Madco schedule 2021

Jesse

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No he's saying we should be ashamed to play Madison because they a small school and even more embarrassed to ever lose to them 

We play who will actually play, we can't control the fact that teams who want to pretend they are a elite program like Suwannee or Buchholz are too spineless To play us 

At least I can say I respect teams like Madison and TCA because they will play us, I can't say the same for the other two who are of similar size but refuse to play

Heck Buchholz has more kids than we do and still won't play! 

Losing to madison county ain't embarrassing. Size of school doesn't matter.  

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

Losing to madison county ain't embarrassing. Size of school doesn't matter.  

Of course size of school matters! The amount of kids you have determines what classification you have to play in. It also gives coaches more potential players who are willing to enroll in a program to succeed in their football abilities.

Like @ColumbiaHighFan2017class said, Columbia has been losing kids to  schools like Buchholz and Suwannee for years now. They still field a competitive football team because they play in 7A and have more kids enrolled to fill in the gaps left behind. The same cannot be said for schools like Hawthorne or Pahokee, smaller schools with less enrollment to fill the gaps when kids transfer away.

Venice has been taking kids from North Port, Lemon Bay, and Sarasota for decades now. I’m open enough to admit that, and none of these schools are competitive. Although they play in 7A, they do not have the proper coaching or funds to field competent football teams. The result is that kids want to transfer to Venice to have more success. The outlier here is Madison County. They are not completely honest about their enrollment numbers, and the result has been complete dominance over 1A. That’s not fair to other teams whatsoever, and it needs to be stopped. Madison County belongs in 4A, not cruising to blowout victories over smaller teams who possibly lose players of their own to schools like Madison. That’s why school size matters.

52 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Of course size of school matters! The amount of kids you have determines what classification you have to play in. It also gives coaches more potential players who are willing to enroll in a program to succeed in their football abilities.

Like @ColumbiaHighFan2017class said, Columbia has been losing kids to  schools like Buchholz and Suwannee for years now. They still field a competitive football team because they play in 7A and have more kids enrolled to fill in the gaps left behind. The same cannot be said for schools like Hawthorne or Pahokee, smaller schools with less enrollment to fill the gaps when kids transfer away.

Venice has been taking kids from North Port, Lemon Bay, and Sarasota for decades now. I’m open enough to admit that, and none of these schools are competitive. Although they play in 7A, they do not have the proper coaching or funds to field competent football teams. The result is that kids want to transfer to Venice to have more success. The outlier here is Madison County. They are not completely honest about their enrollment numbers, and the result has been complete dominance over 1A. That’s not fair to other teams whatsoever, and it needs to be stopped. Madison County belongs in 4A, not cruising to blowout victories over smaller teams who possibly lose players of their own to schools like Madison. That’s why school size matters.

Not everyone loses players in 1A or any class.  Yes they charter school is there, but literally no one plays football.  Also 3A is not much bigger filled with private schools.  Bradford was 4a the just got moved to 1A expect them to complete for the title. madison has dudes running 4.3 and 4.4s for days. 

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Not everyone loses players in 1A or any class.  Yes they charter school is there, but literally no one plays football.  Also 3A is not much bigger filled with private schools.  Bradford was 4a the just got moved to 1A expect them to complete for the title. madison has dudes running 4.3 and 4.4s for days. 

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Buchholz when they dropped us were less than 3 years removed from a win over Columbia yet somehow they suddenly don't want to play anymore? 

Suwannee at least could use the excuse of being winless against Columbia for 11 straight years before bailing 

I really wish Fleming didn't go to lowndes.  Or madco easy would drop 50 on Columbia.  Dude gonna be starting along with the best quarterback in the 2022 class. Remember Fleming sophomore runs 4.31 40. He a create a player on ncaa. Stats maxed out. All of Florida Lucky.  

