DILLARD 33 MONARCH 7

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 minute ago, badbird said:

I think I would have Dillard around #10-15.  However I'm not in the loop as much as I use to be.

If they lose to STA in a very close game and beat everyone else I could definitely see them ranked that high 

I'm just not convinced atm that game will be close, I hope it is because I like Dillard but I can't rank with personal feelings 

Hell @DarterBlue2 said I probably could have ranked Columbia in the final top 50 last year because of how they finished but I felt doing so would come off as homerism so I wouldn't do it 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Hmmmm, interesting name the other 40-35 teams that’s better then Dillard right now ?? 

or if you’re saying we’re at 30...name the other 29 teams that’s better. Especially knowing all what’s on our defense & offense & what we have coming in. 

keep in mind we’re fresh off our 2nd consecutive undefeated season, we have won 24 consecutive games! We have not lost a regular season game since 2018!! & we’re dam near in 2021. and we just won won the first ever tri county title, beating undefeated highly ranked glades central along the way. 

If u ask me since we live in a “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY SOCIETY” I think that is way better then a TOP 30 team right there @VeniceIndiansFootball what are your thoughts ?? 

I would have them at around 15-20. No disrespect to Dillard, I like them a lot and respect the massive competition that they have to play against. If you guys can beat everyone and then lose a very tight game to STA, I would give you guys top 10 for sure. But Deerfield has a really good defense and STA is a monster at home. I will be pulling and cheering for you guys as loud as I can from Venice Though!! 

49 minutes ago, badbird said:

I think I would have Dillard around #10-15.  However I'm not in the loop as much as I use to be.

Columbiafan also thinks they will lose to STA which means they won't be district champs and probably knocked out in the regional finals.  Which would put them 25-30 even though they might be better than that

Part of my rankings (especially preseason and final rankings) take into account where I project teams to finish or where they do finish while the in season rankings is mostly based around how they play during the season 

So a team that starts knocking off teams ahead of them climbs and teams falling to teams lower cause a free fall and teams who play and beat teams at same spot or below them only rise when teams above them lose 

It's a balance of where teams start and using in season results to try and adjust teams as the weeks go by and more information is available to rank as many teams as close to where I view them as possible

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Being near the 30 range is more than fair

Go beat DFB and STA and you can fly up the rankings but come on you all beat North Miami Beach for that tri county Championship

0-5 Columbia beat them too and most on this board Including the site owner @Joshua Wilsonis convinced columbia wasn't Good last year so it hurts Dillard that while they have gone undefeated in the regular season the resume of wins is mostly beating other teams of similar or lesser talent

And it wouldn't have been 24 straight because didn't you all lose to Miami Central in 2019 playoffs?

Yes you all did beat Columbus but if I remember correctly they had players resting that game or something but maybe @ExplorerHomer can fill in that gap and next best win in that stretch was probably Fort Myers

either way it's 1 win in that stretch against a team who would have a case for being one of those teams that would be ranked higher, every other win would be against teams who are lower 

in my rankings the teams move up for 2 reasons, one by default as teams above them drop or two by beating teams higher than them in the poll 

your path to higher in the poll is pretty simple; beat DFB, beat STA

I would say going 8-2 with losses to them and it would be 20-30 range depending upon how close those games are, any other stumbles and it's closer to the lower half of the top 50

Columbus had all of their players playing, and then of course you mention Deerfield how can Deerfield be ranked ahead of us when in 2019 they started 0-2 losing to a carol city city team who didn’t even finish .500 that year then they went on to lose by 21 to STA, then they went on to LOSE to MIAMI COLUMBUS in the playoffs the same year DILLARD beat Columbus & I was at the game to confirm BOTH teams were at full strength & correct me if I’m wrong didn’t Columbus win the title that year ?? 

go into 2020 Deerfield’s opponents COMBINED record for 20-20 Was 15-12 with 8 of those wins being by COLUMBUS Who Deerfield lost to. Take away Columbus, Deerfield s opponents combined record for 2020 is 7-12, since you want to discuss 2020 rankings. 

Dillards opponents OVERALL record for 2020 is 18-16. NOT to mention GLADES CENTRAL & NMB was Ranked higher & they were better then any team DEERFIELD faced before Columbus in the tri county title game which they LOST. 

so I’m just trying to make it make sense, you putting Deerfield over us is like putting a team that didn’t win a title over a team that DID. TRI COUNTY or NOT Dillard WON theirs, DEERFIELD didn’t & the team they lost to AGAIN, Dillard beat so again make it make sense @badbird @VeniceIndiansFootball that’s all I’m saying. 

