SportsNut's South Florida Top 10 Rankings

SportsNut25

Are you referring to Miramar in the Broward Poll?  Who would you replace Miramar with? Piper, Coral Springs Charter or Calvary Christian - All 2-0..   If that is the case since Miami Central is only 1-1  we got some serious rearranging to do there  in Dade because there are plenty of 2-0 teams that apparently should be ranked above them, right?

@BrowardHandiCapper At least Miramar scored Piper and Coral Springs/Charter would probably have 100 points jumped on them.

Agree.  Miramar was essentially spanked by 2 of the top 5 teams in the Nation.  They lost to elite teams.  Until they start losing to to average teams (South Plantation type teams), in Broward, it is hard not to put them in my top 10.  They will likely easily handle Monarch, and if they beat Plantation there is no doubt they belong in the Broward top 10 list.  Even if they lose a tight game vs. Plantation it could be debatable.

Dillard, Boyd Anderson and Plantation all would have got slaughtered just as bad or worse than Miramar vs. IMG and STA. Some may actually think 18 pts on STA is just as (or more) impressive as beating down South Broward or Stranahan. 

I AGREE With everything you said @BROWARD but lets keep it 100 every time you meantion about a team or teams who would have possibly gotten blown out vs a TOP TIER team you ALWAYS use teams in the low tier TOP 10 AS AN EX while you are correct lets keep it real bra IF ANYBODY.! ON BROWARDS TOP 10 FROM 2-10 HAD MIRAMARS SCHEDULE FOR THE ...((FIRST 2 GAMES)) would go into week 3 0-2.!! except maybe AHP ....OTHER THEN THAT everybody on BROWARDS TOP 10 would have been blown out VS STA & IMG ...YES CREEK...HALLANDALE ...MAYBE FLANAGAN AND FOR A 100% FACT EVERYBODY ELSE EVERYONE WOULD HAVE BEEN SLAUGHTERD.! SO AT THE END OF THE DAY MIRAMAR IS still a top 10 school in broward can't nobody right now name me a school in broward other then STA who would have beat BOTH of them teams or even kept it close.!

I use teams in the low tier top 10 as comparison because that is the RANGE I feel Miramar is in right now the 7-10 range.  I may be wrong.  But the facts are STA, AHP and Flanagan ALL have decent wins at this point.  Would you agree?   As far as a Flanagan or Hallandale having the same schedule as Miramar , I think they would have made those games a lot more interesting.

Things could change .  If Boyd Anderson is slaughtered by Coconut Creek, I think it is safe to say STA, AHP, Hallandale, Flanagan, Creek and Deerfield might be on a little higher level then Plantation, Dillard, Boyd Anderson and Miramar.  Dillard has already slipped, Boyd Anderson could be next....Plantation and Miramar have upcoming opportunities to prove themselves.  We'll have to wait and see.

@BROWARD while I agree with if you want to put it that way.! then lets keep it all the way 100 ...if were breaking down levels in broward top 10 for right NOW.! it would be

ST THOMAS

AMERICAN HERITAGE

FLANAGAN

LEVEL 2

CREEK

HALLANDALE

DEERFIELD

LEVEL 3

DILLARD

PLANTATION

MIRAMAR

BOYD ANDERSON

HALLANDALE OR CREEK IS NOT.!! ON AMERICAN HERITAGE STA OR FLANAGANS LEVEL.! HALLANDALE WILL LOSE BY MORE THEN 2 TOUCHDOWNS TO STA AND AMERICAN HERITAGE.! AND THERE GOING TO LOSE VS MIRAMAR ....CREEK ON THE OTHER HAND ONLY HAVE 2 TOUGH GAMES LEFT ..HALLANDALE AND AHP.!

I like that breakdown...You forgot Jackson though .  Jackson is a solid team and that District is arguably the best in South Florida.  Creek has 3 hard games left and 2 medium games left.  Hard=  @ Hallandale ,@  AHP and Jackson.  Medium = Cardinal Gibbons, Boyd Anderson .   Garbage = Stranahan and Northeast.  Creek's schedule is not easy. Hard District and non-District vs. @ Marist -OOS, @ Flanagan, and Boyd Anderson.  That is a solid schedule in my opinion.

@broward I will give you 156A is tough and talented but what I don't agree with is when you say CREEK have a tough OOD schedule no they don't ....MARIST? MAYBE even the GA natives said that marist was nothing to brag about atleast in recent years but I still may give u that. FLANAGAN ...I give you that 100% ...boyd Anderson lets be real just 2 weeks ago we was just saying how them being .500 would be a great season ....boyd Anderson played a WEAK WEAK WEAK south broward team and a PLAYOFF TEAM BY DEFAULT in stoneman douglas yes there 2-0 but its not a solid 2-0 now I can see if they played Miramar and plantation and was 2-0 okay but I'm sorry that's what you call a weak 2-0 and dosent need to be taken serious JUST YET.! are they talented and moving in the right direction? yes but lets see what they do in the next 2 to 4 weeks starting Friday....as for creek I believe they will be another .500 team by default is they WAAAAAAY better then the creek teams from the last 5 years YES.! YES! YES.! BUT besides there district look at there schedule? its cupcake status ....there not making the playoffs I can tell you that now....it will not shock me if AHP....AND JACKSON REPRESENT that district like they did a few years back then meet again in the 2nd round.

