22: 3A Miami Edison 4-2

23: 7A Venice 

24: 6A Lake Gibson 11-2

25:  7A Tampa Bay Tech 8-4

Teams outside your top 25 you missed

Seminole 37

Trinity Christian 49

Jesuit, Lake Minneola, Bolles Not Ranked

Considering last year was a covid year when I really didn't even care that much about football season I think I did damn good with that poll and it's probably on par with any other poll out there for accuracy

How did other top 25s do?

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Considering last year was a covid year when I really didn't even care that much about football season I think I did damn good with that poll and it's probably on par with any other poll out there for accuracy

How did other top 25s do?

I could care less and have no idea who did a top 25.  I just wanted to bring yours back up.  As good as yours was you still missed 2 state champs.  Polls suck and so do you.  Have a good day.  :D

10 hours ago, badbird said:

Not a bad top 25.  However you did have Auburndale like 26 or 27 lol.  But you called Lakeland not being as good and had them around 35.  They could have been 60.  Good call on Lakeland.

But he also has Dillard ranked nowhere on the list but their highly ranked in other polls. 

he got Deerfield ranked 10th and they couldn’t even win their tri county title, but Dillard did and face far tougher competition in the tri county playoffs. 

he got Columbus ranked even higher for going undefeated and winning the tri county playoffs, but Dillard went undefeated as well and defeated Columbus hmmmm.

21 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But he also has Dillard ranked nowhere on the list but their highly ranked in other polls. 

he got Deerfield ranked 10th and they couldn’t even win their tri county title, but Dillard did and face far tougher competition in the tri county playoffs. 

he got Columbus ranked even higher for going undefeated and winning the tri county playoffs, but Dillard went undefeated as well and defeated Columbus hmmmm.

When did Dillard beat Columbus in 2020?

22 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Also I ranked to 50 so I think Dillard was ranked but badbird only included the top 25

27 minutes ago, badbird said:

I could care less and have no idea who did a top 25.  I just wanted to bring yours back up.  As good as yours was you still missed 2 state champs.  Polls suck and so do you.  Have a good day.  :D

Even with baker winning 1a I'm still not convinced they are top 50 in the state 

And who was other one? Champagant in 2a?

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The best team baker has beat over 8 years is hawthorne.  Them A$$ holes play the same teams every year like a dam video game simulator.  I'll give them top 100 even though they play in the weakest region in Florida.  Madco put 48 on them running clock. Plenty of 1A teams ran score up on them.  Soft A$$ baby wipes program in Florida.  Cry baby coach,  salty fans,  and im only saying this because I hate teams that talk crap. And think they big and bad. But play teams with small roster and terrible football players.  It's a shame that a top team in a classification plays so low in competition.  Just for a win 

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wasn't talking about Baker.

Seminole and Trinity Christian didn't make your top 25. 

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

The best team baker has beat over 8 years is hawthorne.  Them A$$ holes play the same teams every year like a dam video game simulator.  I'll give them top 100 even though they play in the weakest region in Florida.  Madco put 48 on them running clock. Plenty of 1A teams ran score up on them.  Soft A$$ baby wipes program in Florida.  Cry baby coach,  salty fans,  and im only saying this because I hate teams that talk crap. And think they big and bad. But play teams with small roster and terrible football players.  It's a shame that a top team in a classification plays so low in competition.  Just for a win 

It's also a shame a top team has to hide athletes in a charter school so they can play down and beat up on the little guys.

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

This was his preseason list last year.  Reading comprehension This_is_Dillard.  :D  Dillard was ranked in his top 50.  I don't remember where.  

Perfect example why polls suck.  People just get mad and argue about them.  Do they really matter?

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

Another reason polls suck.  Douchebag Jesse wants to attack a team because they were mentioned.  Go back to Blountstown, Madison County deserves better than to have you as a fan.

Guys, I'm not an administrator, but it sure seems it's getting a little personal in here.  Let's all chill a little. 

Here's my take on polls, for whatever it is worth:

The pollster needs to be upfront and honest about what he or she is ranking.   Are they ranking how good the teams are at the time the poll comes our or where the pollster expects them to be at the end of the season? 

For me, it's way, way, way too early to rank teams now.  But that's just my personal opinion.  Spring season just ended and the summer transfer season has barely started.  Especially at the high school level, the movement of 2 or 3 top-notch players can easily turn a team from a district runner-up into a deep playoff run team.  Or vice versa. 

Truth be told, polls (high school or college) really shouldn't come out until we're about 4 weeks into the season.   Too often, teams are ranked based on reputation.  Sometimes they live up to the hype; sometimes they don't.   But let the teams get a few games under their belt before ranking them.  

