2021 State Championships Site

muckboy561

3 hours ago, muckboy561 said:

Does anybody knows where The State Championships will be played this upcoming season???

Oh yea ya boy moved to Tallahassee this week so now I lives in my rival city lol. Go Gators!!!!!

Congrats on the move fam, so u won’t b able to catch to many raider games this season then ? 

that’s a far commute 

I remember attending a playoff game at Episcopal High School located right off the St. John's River in Jacksonville. Must have been late November or early December, if I remember correctly. I grew up in New York where it gets really cold. Well, this game was really cold. So cold that you could hear the crackling of the trees and plants and I think I could see my breath. Lasted the first half and that was it. There was really no place to go inside to. So, I can see how a game played in Tallahassee, which is somewhat farther north than Jacksonville, might not be the ideal place for games in December.

5 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I remember attending a playoff game at Episcopal High School located right off the St. John's River in Jacksonville. Must have been late November or early December, if I remember correctly. I grew up in New York where it gets really cold. Well, this game was really cold. So cold that you could hear the crackling of the trees and plants and I think I could see my breath. Lasted the first half and that was it. There was really no place to go inside to. So, I can see how a game played in Tallahassee, which is somewhat farther north than Jacksonville, might not be the ideal place for games in December.

It definitely gets cold in the panhandle. I know from over 8 years of experience. It's mainly the fact that the cold gets combined with humidity and it always manages to rain as well

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It doesn't get that cold up here, I wish it did because I like the cold weather because it feels mild compared to the summer heat 

In 2002, I watched Edgewater vs Norland in a state title game in Tally. At game time, it was 44 degrees and manageable. By the end of the first half, it was about 30 degrees and I was freezing. I had not brought the right clothes for the weather, and it was a very chilling experience. 

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

In 2002, I watched Edgewater vs Norland in a state title game in Tally. At game time, it was 44 degrees and manageable. By the end of the first half, it was about 30 degrees and I was freezing. I had not brought the right clothes for the weather, and it was a very chilling experience. 

44 is normally one of the lower degree days up here

I can't remember last time in December it was in the 30s

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

44 is normally one of the lower degree days up here

I can't remember last time in December it was in the 30s

12 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It doesn't get that cold up here, I wish it did because I like the cold weather because it feels mild compared to the summer heat 

In Ocala, which is 75 miles below Jacksonville, we sometimes get down in the teens in December. All I can tell you is that at game time it was well below freezing at Episcopal. I have never been so cold with exception of winters in Boston attending college. 

23 hours ago, Proseteye said:

In Ocala, which is 75 miles below Jacksonville, we sometimes get down in the teens in December. All I can tell you is that at game time it was well below freezing at Episcopal. I have never been so cold with exception of winters in Boston attending college. 

Proseteye, did you attend the same College as Doug Flutie? 

23 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Championship sites in Tallahassee again.  Florida state needs the money.  Plus awesome stadium and city. Cross country is always in Tallahassee,  track is in Jacksonville,  other sports up north stop complaining.  South Florida has tourists so chill. Theme parks everything. Let the north host something. 

13 hours ago, blackmagic said:

Hopefully not Tallahassee. They did us wrong up there. 20 degree weather and had the kids in tents underneath the stadium with no heaters. Was a terrible 

Ever heard of jackets buddy. This is Florida it ain't that cold, cross country run in 30 degree weather.  Track to . 

39 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Flutie went to Boston College in Newton a suburb of Boston. Berklee College, where I went, is in Back Bay located in downtown Boston about 5 miles away. I would never have met him as he was 1 year old when I graduated in 1963. :)

49 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Flutie went to Boston College in Newton a suburb of Boston. Berklee College, where I went, is in Back Bay located in downtown Boston about 5 miles away. I would never have met him as he was 1 year old when I graduated in 1963. :)

All right, thank you. 

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

If the FHSAA is now allowing state championship series football games to be played on the campuses of state universities (and not just because it's a Covid aberration), they really ought to consider Gainesville (at the Swamp) or UCF.   

They will if they fill out the formal paperwork signaling their interest. Problem is most places that should be considered for the title games never formally signals their interest in hosting. 

Just now, SportsNut25 said:

They will if they fill out the formal paperwork signaling their interest. Problem is most places that should be considered for the title games never formally signals their interest in hosting. 

Well most of the fans think the FHSAA should try and beg sites and then pay the sites to make money on the game lol

In other states the people who have say over the large stadiums want to host it, in Florida the people with the power want to maximize their profit at the expense of the kids

20 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

Point well taken.  

That said, it would not surprise me if the 'people responsible for filling out the paperwork' are still operating under the same impression that I've been operating under -- namely, that the FHSAA does not want events to be hosted by state universities for fear that would give the host school some sort of recruiting advantage over the other schools in the state. 

If I know it would be a waste of time to fill out the paperwork, I wouldn't waste my time.   That's been the case over the past decade.  If the FHSAA has now reconsidered their position, they need to let folks know. 

Just my two cents.