I think top to bottom Coconut Creek has one of the harder schedules in Broward County.  Just my opinion though.  They only have 2 cupcakes in Northeast and Stranahan. Marist, Cardinal Gibbons and Boyd Anderson appear to be average teams and the remainder of the schedule are all potential playoff teams.....of the top 10 teams in Broward we have listed the only cupcake schedules are Boyd Anderson and Dillard in my opinion.

@broward I will give you 156A is tough and talented but what I don't agree with is when you say CREEK have a tough OOD schedule no they don't ....MARIST? MAYBE even the GA natives said that marist was nothing to brag about atleast in recent years but I still may give u that. FLANAGAN ...I give you that 100% ...boyd Anderson lets be real just 2 weeks ago we was just saying how them being .500 would be a great season ....boyd Anderson played a WEAK WEAK WEAK south broward team and a PLAYOFF TEAM BY DEFAULT in stoneman douglas yes there 2-0 but its not a solid 2-0 now I can see if they played Miramar and plantation and was 2-0 okay but I'm sorry that's what you call a weak 2-0 and dosent need to be taken serious JUST YET.! are they talented and moving in the right direction? yes but lets see what they do in the next 2 to 4 weeks starting Friday....as for creek I believe they will be another .500 team by default is they WAAAAAAY better then the creek teams from the last 5 years YES.! YES! YES.! BUT besides there district look at there schedule? its cupcake status ....there not making the playoffs I can tell you that now....it will not shock me if AHP....AND JACKSON REPRESENT that district like they did a few years back then meet again in the 2nd round.

Sorry for the confusion.  I did not say @ Marist was tough. I just said they have a hard District and non-District vs @ Marist, @ Flanagan and Boyd Anderson.  I do not think Marist is a tough game but to go OOS vs a team that might be around say a Dillard is not easy.  You should know playing out of your region is not always easy.  So can we agree Marist is in the Boyd Anderson Dillard, Plantation type range?

Those two years when American Heritage and Jackson made the playoffs and Jackson won both times were in 2011 and 2012 and at that time the only ones in the district were Jackson Norland and Key West. American Heritage had Pompano Beach, Hallandale, Cardinal Gibbons, and Dillard. Jackson and American Heritage didn't have to worry about each until the playoffs whereas now they do in order to make the playoffs. Hallandale wasn't good back then compared to now and Coconut Creek although I'm still not sold on them.

Plantation from my knowledge has never beaten Miramar and they won't this year and they play St. Thomas this Friday so were gonna see how they are. I think Miramar will beat Hallandale this year as well. People forget that Hallandale lost to Miramar last year although preseason game it was 30-7 and finished 10-1.

University is 2-0, McArthur is 2-0, Archbishop McCarthy is 2-0 ..... I could go on and on.  I just take into consideration who the teams have played and how they fared as well....

For example.  If Glades Central were to lose to AHD this weekend and go to 2-1......and  Pope John Paul III were to win and go to 3-0.  Does that mean I should rank Pope John Paul III higher than Glades Central?

Another example if Glades Central opened the year to play @ IMG and @STA with similar results as Miramar would you leave them out of your top 10 Palm Beach list?  I don't think so.

Based on what you are telling me is that you would though....

OK.  Fair enough.  Well....If that's the case..I  guess there are A LOT of 2-0  teams in Dade County better than Miami Central and Booker T. Right???

Now don't go crying wolf if at the end of the year Pope John Paul III has a better record than Glades Central.  If that is the case it would only be fair for you to rank them higher (than Glades Central) in Palm Beach based on what you are telling us?

Yea but Booker T and Miami Central are not 0-2. I see what you are sayin but PJP is independent school. To be honest I dont follow Dade and Broward teams only if GC plays them. I dont know who good or not but I follow Palm Beach teams. This was a jab at slick at his top 10 lol. Great debate with you Mr Broward.

This is the 1st time in a long time that I didn't agree with the sunsentinal but there top 10 don't have dillard in it at all ...no Miramar either WOOW.!! I really think that there looking at records and not strength of schedule right now ...lol smh SS you slacking but hey if dillard want to be back in the top 10 they have to earn it.!

Miami

1. Columbus

2. Central

3. South Dade

4. Coral Gables

5. Carol City

6. Norland

7. Southridge

8. Jackson

9. Mater Academy Charter

10. Booker T. Washington

Broward