3. American Heritage Delray

4. Boca Raton

5. Glades Central

6. Spanish River

7. Lake Worth

8. P.B. Gardens

9. Wellington

10. Boynton Beach

I laugh at McArthur in Broward at #9.  How did Dillard not get the Broward top ten?   

In the Palm Beach Top Ten. Spanish River at #6 is a joke.  Ever hear of Oxbridge Academy, Sun Sentinel?

Broward Sun Sentinel's Dave Brousseau reveals his top 10 for Palm Beach and Broward County:

Palm Beach

1. Dwyer

2. Atlantic Delray Beach

3. Boca Raton

4. Glades Central

5. Palm Beach Gardens

6. Wellington

7. American Heritage Delray

8. Spanish River

9. Lake Worth

10. Boynton Beach

Obviously at this point it is clear this writer has some personal vendetta  or was denied press credentials at Oxbridge Academy or something.  What a mess this list is .  Heritage Delray behind Wellington... Pahokee out but Spanish River, Lake Worth, and Boynton in?  I don't know where to start.  Damn Sun Sentinel....Just stick to Broward county.

Broward County

1. Saint Thomas Aquinas

2. American Heritage Plantation

3. Hallandale

4. Flanagan

5. Plantation

6. Deerfield Beach

7. Coconut Creek

8. Piper

9. McArthur

10. Boyd Anderson

Definitely better than the Palm Beach list but Boyd Anderson is a better team than Piper and McArthur.  Don't be surprised if Stoneman Douglas beats Piper this weekend, and I doubt it will happen but I wish McArthur would get exposed.  After this week I predict Dillard could be back in and if Archbishop McCarthy wins @ North Broward Prep they will 7-0 and have beaten two schools on the road (@University School and @ North Broward Prep) that are better than any single win McArthur has this year (Taravella, Western, Northeast, South Broward, and West Broward this week).  I would say Sun Sentinel would have no way to deny Archbishop McCarthy has a more impressive 7-0 than McArthur's 7-0!

Dillard and Cardinal Gibbons are knocking at the door, as is Coral Springs Charter and University School! Chaminade Madonna, Miramar, and Cypress Bay not far behind as well!  McArthur must go!

Broward Sun Sentinel's Dave Brousseau reveals his top 10 for Palm Beach and Broward County:

Palm Beach

1. Dwyer

2. Atlantic Delray Beach

3. Boca Raton

4. Glades Central

5. Palm Beach Gardens

6. Wellington

7. American Heritage Delray

8. Spanish River

9. Lake Worth

10. Boynton Beach

Obviously at this point it is clear this writer has some personal vendetta  or was denied press credentials at Oxbridge Academy or something.  What a mess this list is .  Heritage Delray behind Wellington... Pahokee out but Spanish River, Lake Worth, and Boynton in?  I don't know where to start.  Damn Sun Sentinel....Just stick to Broward county.

Broward County

1. Saint Thomas Aquinas

2. American Heritage Plantation

3. Hallandale

4. Flanagan

5. Plantation

6. Deerfield Beach

7. Coconut Creek

8. Piper

9. McArthur

10. Boyd Anderson

Definitely better than the Palm Beach list but Boyd Anderson is a better team than Piper and McArthur.  Don't be surprised if Stoneman Douglas beats Piper this weekend, and I doubt it will happen but I wish McArthur would get exposed.  After this week I predict Dillard could be back in and if Archbishop McCarthy wins @ North Broward Prep they will 7-0 and have beaten two schools on the road (@University School and @ North Broward Prep) that are better than any single win McArthur has this year (Taravella, Western, Northeast, South Broward, and West Broward this week).  I would say Sun Sentinel would have no way to deny Archbishop McCarthy has a more impressive 7-0 than McArthur's 7-0!

Dillard and Cardinal Gibbons are knocking at the door, as is Coral Springs Charter and University School! Chaminade Madonna, Miramar, and Cypress Bay not far behind as well!  McArthur must go!

I saw Archbishop McCarthy play last night.  This is a very good team and would absolutely blast a team like McArthur.  2 Very fast running backs just gutting behind wedge blocks and traps.  Archbishop McCarthy very sound win @ North Broward Prep and they go to 7-0.  McArthur is finally exposed and loses to West Broward.  Thank you West Broward.  So perhaps Stoneman Douglas will upset  Piper Friday night and if Dillard and Boyd Anderson win, the 8, 9, 10 next week may look like Boyd Anderson, Dillard and Archbishop McCarthy.  Hopefully McArthur is a team of the past in the top 25....ughhemmm...I mean Sun Sentinel top 10.

Does anybody else think Stoneman Douglas can upset @ Piper?

Sun Sentinel Top 10

By Dave Brousseau

Broward Top 10 for Week 8:

There's a new team on top of the Sun Sentinel Broward football rankings this week and deservingly so.

Following last week 6-3 upset loss to Deerfield Beach, St. Thomas Aquinas was replaced by American Heritage at the top. Heritage has taken on some of the best team in Florida and outside the state. Only loss came the DeMatha (Md.) on a missed extra point.

Flanagan has been punishing opponents since its loss to South Plantation and moved up to No. 2. Deerfield Beach moved to No. 3 after defeating Aquinas for the 12th time in team history.

Each of this week's rankings is followed by the team's previous top-10 ranking, followed by the team and its record.

