2021 State Championships Site

muckboy561

14 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Refresh this old guy's memory. That name sounds sort of familiar....

Jam, it's not like you to be a smart ass....That's my M.O.   :)

** Google says Fritz Pollard was a professional football player in the 1920's. He was also one of the league's first black coaches. Sounds like an all around good guy. RIP Mr Pollard. 

14 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

How do you feel about the switch from MEAC to SWAC for Famu and BCU. Do you think they have a shot football and band wise

MEAC is dying, financially I think it was a good move. Sucks to lose the rivalries but we can still schedule them.  

FAMUAN here from the highest of 7 hills we will Strike, Strike and Strike again!  If you didn't already know

9 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

The Bethune-Cookman/ FAMU game has been their last regular season game for decades. In 1974 the Wildcats were the home team. At that time all Daytona home games were played at the city's Municipal Stadium which is now a large parking lot for Daytona State on it's north side. It had aout 5,000 seats compared to Famu's Bragg Memorial Stadium's 25,000+. Someone got the bright idea to approach the speedway and see if a temporary playing field could be setup in the race track's tri-oval finishline area. This annual interstate rivalry has always been Bethune-Cookman's biggest money maker. The speedway agreed to make it happen. And 17,000+ tickets (22,000 total) were sold. I tried to post a picture of the local Daytona area members (the ? on my last post). I was one of 6 Volusia County players on a team of about 85 guys. I was looking pretty damn MEAN too !   :)   

Send me the pick and I will try to post it for you.  You got my info.

8 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

** Google says Fritz Pollard was a professional football player in the 1920's. He was also one of the league's first black coaches. Sounds like an all around good guy. RIP Mr Pollard. 

Jam has found commonality with several of us board folks and IMO is now more easy going and opening up... So you may get some good jabs from him now.  @Jambun82 I got to give props this one was EPIC... Called ole dan an old fart and made him go google it to find out just how bad it was LMAO.

20 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Yes, Fritz Pollard was the first black player and coach in the NFL in the 1920's. Now, the Fritz Pollard Alliance is the group of former NFL coaches that works with on more opportunities for black coaches in the NFL. I had heard that you were friends with him, but I cannot confirm that at this time. lol 

11 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Jam has found commonality with several of us board folks and IMO is now more easy going and opening up... So you may get some good jabs from him now.  @Jambun82 I got to give props this one was EPIC... Called ole dan an old fart and made him go google it to find out just how bad it was LMAO.

Yes, thank you. 

12 hours ago, peezy28 said:

MEAC is dying, financially I think it was a good move. Sucks to lose the rivalries but we can still schedule them.  

FAMUAN here from the highest of 7 hills we will Strike, Strike and Strike again!  If you didn't already know

I counted 3 strikes, you're out SNAKE....

See if yall can access this link for Dan's picture.  The picture will show small in the left corner but if you tap it, it will open up and can see Dans 1920 picture on the BCC Pussycats and his teammates.  Xavier Lee dad is big 72... I will not reveal which one is Dan but it won't be hard to figure out and if you choose wrong he gonna run down on you like some ATK vs KTA isht beef.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/6sdeC5bnP0h0

# 83 and # 16 played with NFL Hall of Famer Wes Chandler at New Smyrna Beach High

# 72 Albert "Bubba" Burton at 6'6" played for the Dallas Cowboys

# 73 Willie "Foots" (size 16) Lee played for the Kansas City Chief and is the late father of QB Xavier Lee (FSU)

#25 Booker T "Dab" Williams is a longtime Miami area educator and author. 

#12 Bad Dude

54 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

# 83 and # 16 played with NFL Hall of Famer Wes Chandler at New Smyrna Beach High

# 72 Albert "Bubba" Burton at 6'6" played for the Dallas Cowboys

# 73 Willie "Foots" (size 16) Lee played for the Kansas City Chief and is the late father of QB Xavier Lee (FSU)

#25 Booker T "Dab" Williams is a longtime Miami area educator and author. 

#12 Bad Dude

Excuse my ignorance, but is he the original Booker T Williams the school is named after?