WEEK 9 10/22/21 DILLARD @ ST THOMAS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Cooper City also beat them to win the district in 2011. Although I get what Columbia is saying, it’s not often for a broward county public school to beat the raiders. 

all I’m saying let’s hold off on crowning a winner when a lot of things can happen from now to august. That’s all I’m saying. Dillard has a dam good coaching staff and it’s been building for over two years now. Our talent is staying home and even getting some new talent in. 

let’s remember glades central came in undefeated last year. After demolishing their entire schedule including beating booker T, then they came to Dillard and was blew out.

then in the title game, even tho it’s not respected because it wasn’t the FHSAA title game, Dillard went up against a NMB team who had beat carol city a always formidable opponent ; and they beat the number 1 seed Killian who was blasting everyone on their schedule.

only to see Dillard in the title game and lost by over 25 points. I said all that to say this Dillard has proved themselves to be a powerhouse and a team that’s easily top 5 in broward now. 

Yup 

That's basically the bottom line of my point, it doesn't come often 

In fact may I ask when was the last time Dillard defeated STA in a regular season or playoff game?

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I got to see North Miami Beach

Some talented kids but undisciplined, I was actually surprised they beat BTW, Carol City and Killian 

It was a solid win for Dillard but with all due respect none of the teams they beat were Miami Central, STA, Northwestern level 

I would be first one to congratulate you if you all beat STA but I still need to see how both look once games start before I would feel confident in either but just going of historically I have to give STA the edge there 

And I can’t do anything but respect your opinion but let’s be honest Miami northwestern didn’t look all that great last year & didn’t they narrowly escape key west 28-20 a school that’s not even known for football. 

and no neither of those schools are Miami central or st Thomas, but each year one school matches up better vs one school then maybe the next. If givin the chance Dillard could’ve very well went all the way last year ; But we will never know because we wasn’t givin that opportunity.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I got to see North Miami Beach

Some talented kids but undisciplined, I was actually surprised they beat BTW, Carol City and Killian 

It was a solid win for Dillard but with all due respect none of the teams they beat were Miami Central, STA, Northwestern level 

I would be first one to congratulate you if you all beat STA but I still need to see how both look once games start before I would feel confident in either but just going of historically I have to give STA the edge there 

The reason I said Dillard would be crowded 7A is because everyone and their momma knows St. Thomas is the big dog. The same is for Northwestern and Central. Ain't nobody stupid if Northwestern or Central gets beat we all know it's fair game because they run their classification.

Another thing you clearly don't know Miami talent at all sir. Yes schools like Northwestern, Central and Booker T.  receive transfers and that's with any public or private school but the volt of their talent like 95% comes from the neighborhood. Northwestern and Central (Liberty City) and Booker T. (Overtown)

2 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

The reason I said Dillard would be crowded 7A is because everyone and their momma knows St. Thomas is the big dog. The same is for Northwestern and Central. Ain't nobody stupid if Northwestern or Central gets beat we all know it's fair game because they run their classification.

Another thing you clearly don't know Miami talent at all sir. Yes schools like Northwestern, Central and Booker T.  receive transfers and that's with any public or private school but the volt of their talent like 95% comes from the neighborhood. Northwestern and Central (Liberty City) and Booker T. (Overtown)

Another thing I don't know? I have a great idea 

Show me a list of all the transfers to STA in 2019 and compare it with a list of transfers of Miami Central and Northwestern and we will see who really knows the Miami talent 

And good to know, I'm fully aware of the talent in overtown and liberty city but all the talent isn't zoned for one school even before the loose transfer rules came around and why should we trust what you claim to know about 7a when you didn't even know what schools were in it but somehow would think Lee of all teams would even be a threat in 7a even if that was their rightful classification

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Just off the top of my head here are teams with a better shot to make a deep run than Lee in 7a even if they were in the class

Not including Edgewater, STA or Dillard

Lake Gibson

Niceville

Navarre

Lakeland

Bloomingdale

Armwood

Tampa Bay Tech

Manatee

Lincoln

Madison county as well

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Just off the top of my head here are teams with a better shot to make a deep run than Lee in 7a even if they were in the class

Not including Edgewater, STA or Dillard

Lake Gibson

Niceville

Navarre

Lakeland

Bloomingdale

Armwood

Tampa Bay Tech

Manatee

Lincoln

I see a lot of schools with great coaching on that list lol. But are we going with the same RPI from 2 years ago ? Because if so we wouldn’t see STA until the regional finals right ?

and if we’re the 1 or 2 seed we would get the high seeds the first two rounds ?

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I see a lot of schools with great coaching on that list lol. But are we going with the same RPI from 2 years ago ? Because if so we wouldn’t see STA until the regional finals right ?

and if we’re the 1 or 2 seed we would get the high seeds the first two rounds ?

Nope because 1-4 is district champs so Dillard with a loss to STA finish no better than 5th which would set up a 2nd round matchup since 1 seed gets 4/5 winner 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nope because 1-4 is district champs so Dillard with a loss to STA finish no better than 5th which would set up a 2nd round matchup since 1 seed gets 4/5 winner 

But whose to say Dillard is gonna lose to st Thomas in that week 9 matchup it’s many different variables that can happen, but it seems as you’re already chalking us up as the number 4th or 5 seed.

and two years ago Dillard went undefeated with some quality wins and we were still the #2 seed, so winning your district doesn’t automatically put you as the one seed. At that with STA Not having any out of state opponents this year a lot of things can be different. 

9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But whose to say Dillard is gonna lose to st Thomas in that week 9 matchup it’s many different variables that can happen, but it seems as you’re already chalking us up as the number 4th or 5 seed.

and two years ago Dillard went undefeated with some quality wins and we were still the #2 seed, so winning your district doesn’t automatically put you as the one seed. At that with STA Not having any out of state opponents this year a lot of things can be different. 

Okay so if you all beat STA it's likely Dillard as 1 seed and STA at 5 seed

Still meet in second round

49 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Okay so if you all beat STA it's likely Dillard as 1 seed and STA at 5 seed

Still meet in second round

Not that it matters but I just want to understand how come ? Because two years ago the way they did rpi dillard & central won their districts & we didn’t see central until the regional finals

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not that it matters but I just want to understand how come ? Because two years ago the way they did rpi dillard & central won their districts & we didn’t see central until the regional finals

Central and Dillard weren't in the same district

STA and Dillard are 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In 1-4a it's regions but districts in 5-8a still

O ok I get it now I was just confused because two years ago and before we played the district winner of 6A-16 regardless of who did what. 

but if Dillard & STA make the playoffs out of the same district I get it. & that would put one of the teams on the road vs a team like who Atlantic in the first round ?

7 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

O ok I get it now I was just confused because two years ago and before we played the district winner of 6A-16 regardless of who did what. 

but if Dillard & STA make the playoffs out of the same district I get it. & that would put one of the teams on the road vs a team like who Atlantic in the first round ?

Possibly