2021 State Championships Site

muckboy561

18 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Except when both are pretty good at the same time. In particular early 2000's with Xavier Lee at QB for Seabreeze (FSU) and Vince Wilson and Travis Roland leading Mainland, cars were still trying to come in at halftime. Think that crowd was 6-7K. Yearly, Bethune-Cookman's homecoming, at 10,000-15,000, is a disaster waiting to happen.   

That was a long time ago. Maybe Mainland and Seabreeze  can get back to those attendance figures with Travis Roland and Pat Brown, two very good high school football coaches, leading the Buccaneers and Sandcrabs. 

4 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

That was a long time ago. Maybe Mainland and Seabreeze  can get back to those attendance figures with Travis Roland and Pat Brown, two very good high school football coaches, leading the Buccaneers and Sandcrabs. 

Since coach Beach left for Georgia and the money Seabreeze has been in free fall. I think you are right about coach Brown. The question is can he get those same bused over the bridge Daytona mainland side athletes now that kids can play where they want. They miss the bus in the morning or afternoon and it can be tough catching a ride across the intracoastal. Also thinking of the annual Mainland/Seabreeze match up, parking access is really screwed up when Mainland is the visitor and sits on the northside of the stadium with most of their fans coming from the south.  Seabreeze then the home team sitting on the southside is coming from the north and must make a left turn in front of the Mainland cars. Add booster clubs taking $5 a car, 30 ft off of two lane LPGA Blvd with knowone having the proper change. Now add other traffic not attending the game but getting off both Interstate Highways taking a shortcut and what a cluster "F" you have......#angryoldman   :)   

20 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Since coach Beach left for Georgia and the money Seabreeze has been in free fall. I think you are right about coach Brown. The question is can he get those same bused over the bridge Daytona mainland side athletes now that kids can play where they want. They miss the bus in the morning or afternoon and it can be tough catching a ride across the intracoastal. Also thinking of the annual Mainland/Seabreeze match up, parking access is really screwed up when Mainland is the visitor and sits on the northside of the stadium with most of their fans coming from the south.  Seabreeze then the home team sitting on the southside is coming from the north and must make a left turn in front of the Mainland cars. Add booster clubs taking $5 a car, 30 ft off of two lane LPGA Blvd with knowone having the proper change. Now add other traffic not attending the game but getting off both Interstate Highways taking a shortcut and what a cluster "F" you have......#angryoldman   :)   

I believe that Coach Pat Brown can get players to play at Seabreeze, especially defensive players. The real question in my mind is whether or not Seabreeze can keep him coaching at the school, and not leaving for greener pastures. 

4 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

How do you feel about the switch from MEAC to SWAC for Famu and BCU. Do you think they have a shot football and band wise

It was definitely an unexpected switch being that they're going from Mid-Eastern to Southwest. But I do feel like they wanted to freshen things up and be more competitive. Not saying the MEAC isn't competitive but both schools have done a lot for that conference in multiple sports. Plus the SWAC brand as a whole has been rising lately, so it could be another way to raise the school's profile and open up other opportunities. I definitely feel like football and band wise they both have a great shot and SWAC member bands are more on par with both schools when it comes to accolades. 

Also, with the MEAC v SWAC games and the bowl it gives more intrigue when those 2 teams face a MEAC school. Good backstory for the games for the media lol

10 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

If they play the classic at the Daytona International Speedway.

The Bethune-Cookman/ FAMU game has been their last regular season game for decades. In 1974 the Wildcats were the home team. At that time all Daytona home games were played at the city's Municipal Stadium which is now a large parking lot for Daytona State on it's north side. It had aout 5,000 seats compared to Famu's Bragg Memorial Stadium's 25,000+. Someone got the bright idea to approach the speedway and see if a temporary playing field could be setup in the race track's tri-oval finishline area. This annual interstate rivalry has always been Bethune-Cookman's biggest money maker. The speedway agreed to make it happen. And 17,000+ tickets (22,000 total) were sold. I tried to post a picture of the local Daytona area members (the ? on my last post). I was one of 6 Volusia County players on a team of about 85 guys. I was looking pretty damn MEAN too !   :)   

4 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

How do you feel about the switch from MEAC to SWAC for Famu and BCU. Do you think they have a shot football and band wise

Band wise NO IF ANDS OR BUTTS. The WILDCATS are bad ass. They rep Florida well !!!!  And the Rattlers are world famous. I like the change, the new schedule. Grambling, Jackson ST, and Southern University come to Daytona sooner or later ? What's not to like.

2 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Band wise NO IF ANDS OR BUTTS. The WILDCATS are bad ass. They rep Florida well !!!!  And the Rattlers are world famous. I like the change, the new schedule. Grambling, Jackson ST, and Southern University come to Daytona sooner or later ? What's not to like.

Exactly and with the games against Jackson State there's gonna be major exposure for both schools thanks to Head Coach Primetime standing on the other side lol. But more major recruits will have eyes on them just off that game alone.