Is Clearwater Academy International any good??? I’ve never heard of them before!

14 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Jax TCA plays Clearwater Academy International week 4 of the regular season. 
Do anybody know anything about this school? And will it be a tough game for  Jax TCA ?

Yes it will be very hard,  they had the Canadian best running back last year commit to Stanford.  They get most kids from Canada,  they are on YouTube.  They almost beat chaminade Madonna last year.  Madison county beat them in 2019, they also had penn state,  clemson commits. Trinty might lose. 

33 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Jax TCA plays Clearwater Academy International week 4 of the regular season. 
Do anybody know anything about this school? And will it be a tough game for  Jax TCA ?

They beat Vero last year, and Delray Atlantic the year before. As Jesse said their players come mostly from Canada but they have guys from American Samoa, the UK, and from the USA too. Talking to some of their fans last year, they struggled early last season as many of their players could not get into the US due to the foreign travel restrictions because of the pandemic. 

Think of it as a mini IMG, the school is associated with the Church of Scientology, and seem to be well funded as a result.  I don’t know if they have the horses to hang with TCA, but they are no cupcake either. 

33 minutes ago, Drogo said:

They beat Vero last year, and Delray Atlantic the year before. As Jesse said their players come mostly from Canada but they have guys from American Samoa, the UK, and from the USA too. Talking to some of their fans last year, they struggled early last season as many of their players could not get into the US due to the foreign travel restrictions because of the pandemic. 

Think of it as a mini IMG, the school is associated with the Church of Scientology, and seem to be well funded as a result.  I don’t know if they have the horses to hang with TCA, but they are no cupcake either. 

Why can't madison be a mini img level team. Without recruiting 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Why can't madison be a mini img level team. Without recruiting 

Maybe because while Madison plays a great schedule compared to the 1a panhandle, they aren't playing anything close to what CAI plays

Heck they don't even play a schedule as good as TCA does 

12 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe because while Madison plays a great schedule compared to the 1a panhandle, they aren't playing anything close to what CAI plays

Heck they don't even play a schedule as good as TCA does 

You can interchange alot of schools in this. But Madison does always play a pretty solid schedule each year. Just haven't seen one where they are at risk of having a losing season if they have any missteps in a game.

16 hours ago, Drogo said:

Yup Drogo said all needs to be said. Not much depth but much foreign talent and they will get a few good ones from our area here and there and they are affiliated with Scientology (not calling them a church lol)

Good I’m glad there not a push over team !! That’s just going to make Jax TCA better.... trinity never over locks anybody they play but all I have to say is I hope them Canadian boys ready to play a pretty good all Florida team !!!!

and we have GIVEN IMG A run for there money everytime we played them ... and we are the only school in FL to beat IMG IN A regular Season game!!! Soo we are definitely not scared of a mini IMG LOL ... 

1 hour ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Good I’m glad there not a push over team !! That’s just going to make Jax TCA better.... trinity never over locks anybody they play but all I have to say is I hope them Canadian boys ready to play a pretty good all Florida team !!!!

and we have GIVEN IMG A run for there money everytime we played them ... and we are the only school in FL to beat IMG IN A regular Season game!!! Soo we are definitely not scared of a mini IMG LOL ... 

Yeah trinity did beat img.  Best team in north Florida. Madison 42 trinity christian 0 always remember.  Never forget 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Yeah trinity did beat img.  Best team in north Florida. Madison 42 trinity christian 0 always remember.  Never forget 

Actually it was 42-16 lol... I remember because that was my senior year !!

we was beating y’all 16-0 at half 

y’all came back and scored 42 unanswered and beat our ass!!! 

y’all was the reason we got Better and won state that year !! Y’all showed us that u have to play a full 4 quarters of football to win no matter wat!!! 

I hate losing but losing to y’all wasn’t a disgrace!!! Y’all were in a higher classification then us that year and y’all almost went to state I think one game away

38 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Actually it was 42-16 lol... I remember because that was my senior year !!

we was beating y’all 16-0 at half 

y’all came back and scored 42 unanswered and beat our ass!!! 

y’all was the reason we got Better and won state that year !! Y’all showed us that u have to play a full 4 quarters of football to win no matter wat!!! 

I hate losing but losing to y’all wasn’t a disgrace!!! Y’all were in a higher classification then us that year and y’all almost went to state I think one game away

So madison best in North Florida. 

