SportsNut's South Florida Top 10 Rankings

SportsNut25

Yes, these are a little late, but I've decided to put out my own preseason rankings that do not reflect how teams did in their KOC games.

Will probably publish my updated rankings by each Monday. May come on a Monday, may come late on a Sunday. Will have to see but look for it mostly on Mondays.

BROWARD

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - AHP

4 - Coconut Creek

5 - Deerfield

6 - Hallandale

7 - Dillard

8 - Plantation

9 - Cypress Bay

10 - Miramar

PALM BEACH

1 - AHD

2 - Dwyer

3 - Oxbridge Academy

4 - PB Gardens

5 - PB Central

6 - Glades Day

7 - Royal Palm Beach

8 - Atlantic

9 - Boynton Beach

10 - Wellington

MIAMI DADE

1 - Miami Central

2 - BTW

3 - Columbus

4 - Jackson

5 - Carol City

6 - Northwestern

7 - American

8 - Coral Gables

9 - Norland

10 - South Dade

SOUTH FLORIDA COMBINED

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - Miami Central

4 - AHP

5 - Coconut Creek

6 - AHD

7 - Hallandale

8 - Dwyer

9 - Dillard

10 - Oxbridge Academy

Yes, these are a little late, but I've decided to put out my own preseason rankings that do not reflect how teams did in their KOC games. 

Will probably publish my updated rankings by each Monday. May come on a Monday, may come late on a Sunday. Will have to see but look for it mostly on Mondays. 

BROWARD

1 - Flanagan
2 - STA
3 - AHP
4 - Coconut Creek 
5 - Deerfield 
6 - Hallandale
7 - Dillard
8 - Plantation
9 - Cypress Bay
10 - Miramar

PALM BEACH

1 - AHD
2 - Dwyer
3 - Oxbridge Academy
4 - Ft. Pierce Central
5 - PB Gardens
6 - PB Central
7 - Glades Day
8 - Royal Palm Beach
9 - Atlantic
10 - Boynton Beach

MIAMI DADE

1 - Miami Central
2 - BTW
3 - Columbus
4 - Jackson
5 - Carol City
6 - Northwestern
7 - American
8 - Coral Gables
9 - Norland
10 - South Dade

SOUTH FLORIDA COMBINED

1 - Flanagan
2 - STA
3 - Miami Central
4 - AHP
5 - Coconut Creek
6 - AHD
7 - Hallandale
8 - Dwyer
9 - Dillard
10 - Oxbridge Academy

Factoring injuries and where the teams are currently... this is what  I got for now:

Broward

1. St. Thomas Aquinas

2. Hallandale

3. Flanagan

4. Coconut Creek

5. Deerfield Beach

6. American Heritage Plantation

7. Dillard

8. Miramar

9. Plantation

10. South Plantation

Palm Beach

1. American Heritage Delray

2. Atlantic Delray Beach

3. Oxbridge Academy

4. Dwyer

5. Glades Day

6. Wellington

7. West Boca Raton

8. Seminole Ridge 

9. Royal Palm Beach

10. Pahokee

Miami Dade

1. Miami Central

2. Miami Columbus

3. Booker T. Washington

4. Miami Jackson

6. Carol City

7. Norland

8. Northwestern

9. South Dade

10. Westminster Christian

South Florida Combined

1. St. Thomas Aquinas

2. Miami Central

3. Hallandale

4. Flanagan

5. Miami Columbus

6. Coconut Creek

7. Deerfield Beach

8. Booker T. Washington

9. American Heritage Delray

10. Dillard

@broward lol whoaaaaa I will not puiy Hallandale over Flanagan colombus or American heritage delray all of them in my "opinion" will roll Hallandale lets remember Hallandale only had 1 good year and years of consecutive missed playoffs lets see if they are legit to make some noise again because with the way there schedule is setup it wouldn't surprise me to see them with atleast 5 loses and missing the playoffs.