1. (2) American Heritage (5-1)

Last week: Bye week

This week: at Cardinal Gibbons

2. (4) Flanagan (5-1)

Last week: W (Plantation 35-0)

This week: vs. Everglades

3. (6) Deerfield Beach (5-1)

Last week: W (St. Thomas Aquinas 6-3)

This week: at Douglas

4. (3) Hallandale (5-1)

Last week: W (Coconut Creek 36-22)

This week: at Miramar

5. (1) St. Thomas Aquinas (5-1)

Last week: L (Deerfield Beach 6-3)

This week: vs. Fort Lauderdale

6. (8) Piper (6-0)

Last week: W (Douglas 13-7)

This week: vs. Taravella

7. (5) Plantation (5-2)

Last week: L (Flanagan 35-0)

This week: vs. Western

8. (10) Boyd Anderson (5-1)

Last week: W (Coral Springs 43-6)

This week: at Boynton Beach

9. (7) Coconut Creek (3-3)

Last week: L (Hallandale 36-22)

This week: at Blanche Ely

10. (9) McArthur (5-1)

Last week: L (West Broward 21-13)

This week: vs. Hollywood Hills

Miami

1. Columbus

2. Coral Gables

3. Carol City

4. Central

5. South Dade

6. Mater Academy Charter

7. Norland

8. Booker T. Washington

9. Northwestern

10. American

Broward

1. American Heritage (Plantation)

2. Deerfield Beach

3. St. Thomas Aquarius

4. Hallandale

5. Flanagan

6. Boyd Anderson

7. Plantation

8. Dillard

9. Coconut Creek

10. Piper

@slick you have Flanagan under Hallandale and plantation over dillard WHY.? I'm not dissing your standings I just want to know why there all 4 good teams ...its just in my opinion Flanagan is better then Hallandale and dillard and plantation I believe dillard is playing better.

plantation lost 35-0 to Flanagan then was in a actual nail biter with western until mid 3rd q.t before pulling away.

I don't care what nobody has to say about Flanagan which is they lost to South Plantation. What if that would of been Fort Lauderdale or Pompano Beach Flanagan had a lost to instead of South Plantation. Dillard you can't talk because blowing out Monarch and Douglass doesn't look good on the resume. Oh Plantation only has one lost so that might be why I have them above Dillard.

@SLICK aye bra don't try to come for me and yo facts not straight because for 1 plantation DOES NOT.! have 1 lost they have 2.!! 42-14 LOST TO ST THOMAS AND A 35-0 LOST TO FLANAGAN so before you try and be bold over the internet make sho yo facts straight homie.!

I asked 1 simple question what made u post Flanagan over Hallandale and what made u post plantation over dillard and you just went WAAAAYYYYYY left field.!

grant it Flanagan had a ugly lost to south plantation but ummm how many weeks ago was that? things happen.! sometimes its just not your night.! every legit team on this top 10 has a LOST.! so whats your point.!? Flanagan would murder Hallandale right now.! and your insane if u thank otherwise.

Just chill and stay in ya lane bra cuz u just got hyped and waay out of line 4 no reason at all my question to u had NOTHING to do with what somebody else say I asked you about your thoughts.!

OH YEAH and another thing NOT 1 time did I ever BOAST about beating monarch and northeast BUT GUESS what playa they was on our schedule and at the end of the day there was NO DOUBT left who the superior team was and that's all u can do u cant control what the other team had done thus far.!

because if u want to do that we can go all around the county FLANAGAN @ EVERGLADES PLANTATION VS WESTERN DEERFIELD VS DOUGLAS.! WITH ALL TEAMS ON THE RIGHT.! BEING BLOW OUTS.! SO AGAIN TIGHTEN UP and don't try to come for me bra cuz im A1 over here wit mine.

Flanagan is supposed to be this top notched team making it all the way to Orlando in 8A regardless of who played or didn't play in the game isn't an excuse. So Dillard if your trying to convince me otherwise it's not happening. I think if Hallandale and Flanagan played Hallandale would win a close one though. Another thing you talking where Dillard should be placed some wouldn't even have Dillard in their top 10. Look it's just a matter of opinion Plantation is 6-2 and Dillard is 5-2 and this Friday y'all play each other and if y'all win then you go about Plantation and if you don't win well..........

@slick name me 1 person on this board that wouldn't have dillard on BROWARDS TOP 10.!!???

because I know for a FACT dillard is a top 10 team they may not be top 3 right now but there capable.! so what u mean.!??

were ranked in MIAMI HERLAD TOP 20.! and were ranked #14 in SOUTH FLORIDA SPORTS TOP 20.!! so apparently plenty of other people see the same thing I KNOW.!

and u say oh plantation is 6-2 and dillard is 5-2 that's why u ranked them higher but just yesterday u said oh because they have 1 LOST that's why there above dillard not knowing they actually have 2 loses.! LOL.! just stop it slick.! the only reason why plantation have 6 wins and dillard has 5 is because dillard already had there bye in week 4 plantation hasn't had theres yet.! but if were going off whose playing better right now it's dillard.! u even said yo self u don't know much about broward and the teams down here.! WEEELLLLLLL I do.! so I believe I know what I'm talking about.

Updated: Sun Sentinel Broward County Top 10 Rankings Week 9 by Dave Brousseau

1. American Heritage Plantation

2. Flanagan

3. Deerfield Beach

4. Hallandale

5. St. Thomas Aquinas

6. Piper

7. Plantation

8. Boyd Anderson

9. Coconut Creek

10. McArthur

Sun Sentinel Palm Beach County Top 10 Rankings Week 9 by Dave  Brousseau