Ex-Gator Tim Tebow eyes NFL comeback

SportsNut25

The NFL QB turned MLB minor leaguer is attempting an NFL comeback as a tight end, according to multiple reports.

The 33-year-old reached out to the Jacksonville Jaguars requesting an opportunity to try out as a tight end, ESPN reported.

Tebow went through a workout with the team’s tight ends coach, according to NFL Network, and the Jaguars have had “at least some discussion” of signing him.

15 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

He should have done this several years ago, if he were serious. The odds of success at this stage are not very good. No hate intended; just stating reality. Could he succeed? Yes. Will he? I doubt it very much. 

Reluctantly, I agree with your assessment, Darter. 

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

Reluctantly, I agree with your assessment, Darter. 

When Denver did not renew his contract, I was really angry as he had taken them to the playoffs and I though he deserved another chance since he had totally turned around their season. It did not happen, and at that point he only wanted to play QB. 

On 4/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

When Denver did not renew his contract, I was really angry as he had taken them to the playoffs and I though he deserved another chance since he had totally turned around their season. It did not happen, and at that point he only wanted to play QB. 

I think his leadership helped Denver achieve what they did that season- not his ability.

1 hour ago, s1nglewing said:

I think his leadership helped Denver achieve what they did that season- not his ability.

That may be true to a degree. But if leadership did it, I still think they should have brought him back. Sometimes a non-conventional player adds a dynamic that the prototype does not.