@broward lol whoaaaaa I will not puiy Hallandale over Flanagan colombus or American heritage delray all of them in my "opinion" will roll Hallandale lets remember Hallandale only had 1 good year and years of consecutive missed playoffs lets see if they are legit to make some noise again because with the way there schedule is setup it wouldn't surprise me to see them with atleast 5 loses and missing the playoffs.

@Mighty....I don't get it , why do you have such a serious gripe against Hallandale and Coconut Creek?  Also, not for nothing but you don't even have Flanagan in your South Florida top 10?

I believe by mid-season, I will have Flanagan at  # 3 .  For now they got some things they are working on, and I believe they will peak late.   If St. Thomas Aquinas and Flanagan are both undefeated playing each other the last game of the year how can ESPN NOT have that game on?  That could arguably be two top 10 teams in the country at that point....

I do have them in my sFL top 10 just not on here I was ranking by the teams he had on here.

& I don't have anything against Hallandale or creek but just like dillard they have things they have to prove as well. before last year Hallandale missed the playoofs I believe 5 str8 years ....I get it last year they had a nice run but again it was only 1 year they lost a lot to graduation and have some young pieaces that have to get accumiliated to eachother not to meation games against

DILLARD ST THOMAS MIRAMAR AMERICAN HERITAGE JACKSON CREEK CEDAR GROVE ALL 5.00 BETTER TEAMS THERE LOSING ATLEAST 4 OF THESE GAMES. and as for creek same for them they haven't been relevant in years.!!!! did they have a nice offseason with some impressive wins?? yes but lets see what they do when the lights come on to put them above American heritage delray and booker t is LUDACRIS.

I see where you are going with that and that is where ranking becomes tricky ....How do we know a team that plays that schedule and loses 3-4 close games is not better then say a  Dwyer that plays a cream puff schedule?

The 10-1 7A school or the 5A 7-4 school?   

the 10-1 school will always get the nod.  How about we swap those schedules around now and Dwyer might become 6-5 and Hallandale 10-1 ....Just saying.   The 3rd place team in that District and the 3rd place team in the Flanagan/Miramar District likely could beat most District Champions in South Florida...Doubt it would ever happen but do you realize there is a very slim chance the AHP team that just beat IMG might not see post-season?

I still have to officially drop our final sets of rankings for South Florida (of course, but I have been slammed doing a lot of things getting ready for the season). Needless to say SportsNut is about in the neighborhood of where I will be going with each county.

The only thing though is that Fort Pierce Central is not in Palm Beach County, but actually two counties and 50 some miles to the north.

if dwyer had Hallandale schedule they only lost proably would be to st Thomas and a close win vs American heritage .....the only thing im saying is Hallandale have to show they can be trusted as far as we know they could have been a 1 hit wonder this isn't the first talented team Hallandale has had and they missed the playoffs with a waaaay softer schedule then they have now.

I'm telling u now @broward heritage is winning this district and its going to come down to when Hallandale plays creek and Jackson Jackson may slip in and take that spot.

I still have to officially drop our final sets of rankings for South Florida (of course, but I have been slammed doing a lot of things getting ready for the season). Needless to say SportsNut is about in the neighborhood of where I will be going with each county.

The only thing though is that Fort Pierce Central is not in Palm Beach County, but actually two counties and 50 some miles to the north.

Whoops. Thanks for catching that.

Updated PB County to reflect this, since they aren't in the county.

BROWARD

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - AHP

4 - Coconut Creek

5 - Deerfield

6 - Hallandale

7 - Dillard

8 - Plantation

9 - Cypress Bay

10 - Miramar

PALM BEACH

1 - AHD

2 - Dwyer

3 - Oxbridge Academy

4 - PB Gardens

5 - PB Central

6 - Glades Day

7 - Royal Palm Beach

8 - Atlantic

9 - Boynton Beach

10 - Wellington

MIAMI DADE

1 - Miami Central

2 - BTW

3 - Columbus

4 - Jackson

5 - Carol City

6 - Northwestern

7 - American

8 - Coral Gables

9 - Norland

10 - South Dade

SOUTH FLORIDA COMBINED

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - Miami Central

4 - AHP

5 - Coconut Creek

6 - AHD

7 - Hallandale

8 - Dwyer

9 - Dillard

10 - Oxbridge Academy

6.) Glades Day and 5.)Palm Beach Central   no Glades Central huh ??? Lol

We'll take it.