6 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I would have them at around 15-20. No disrespect to Dillard, I like them a lot and respect the massive competition that they have to play against. If you guys can beat everyone and then lose a very tight game to STA, I would give you guys top 10 for sure. But Deerfield has a really good defense and STA is a monster at home. I will be pulling and cheering for you guys as loud as I can from Venice Though!! 

I agree with you, 15-20 is extremely accurate for Dillard right now, it’s the top 50 that’s getting me, and I asked @ColumbiaHighFan2017class to mention the other 49 teams who he just know with out a shadow of a doubt that’s better then Dillard, or if it’s top 30 name 29 teams that’s most def better then Dillard With what we’ve done, with what we’re bringing back, I just want him to name them. 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Your welcome To do your own poll come preseason, hell everyone on here is welcome to do so even though I'm sure most will just whine about my rankings instead of putting their own work out there like it's been probably since Broward stopped posting here 

I most likely will, & I always respect your rankings, but it’s nothing like respectful dialogue. So I would like to know @ColumbiaHighFan2017class can you PLEASE tell me the 49 other teams that are for sure better then Dillard, or the other 29 that’s all I want to know. 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Your welcome To do your own poll come preseason, hell everyone on here is welcome to do so even though I'm sure most will just whine about my rankings instead of putting their own work out there like it's been probably since Broward stopped posting here 

And 1 more thing I just came across you said out your OWN mouth that “THE CRIB” is FAIRLY ACCURATE with their south Florida rankings. 

well the CRIB has us ranked #6 in ALL of south Florida, OVER MIAMI NORTHWESTERN, COLUMBUS, WESTERN, CHAMPGNAT & ETC ....hmmmmmm & we ALL know SOUTH FL makes up 98% of the top 20 rankings ...

46 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And 1 more thing I just came across you said out your OWN mouth that “THE CRIB” is FAIRLY ACCURATE with their south Florida rankings. 

well the CRIB has us ranked #6 in ALL of south Florida, OVER MIAMI NORTHWESTERN, COLUMBUS, WESTERN, CHAMPGNAT & ETC ....hmmmmmm & we ALL know SOUTH FL makes up 98% of the top 20 rankings ...

Yeah but that doesn't mean I agree 100% with their rankings 

I think Miami Northwestern was way lower on their poll that I would, I would have Miami Northwestern top 5 in the entire state right now

51 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I most likely will, & I always respect your rankings, but it’s nothing like respectful dialogue. So I would like to know @ColumbiaHighFan2017class can you PLEASE tell me the 49 other teams that are for sure better then Dillard, or the other 29 that’s all I want to know. 

I'll decide that when I actually start ranking teams, I may have Dillard higher once the season gets closer as they could gain or lose players in the off-season as could teams above them 

But for me to rank Dillard higher than I see them currently I would need to see them not only being a team I feel confident will beat DFB but also play STA very close or potentially beat them 

The first one is possible, the second one I don't feel confident in atm and may not feel secure about until games start being played, I spoke to someone who watched the game against monarch and after discussion that's where top 30-50 range came but my source did say closer to 30 on it which is why I specified that 

So at this stage I'm sticking with close to 30 range so borderline top 25 in Florida

51 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

98% would be 19/20 teams so yeah no way in hell is anyone gonna be able to justify that one to me 

21 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

I’d rank Dillard, just off the top of my head, around 20 right now. A team good enough to win a state title but not accomplished enough to be favorites. I think they’ll benefit well in the transfer portal as well 

And the crazy thing is we are this is a completely Dillard then when I first came on the board.

when I look at Deerfield their not that much or if at all more accomplished then us they still don’t have a title. The only difference is their tough playoff games are not until they reach regionals or semi finals. 

where as our tough playoff matchups are usually right out the gate in the first or second round, when you look at football teams it’s a few categories to look at.

you have the BAD TEAMS, AVERAGE TEAMS, GOOD TEAMS & NATIONALLY ELITE. 

playing against the Miami central’s & possible northwesterns & the carol city all those years those teams was NATIONALLY ELITE! & to beat those kind of teams you have to have that type of team which we didn’t, know if we were put against just a GOOD TEAM, then I honestly believe our playoff fates would have been a lot different. 

for Deerfield they don’t face national elite teams in the playoffs but when they do face a VERY good team “MIAMI COLUMBUS” they lose. Which is why they STILL DONT have a title.