From my standpoint, the only value that pre-season polls have is to bring attention to the sport, the teams and the media outlet/person who has done the poll.   Hey, look at us . . . debating on whether certain teams should or should not be ranked.   Not necessarily a bad thing; is what it is. 

As for this thread, when I saw Columbia's poll from last year, I think he did a pretty good job.  Now, taking nothing away from him, if I did a poll right now and simply listed the teams that won state titles this past year (or, because of Covid), the year before, and put all those teams in my Top 25, my poll probably wouldn't look all that bad at the end of year.  Occasionally, a perennial power will have an off year (see Armwood) or a top-10 team for the last decade will lose their coach and several starters and go from the penthouse to the outhouse (see Plant), but for the most part (and especially now with school choice), the good teams likely will stay good and the bad teams will continue to struggle. 

And the same teams will end up in most polls year in and year out.  

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Guys, I'm not an administrator, but it sure seems it's getting a little personal in here.  Let's all chill a little.   

In a couple of decades worth of observing both the Florida Varsity board and this one, it's always amazed and amused me how small the list of regulars engaging is, and yet how abrasive the people ostensibly interested in growing the board are. Seemed like 80% of Mr High School comments were argumentative, personal attacks or responding to personal attacks. We see much of the same with the regulars here. In fact, I expect to get some insults for this very comment :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, skyway said:

In a couple of decades worth of observing both the Florida Varsity board and this one, it's always amazed and amused me how small the list of regulars engaging is, and yet how abrasive the people ostensibly interested in growing the board are. Seemed like 80% of Mr High School comments were argumentative, personal attacks or responding to personal attacks. We see much of the same with the regulars here. In fact, I expect to get some insults for this very comment :rolleyes:

We live in unusual times, where tempers are frayed and a sense of community is not prized. One day, this will pass. But for now, what you observe will continue to be the normal. 

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

The pollster needs to be upfront and honest about what he or she is ranking.   Are they ranking how good the teams are at the time the poll comes our or where the pollster expects them to be at the end of the season? 

For me, it's way, way, way too early to rank teams now.  But that's just my personal opinion.  Spring season just ended and the summer transfer season has barely started.  Especially at the high school level, the movement of 2 or 3 top-notch players can easily turn a team from a district runner-up into a deep playoff run team.  Or vice versa. 

Truth be told, polls (high school or college) really shouldn't come out until we're about 4 weeks into the season.   Too often, teams are ranked based on reputation.  Sometimes they live up to the hype; sometimes they don't.   But let the teams get a few games under their belt before ranking them.  

From my standpoint, the only value that pre-season polls have is to bring attention to the sport, the teams and the media outlet/person who has done the poll.   Hey, look at us . . . debating on whether certain teams should or should not be ranked.   Not necessarily a bad thing; is what it is. 

As for this thread, when I saw Columbia's poll from last year, I think he did a pretty good job.  Now, taking nothing away from him, if I did a poll right now and simply listed the teams that won state titles this past year (or, because of Covid), the year before, and put all those teams in my Top 25, my poll probably wouldn't look all that bad at the end of year.  Occasionally, a perennial power will have an offer year (see Armwood) or a top-10 team for the last decade will lose their coach and several starters and go from the penthouse to the outhouse (see Plant), but for the most part (and especially now with school choice), the good teams likely will stay good and the bad teams will continue to struggle. 

I rank by projection in the preseason then I use the weekly results to shift teams as the season progresses

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

As for this thread, when I saw Columbia's poll from last year, I think he did a pretty good job.  Now, taking nothing away from him, if I did a poll right now and simply listed the teams that won state titles this past year (or, because of Covid), the year before, and put all those teams in my Top 25, my poll probably wouldn't look all that bad at the end of year.  Occasionally, a perennial power will have an off year (see Armwood) or a top-10 team for the last decade will lose their coach and several starters and go from the penthouse to the outhouse (see Plant), but for the most part (and especially now with school choice), the good teams likely will stay good and the bad teams will continue to struggle. 

Columbiafan and I are cool.

Dillard comment was a joke, I put a smiley face I hope he doesn't take it personal.  No disrespect intended.

Jesse is another story.  

2 hours ago, skyway said:

Actual picture of Columbiafan

image.jpeg.76fb268fa15d68b8d6e256c33aca2c41.jpeg

15 minutes ago, badbird said:

So if I do a top 500 and I have Seminole 500 does that mean I didn't miss on them?  

Well if Seminole had done more in past seasons for me to trust them I would have ranked them higher 

They burned me as many times as DFB has and if DFB didn't get so many transfers I wouldn't have anything to do with them in the poll because they always disappoint me