BROWARD

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - AHP

4 - Coconut Creek

5 - Deerfield

6 - Hallandale

7 - Dillard

8 - Plantation

9 - Cypress Bay

10 - Miramar

PALM BEACH

1 - AHD

2 - Dwyer

3 - Oxbridge Academy

4 - PB Gardens

5 - PB Central

6 - Glades Day

7 - Royal Palm Beach

8 - Atlantic

9 - Boynton Beach

10 - Wellington

MIAMI DADE

1 - Miami Central

2 - BTW

3 - Columbus

4 - Jackson

5 - Carol City

6 - Northwestern

7 - American

8 - Coral Gables

9 - Norland

10 - South Dade

SOUTH FLORIDA COMBINED

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - Miami Central

4 - AHP

5 - Coconut Creek

6 - AHD

7 - Hallandale

8 - Dwyer

9 - Dillard

10 - Oxbridge Academy

By the way,

#7 team we play them this week.

We will see if your right or not. 

BROWARD

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - AHP

4 - Coconut Creek

5 - Deerfield

6 - Hallandale

7 - Dillard

8 - Plantation

9 - Cypress Bay

10 - Miramar

PALM BEACH

1 - AHD

2 - Dwyer

3 - Oxbridge Academy

4 - PB Gardens

5 - PB Central

6 - Glades Day

7 - Royal Palm Beach

8 - Atlantic

9 - Boynton Beach

10 - Wellington

MIAMI DADE

1 - Miami Central

2 - BTW

3 - Columbus

4 - Jackson

5 - Carol City

6 - Northwestern

7 - American

8 - Coral Gables

9 - Norland

10 - South Dade

SOUTH FLORIDA COMBINED

1 - Flanagan

2 - STA

3 - Miami Central

4 - AHP

5 - Coconut Creek

6 - AHD

7 - Hallandale

8 - Dwyer

9 - Dillard

10 - Oxbridge Academy

I broward I would drop cypress bay out and put in Chaminade.

In dade Columbus should be 5

And the who sfla Central should be 1 but I do vibe you guys list.. I should be going to the Jackson vs Columbus game on wed!

Give us your top 10s in the counties Zoe Boy . At least Dade anyway.

Cool

1. Central

2. BTW

3. Carol City

4. Jackson

5. Columbus

6. Coral Gabels

7. American

8. Norland

9. South Dade

10.Southridge

IMO so far..... I will got to the Columbous vs Jackson game on Wednesday.. Columbous would have been number 3 but they lost to winter haven.. I know it's a kickoff classic but who the hell is winter haven? I maybe overreacting but oh well.. Da west is tied with Southridge and I know they gave Dwyer a game but still gotta see what they do tho...

Nice. Columbus did lose to Winter Haven in that Kickoff Classic but Winter Haven is actually one of the better 7A teams in the state. We will get a better read on Columbus vs. Jackson who is supposed to be pretty loaded this year. Do you think Coral Gables could win that 8A-14 District over Columbus?

Yup.. Could of last year... Far as Jackson their my dark horse for 5a... They are very talented and a hell of a coach in Earl Little

I broward I would drop cypress bay out and put in Chaminade.

In dade Columbus should be 5

And the who sfla Central should be 1 but I do vibe you guys list.. I should be going to the Jackson vs Columbus game on wed!

Thought about Chaminade but too many unanswered questions for me right now. 

Also thought about some of the independents but steered away from them for now.