WEEK 9 10/22/21 DILLARD @ ST THOMAS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Let the games begin!!, not only will this be a district matchup for the first time since 2008

but both teams can very well come into this game undefeated. Dillard is on a 22 game REGULAR SEASON dating back to 2018. 

dillard has turned a major corner and is now looked at as the power house so this game for the district is gonna be MUST SEE. #letsgetit 

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to WEEK 9 10/22/21 DILLARD @ ST THOMAS

4 hours ago, fishspinners said:

There goes that regular season win streak.

Tbh regular season streaks mean to much if you don’t finish off with a title. Don’t get me wrong now this 22 game regular season win streak has been on for the books especially with how far Dillard has come, from a has been power house, to a school that can’t keep a coach so they never can keep their talent ; To A School that has went undefeated the last two years in the regular season, and captured the tri county championship last year due to COVID. 

so even if we do lose to St Thomas I just want to see how well we can compete with a national power house, so if we see them again in the regional championship we can hopefully get them then. 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Tbh regular season streaks mean to much if you don’t finish off with a title. Don’t get me wrong now this 22 game regular season win streak has been on for the books especially with how far Dillard has come, from a has been power house, to a school that can’t keep a coach so they never can keep their talent ; To A School that has went undefeated the last two years in the regular season, and captured the tri county championship last year due to COVID. 

so even if we do lose to St Thomas I just want to see how well we can compete with a national power house, so if we see them again in the regional championship we can hopefully get them then. 

Kings of Florida 45 Dillard 21

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Kings of Florida 45 Dillard 21

Even in a lost I look forward to the black hole defense holding their own a lot better then that. 

if we lose a 31-28 type game against those boys I wouldn’t be mad at all. I just want my boys to show they can compete. 

and if we see them again in the playoffs who knows. 

13 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Even in a lost I look forward to the black hole defense holding their own a lot better then that. 

if we lose a 31-28 type game against those boys I wouldn’t be mad at all. I just want my boys to show they can compete. 

and if we see them again in the playoffs who knows. 

So What do you think Dillard needs to do in order to keep the talent at the school. St. Thomas and American Heritage are pulling everywhere not just from Dillard. Blanche Ely, Deerfield Beach, Boyd Anderson and so on. On the other hand Northwestern, Central and Booker T. stay loaded year in and out 

5 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So What do you think Dillard needs to do in order to keep the talent at the school. St. Thomas and American Heritage are pulling everywhere not just from Dillard. Blanche Ely, Deerfield Beach, Boyd Anderson and so on. On the other hand Northwestern, Central and Booker T. stay loaded year in and out 

That’s the crazy part the last 2 seasons Dillards talent have been staying home. During this 22 game regular season winning streak and through the tri county title, dillards talent has been within.

now we got a few transfers, along with our talent coming back this year. 

40 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s the crazy part the last 2 seasons Dillards talent have been staying home. During this 22 game regular season winning streak and through the tri county title, dillards talent has been within.

now we got a few transfers, along with our talent coming back this year. 

Oh I see so Dillard will be crowned 7A state chapms this upcoming season 

5 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Oh I see so Dillard will be crowned 7A state chapms this upcoming season 

We have to play the games & see what happens, they’re a lot of talented teams in 7A with great coaching. So while I see us being in the thick of things a lot of things can happen in a season that can help or break your season so we’re just taking it one day at a time.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We have to play the games & see what happens, they’re a lot of talented teams in 7A with great coaching. So while I see us being in the thick of things a lot of things can happen in a season that can help or break your season so we’re just taking it one day at a time.

Don't yall win basketball titles all the time?

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yeah but if you get pass St. Thomas 7A is going to Dillard. Nobody else is competition except Edgewater and maybe Robert E. Lee but then again Lee is just like Deerfield Beach don't do anything lol 

2 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Yeah but if you get pass St. Thomas 7A is going to Dillard. Nobody else is competition except Edgewater and maybe Robert E. Lee but then again Lee is just like Deerfield Beach don't do anything lol 

That would be awesome and well deserved but hey that’s why they play the games, and unless someone does the unpredictable which is best st Thomas before regionals we will most likely play them twice for the right to make it to the final 4.

so of u ask me I would rather lose a close one in the regular season and get revenge in the post season, because beating st Thomas twice in a season is almost impossible. 

