year on the second date. 

I am not saying this is a must; I am saying they have a very good chance.  

Well if they beat Northwestern although preseason game then turn around and beat Cardinal Gibbons that can give Indian fans/alumni an outlook on what to expect this season. 

39 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Well if they beat Northwestern although preseason game then turn around and beat Cardinal Gibbons that can give Indian fans/alumni an outlook on what to expect this season. 

Venice will beat CG but lose the kickoff to Northwestern. It’s going to take that first week to get settled in. They have a few new players on the offensive line, and they looked shaky at times in the jamboree.

I stand by my statement that this is going to be Venice’s best team in school history. It’s a shame that they’re not playing Aquinas this season. I truly believed that *this* year’s team would have had a real shot at defeating them in the post season. I think Venice will win 8A with moderate difficulty. As long as the o-line improves, they should be just fine.

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice will beat CG but lose the kickoff to Northwestern. It’s going to take that first week to get settled in. They have a few new players on the offensive line, and they looked shaky at times in the jamboree.

I stand by my statement that this is going to be Venice’s best team in school history. It’s a shame that they’re not playing Aquinas this season. I truly believed that *this* year’s team would have had a real shot at defeating them in the post season. I think Venice will win 8A with moderate difficulty. As long as the o-line improves, they should be just fine.

Better than the 15-0 team from 2000 who was national top 20 and won the state title game 77-14?

12 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

There are a few Central Florida teams that will have something to say about that. We will see how it plays out. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Better than the 15-0 team from 2000 who was national top 20 and won the state title game 77-14?

Maybe not much better, but I certainly believe that they will live up to that standard. Rankings don’t really mean much in the grand scheme of how teams perform. Remember that IMG was top 10 nationally in 2019, and nearly were running clocked by St Frances. Comparatively, the two teams were similar in terms of talent. However, they still had trouble moving the ball, and they certainly did not look like a nationally ranked team.

You also have to look at how a team performs throughout the season. Venice was ranked top 20 in 2017 as well, and didn’t really play tough competition outside of the IMG game. They did win states that year, with Aquinas being the only highly ranked team that they played. My point is that buying into  hype is dangerous because it leads to complacency. On any given Night, any team can be beaten. They are humans playing a game, after all.  

12 minutes ago, Tony112 said:

I seen Stanford seminoles talking shit like they want it with Venice just cause they won 8a last year

Seminole (Sanford) has a ton of talent at the skill positions on both sides of the ball. Their varsity went undefeated in winning 8A state championship last year. They also had undefeated JV and Freshmen teams. How many schools can match that? Though they graduated a few great players from last season's team, they may actually be more talented this year than last year's championship team. 

3 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

IMG is a powerhouse so I can see that game as a lost but Central is rival. I'm sure you know all to well about rivals Dillard and Blanche Ely when the record goes out the book.

Right, which is why I said at worst 8-2 with a possible lost to MC for that exact reason 

41 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Seminole (Sanford) has a ton of talent at the skill positions on both sides of the ball. Their varsity went undefeated in winning 8A state championship last year. They also had undefeated JV and Freshmen teams. How many schools can match that? Though they graduated a few great players from last season's team, they may actually be more talented this year than last year's championship team. 

From Watching some of there games there ok but Venice would have a running clock on them kids 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

It's been many, many years since Venice has fielded a team that wasn't better than the 2000 team. That was a Cinderella team that had a knack for winning close games, including a four-point win over a Lakeland team playing with a young backup QB. The state title game was an outlier game, sort of like Florida over OSU in the 2006 title game. Dwyer shit the bed.

3 hours ago, Tony112 said:

It dnt matter to be real they not like that y’all hyping them up and watching them they ok team 

Seminole beat a very good Osceola team in the 8A state championship game last season. Osceola is the same team that beat Sarasota Riverview the week before. Guess who was playing QB for Riverview in that loss to Osceola? Right, your new wunderkind transfer QB who is supposed to lead Venice to the promised land. I watched the kid's Spring videos; he's good, but Seminole has to decide between 2 QB's that are at least as equally talented as the new savior at Venice. Osceola is another talented team this season. If Venice gets past Osceola in the playoffs at the end of this coming season, we may get to see a Seminole/Venice game. It would be an interesting game.

7 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Seminole beat a very good Osceola team in the 8A state championship game last season. Osceola is the same team that beat Sarasota Riverview the week before. Guess who was playing QB for Riverview in that loss to Osceola? Right, your new wunderkind transfer QB who is supposed to lead Venice to the promised land. I watched the kid's Spring videos; he's good, but Seminole has to decide between 2 QB's that are at least as equally talented as the new savior at Venice. Osceola is another talented team this season. If Venice gets past Osceola in the playoffs at the end of this coming season, we may get to see a Seminole/Venice game. It would be an interesting game.

Still dealing with young men, so future is tough to predict as I believe many things have to break your way.  Without a doubt, Osceola is definitely better this year than last for a bunch of reasons (players); but can't make any assurances how far that will get them.

45 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Venice will blow them people out stop that 

1 hour ago, Tony112 said:

And y’all talking about riverview and Osceola lol please 

I'm not talking up Riverview; Venice recruited Riverview's QB. What happened; Venice didn't have any talented kids in Venice that could play QB, so they had to go out and rent one? :lol:

"and Osceola lol please" As for Osceola, they sent Venice packing last year in the playoffs, and they have a talented QB of their own, as well as some other talented kids. You may be looking too far ahead; Venice can't get a shot at the defending state champions (Seminole) unless they get past Osceola or other equally good team(s).

11 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I'm not talking up Riverview; Venice recruited Riverview's QB. What happened; Venice didn't have any talented kids in Venice that could play QB, so they had to go out and rent one? :lol:

"and Osceola lol please" As for Osceola, they sent Venice packing last year in the playoffs, and they have a talented QB of their own, as well as some other talented kids. You may be looking too far ahead; Venice can't get a shot at the defending state champions (Seminole) unless they get past Osceola or other equally good team(s).

Well, that’s a very interesting analysis. Especially considering that Venice and Osceola didn’t even play each other last season. :mellow: Maybe Brown transferred to Venice because they are more well-coached than Riverview?