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And the crazy thing is we are this is a completely Dillard then when I first came on the board.

when I look at Deerfield their not that much or if at all more accomplished then us they still don’t have a title. The only difference is their tough playoff games are not until they reach regionals or semi finals. 

where as our tough playoff matchups are usually right out the gate in the first or second round, when you look at football teams it’s a few categories to look at.

you have the BAD TEAMS, AVERAGE TEAMS, GOOD TEAMS & NATIONALLY ELITE. 

playing against the Miami central’s & possible northwesterns & the carol city all those years those teams was NATIONALLY ELITE! & to beat those kind of teams you have to have that type of team which we didn’t, know if we were put against just a GOOD TEAM, then I honestly believe our playoff fates would have been a lot different. 

for Deerfield they don’t face national elite teams in the playoffs but when they do face a VERY good team “MIAMI COLUMBUS” they lose. Which is why they STILL DONT have a title.

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class the numbers and facts don’t lie. Am I saying we’re better than STA? No but we are ready to line up against them, but to say you’re not SOLD on Dillard yet is beyond me, but yet Deerfield STILL have no state title they can’t get past COLUMBUS & they have more 1st round and 2nd round home playoff exits as the FAVORITE more then any team in south Florida.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If they lose to STA in a very close game and beat everyone else I could definitely see them ranked that high 

I'm just not convinced atm that game will be close, I hope it is because I like Dillard but I can't rank with personal feelings 

Hell @DarterBlue2 said I probably could have ranked Columbia in the final top 50 last year because of how they finished but I felt doing so would come off as homerism so I wouldn't do it 

and you also quit doing rankings after they started 0-3  :D

On 5/27/2021 at 9:40 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yes you all did beat Columbus but if I remember correctly they had players resting that game or something but maybe @ExplorerHomer can fill in that gap and next best win in that stretch was probably Fort Myers

Don't want to take rain on a legit Dillard win, but in full disclosure, Coach Dunn benched our starting QB and another player for a half due to missing practice. We missed an extra point in the last 20 seconds of the game - the difference in the game. But Dillard came to win.  Dillard had an awesome run.

That said we have a kickoff right now with NMB, so let's see if we reloaded what we lost this year.

On 5/27/2021 at 5:41 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I believe everyone on this board knows that the 98% is a ridiculous statemen and you're making it in jest. Living in Central Florida, I don't get to see South Florida football unless it's on TV, and the last game that I saw with a SF team on ESPN two seasons ago, MC was getting bitch slapped by a team from Maryland; they weren't impressive.  

1 minute ago, HornetFan said:

I believe everyone on this board knows that the 98% is a ridiculous statemen and you're making it in jest. Living in Central Florida, I don't get to see South Florida football unless it's on TV, and the last game that I saw with a SF team on ESPN two seasons ago, MC was getting bitch slapped by a team from Maryland; they weren't impressive.  

You’re absolutely right, but my opinion wasn’t that south Florida makes up 98% of the BEST teams in the nation I said they make up 95 to 98% of the TOP 20 in Florida 

12 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You’re absolutely right, but my opinion wasn’t that south Florida makes up 98% of the BEST teams in the nation I said they make up 95 to 98% of the TOP 20 in Florida 

3 hours ago, badbird said:

That would be 95%.  I think Dillard and Columbiafan need to go back to Pre-Algebra

Either way it's a ridiculous statement and @badbirdif You read all my responds you would know I said afterwards 98% wouldn't be possible out of 20 teams 

23 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well technically 95% but it still same number of teams whether it's 95% or 98% of a top 20

And that would mean 19 out of the top 20 teams ranked in the state would be from one of three counties and while SFL has depth, that isn't even close to accurate and even in your own rankings you didn't follow that 98 or 95 percent claim so even you don't even believe that comment

56 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Central Florida is very good. You got Apopka who used to beat MNW a few years back. Dr. Phillips, Sanford Seminole, Cocoa, Edgewater, Orlando Jones, Mainland. West Orange. I know there's a few more, but you can add Armwood, Manatee, and Lakeland, and there's 11 teams for you right there.