18 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

First off I'll start with the incorrect parts 

One STA is not gonna be easy, if Dillard can beat them I would be really surprised but good luck to Dillard there but it's unlikely

However Robert E Lee isn't even in 7a so they ain't gonna make state nor would they have any shot of making it in a tough 7a north 

Heck Lee even with transfers won't win the 6a north 

And lastly I could think of 5-10 teams in 6a or 7a north I would see as threats alongside Edgewater, Lee isn't one of them

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

First off I'll start with the incorrect parts 

One STA is not gonna be easy, if Dillard can beat them I would be really surprised but good luck to Dillard there but it's unlikely

However Robert E Lee isn't even in 7a so they ain't gonna make state nor would they have any shot of making it in a tough 7a north 

Heck Lee even with transfers won't win the 6a north 

And lastly I could think of 5-10 teams in 6a or 7a north I would see as threats alongside Edgewater, Lee isn't one of them

The only thing I see incorrect is mistaking lee for being in 7A. 

but no one ever said st Thomas was gonna be easy or A cake walk, all he said was that if Dillard did beat st Thomas in the playoffs then he believes 7A would go to Dillard. 

dillard has the coaching staff and team to beat st Thomas, no wether that translates to a win? That’s yet to be seen because what you have on paper means nothing if it’s not produced on the field. 

also I was one of the first to mention that 7A is loaded even outside of st Thomas which is why I mentioned “One game at a time”. 

but it seems that you came to critique rather then talk about and give your opinion on the actual game it’s self. Which would mean you would have to be informative about south Florida and their programs. 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

but no one ever said st Thomas was gonna be easy or A cake walk, all he said was that if Dillard did beat st Thomas in the playoffs then he believes 7A would go to Dillard. 

dillard has the coaching staff and team to beat st Thomas, no wether that translates to a win? That’s yet to be seen because what you have on paper means nothing if it’s not produced on the field. 

also I was one of the first to mention that 7A is loaded even outside of st Thomas which is why I mentioned “One game at a time”. 

but it seems that you came to critique rather then talk about and give your opinion on the actual game it’s self. Which would mean you would have to be informative about south Florida and their programs. 

Why would I judge a game this early when anything can change in a few months?

I want to see how the STA and Dillard look during a few games before trying to guess how a matchup will go 

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

At the end of the day right now in May we don't know how this matchup will look

Dillard may gain or lose players in the off-season

Someone else in 7a south could pick up a bunch of transfers and become a bigger threat 

Edgewater may become more loaded than STA on paper

WE DON'T KNOW! It's too early to make a prediction on this game 

I get your excited for the season but trying to guess how this matchup will go now is a shot in the dark at best 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Why would I judge a game this early when anything can change in a few months?

I want to see how the STA and Dillard look during a few games before trying to guess how a matchup will go 

And I can respect that, but in the same breath in your first comment you went str8 to “st Thomas isn’t gonna be easy etc etc” when nobody ever said they were.

u also said you don’t see us beating them, how can u say that not knowing wha Dillard has you went as far as to say you would be surprised if Dillard won”

ignoring the face Dillard is on a 22 game winning streak and they could have very well won 6A last year, but we would never know because we was never given that opportunity but the opportunity we was delt we won the title. Now am I comparing any of those teams to st Thomas or any other team in 7A ijs. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:22 PM, FBGUY1989 said:

Probably because the Dade publics usually get more transfers than STA but people overlook that detail 

People look at privates as transfer loaded but many publics actually get more transfers than the privates that are called cheaters, I'm seeing that up here in North Florida and it been happening in SFL for years

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And I can respect that, but in the same breath in your first comment you went str8 to “st Thomas isn’t gonna be easy etc etc” when nobody ever said they were.

u also said you don’t see us beating them, how can u say that not knowing wha Dillard has you went as far as to say you would be surprised if Dillard won”

ignoring the face Dillard is on a 22 game winning streak and they could have very well won 6A last year, but we would never know because we was never given that opportunity but the opportunity we was delt we won the title. Now am I comparing any of those teams to st Thomas or any other team in 7A ijs. 