5 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Naples beat them the same year TCA did 

38 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

2013 was IMG's first year of High School Football in Florida. TCA and Naples both defeated IMG by very close scores that season. IMG is lightyears better today than it was in 2013. Not saying that TCA would not at least still give IMG a game. 

Yeah because they got to show off their money and find a bunch of paid mercenaries to look good 

Same "team" just more talent

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah because they got to show off their money and find a bunch of paid mercenaries to look good 

Same "team" just more talent

Just remember, no team is forced to play them. Every season they seem to easily fill up their schedule and some of the teams on that schedule are Florida teams. So, really, what in the heck is your point Columbia? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

54 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Just remember, no team is forced to play them. Every season they seem to easily fill up their schedule and some of the teams on that schedule are Florida teams. So, really, what in the heck is your point Columbia? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

My point is very point blank and clear, I can't help when people don't want to see the reality of it but considering how this board has become lately I don't try to think too much into it 

People have their agendas and will believe what they want to believe, I don't care enough to change people's minds, if they want to realize that for better or worse I don't have to be dishonest and am telling it how it is then cool, if they don't then I really don't care 

People make IMG out like they some college team and think they have the best of the best but they don't

People just want to think that to justify why so few teams beat them, they are nothing but a bunch of paid mercenaries

If I right now built a team from the ground up and put as much effort into building a coaching staff I wouldn't need to have nothing but 5* and 4* to expose IMG on the field but people think because they rarely lose it's because they great at everything when all they really good at is grabbing a bunch of hyped to the moon players who maybe get up and motivated when facing big teams or when they about to lose after spending 75% of the game playing at lesser effort than clowney did his junior year at South Carolina

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

People make IMG out like they some college team and think they have the best of the best but they don't

What don't they have the best of? 

They've got some of the best players

They've had some of the best coaches

They've got the best facilities in the entire state

I'd argue their nutrition and athletic training teams are the best

44 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

What don't they have the best of? 

They've got some of the best players

Perhaps but that is only as good as the evaluation skills of other rating sites which is touch and go 

They've had some of the best coaches

I disagree, I would think a good coaching staff wouldn't lose with the talent they have, in fact the last few times they faced teams with comparable talent they lost to teams who clearly had better coaches (Mater Dei, SFA, etc)

They've got the best facilities in the entire state

if your talking like weight room and stuff sure, if your talking stadium nope

I'd argue their nutrition and athletic training teams are the best

Have you actually seen them play in person? Not on a stream but actually in person? When I saw them in person they looked gassed after a quarter and it wasn't something of lacking effort, it was clear they were gassed as they had their hands on their hips which could be noticed by others in the stands and if you don't believe me ask nolebull

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Really, I don't know what you're trying to prove. IMG is a sports training facility that advertises that they train in a variety of sports. Part of this training of course means that they have to test their skills against other players and other teams. What would you have them do play only scrimmages against themselves? IMG plays only some of the best teams in the country. They are not beating up on inferior teams like many of the other Florida powerhouse schools that pad their schedule and build their reputations playing mostly nobodies. IMO the teams they play against recruit big time so they are basically doing the same as IMG does except that IMG is honest about their intentions. Once again, IMG forces no team to play them and, although a member of FHSAA, they have agreed to not participate in any playoffs.  You have every right not to like them or their agenda. It's still a somewhat free country. But I, and others, have the right to like them and their agenda without having to apologize for it. B)

CAI relied heavily on Canadian and European players who are new to the game. They tend to have some big bodies commit. If you check their Twitter feed, you will see some big dudes on the roster. 

The coach is a great guy. He really has love and passion for what he does. They were an 8 man team just a few years ago. They beat the 2A state champ by 40 a few seasons ago, and beat the Tennessee state champ in 2019. They hung tough with Chaminade last year. I would say depth is their Achilles heel. 

They seem to be rolling the way the coach has envisioned them to. I would expect them to be a mainstay in the top 40 of the state. Last year was tough because of Covid and the restrictions from outside the states. I expect them to be competitive in all the games they play this year 

Perhaps but that is only as good as the evaluation skills of other rating sites which is touch and go 

I mean ... they have pretty good amount of Power 5 signees 

I disagree, I would think a good coaching staff wouldn't lose with the talent they have, in fact the last few times they faced teams with comparable talent they lost to teams who clearly had better coaches (Mater Dei, SFA, etc)

Well to be fair, someone had to lose. Just like the occasional loss Alabama suffers.