I said I would be surprised because Broward publics haven't had a strong track record against STA as of late 

When's the last time a Broward public not named DFB beat them? Dillard isn't a bad team but this isn't the same Dillard of the 80s-early 00s

Just look at what STA did to plantation in both matchups 2 seasons ago, and plantation is no push over and you should know this considering plantation past history with Dillard

I think Dillard has taken a step in the right direction but I'm gonna need to see more to feel confident picking Dillard to beat STA, again if Dillard can beat them then I'll be the first one to come on here and eat crow though

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I said I would be surprised because Broward publics haven't had a strong track record against STA as of late 

When's the last time a Broward public not named DFB beat them? Dillard isn't a bad team but this isn't the same Dillard of the 80s-early 00s

Just look at what STA did to plantation in both matchups 2 seasons ago, and plantation is no push over and you should know this considering plantation past history with Dillard

I think Dillard has taken a step in the right direction but I'm gonna need to see more to feel confident picking Dillard to beat STA, again if Dillard can beat them then I'll be the first one to come on here and eat crow though

Plantation hasn’t been the same in a few years now. And Dillard haven’t been in the same district as STA since 08. 

amd STA hasn’t faced a strong talented well coached Dillard team this decade. Now don’t get me wrong STA may still win this October matchup but Dillard is nowhere near the same Dillard of old. 

and the last time we faced plantation we demolished them, so all I’m saying is it’s gonna be a great matchup I never predicted a winner. 

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That would be Miramar who beat STA three years in a row around the early 2010s, and back in 2017. 

24 minutes ago, SubZero said:

That would be Miramar who beat STA three years in a row around the early 2010s, and back in 2017. 

Cooper City also beat them to win the district in 2011. Although I get what Columbia is saying, it’s not often for a broward county public school to beat the raiders. 

all I’m saying let’s hold off on crowning a winner when a lot of things can happen from now to august. That’s all I’m saying. Dillard has a dam good coaching staff and it’s been building for over two years now. Our talent is staying home and even getting some new talent in. 

let’s remember glades central came in undefeated last year. After demolishing their entire schedule including beating booker T, then they came to Dillard and was blew out.

then in the title game, even tho it’s not respected because it wasn’t the FHSAA title game, Dillard went up against a NMB team who had beat carol city a always formidable opponent ; and they beat the number 1 seed Killian who was blasting everyone on their schedule.

only to see Dillard in the title game and lost by over 25 points. I said all that to say this Dillard has proved themselves to be a powerhouse and a team that’s easily top 5 in broward now. 

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Cooper City also beat them to win the district in 2011. Although I get what Columbia is saying, it’s not often for a broward county public school to beat the raiders. 

all I’m saying let’s hold off on crowning a winner when a lot of things can happen from now to august. That’s all I’m saying. Dillard has a dam good coaching staff and it’s been building for over two years now. Our talent is staying home and even getting some new talent in. 

let’s remember glades central came in undefeated last year. After demolishing their entire schedule including beating booker T, then they came to Dillard and was blew out.

then in the title game, even tho it’s not respected because it wasn’t the FHSAA title game, Dillard went up against a NMB team who had beat carol city a always formidable opponent ; and they beat the number 1 seed Killian who was blasting everyone on their schedule.

only to see Dillard in the title game and lost by over 25 points. I said all that to say this Dillard has proved themselves to be a powerhouse and a team that’s easily top 5 in broward now. 

I got to see North Miami Beach

Some talented kids but undisciplined, I was actually surprised they beat BTW, Carol City and Killian 

It was a solid win for Dillard but with all due respect none of the teams they beat were Miami Central, STA, Northwestern level 

I would be first one to congratulate you if you all beat STA but I still need to see how both look once games start before I would feel confident in either but just going of historically I have to give STA the edge there