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well slight correction, we haven't been losing players to those teams for years, there were teams trying to take our players last year when our season was delayed and even included coaches texting our players and telling them "were already playing and you all aren't, you should come over here" 

Suwannee is the closest school with the earlier start time as fort White moved their season back with us so even though the paper never specifically stated which schools I'm certain Suwannee was one of them which I found hilarious because they too scared to play us but wanted to try and take our players 

Madison would likely be in 3a if they included the charter school numbers, school size matters some but another outlier is TCA, they have less kids than Madison County does but are argubly a top 10 team in the state going into the season as defending state champions 

I wonder if @Proseteyethinks we should be embarrassed to schedule a top 10 team in the state like TCA? Would he say the same thing if we scheduled Trinity Catholic? 

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I really wish Fleming didn't go to lowndes.  Or madco easy would drop 50 on Columbia.  Dude gonna be starting along with the best quarterback in the 2022 class. Remember Fleming sophomore runs 4.31 40. He a create a player on ncaa. Stats maxed out. All of Florida Lucky.  

Only teams who drop that many points on Columbia are ones who are great at passing and throwing

I saw your QB last year and there's no way you all even hit 40 just running the ball, last team to put up 50 on Columbia was Ed White in 2014 and which camp did he run 4.31 at?

Palm Beach County teams play Pahokee, even some in 8a play them 

Should those schools be EMBARRASSED to schedule a team like Pahokee who similarly to Madison is one of the most successful small schools in the state?

Champagant Catholic in 2a plays larger classification teams despite having less kids than Madison, Chaminade Madonna has similar numbers to Madison and regularly play bigger schools, heck they even played Miami Central recently 

Should Miami Central be embarrassed to schedule Chaminade?

why is it only considered embarrassing for Columbia to Schedule Madison County but it's no big deal when other teams of much higher depth and talent to do the same thing?

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Only teams who drop that many points on Columbia are ones who are great at passing and throwing

I saw your QB last year and there's no way you all even hit 40 just running the ball, last team to put up 50 on Columbia was Ed White in 2014 and which camp did he run 4.31 at?

Fsu camp last week.  Derrick had 28 points running on yall in 2017 42-28 .

49 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It’s clear that you didn’t read a word of what I posted, so I can’t really take this conversation much further. Any school that has a culture of losing is going to lose players to a more competitive team with more cohesive coaching. That’s just how it is. It isn’t a coincidence that these are larger schools having more success. Venice has been doing it to North Port for years, alongside many other schools in Sarasota County. St. Thomas Aquinas has been taking kids from Fort Lauderdale High School since their inception, and just look at the difference in magnitude of programs. IMG has been doing it to Manatee, Braden River, and Bayshore for 8 years. The same really goes for any larger schools within driving range of smaller programs who are struggling. If you wanted to get exposure for college recruiters, would you want to play for Venice, or a smaller program who struggles to get first downs every week?

13 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

It’s clear that you didn’t read a word of what I posted, so I can’t really take this conversation much further. Any school that has a culture of losing is going to lose players to a more competitive team with more cohesive coaching. That’s just how it is. It isn’t a coincidence that these are larger schools having more success. Venice has been doing it to North Port for years, alongside many other schools in Sarasota County. St. Thomas Aquinas has been taking kids from Fort Lauderdale High School since their inception, and just look at the difference in magnitude of programs. IMG has been doing it to Manatee, Braden River, and Bayshore for 8 years. The same really goes for any larger schools within driving range of smaller programs who are struggling. If you wanted to get exposure for college recruiters, would you want to play for Venice, or a smaller program who struggles to get first downs every week?

Venice ain't everything 

36 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Palm Beach County teams play Pahokee, even some in 8a play them 

Should those schools be EMBARRASSED to schedule a team like Pahokee who similarly to Madison is one of the most successful small schools in the state?

Champagant Catholic in 2a plays larger classification teams despite having less kids than Madison, Chaminade Madonna has similar numbers to Madison and regularly play bigger schools, heck they even played Miami Central recently 

Should Miami Central be embarrassed to schedule Chaminade?

why is it only considered embarrassing for Columbia to Schedule Madison County but it's no big deal when other teams of much higher depth and talent to do the same thing?

So, tell me, what is the reasoning for classifications if a team in Class 6A or 7A cannot defeat a team in 1A? How is it possible that a school with 2000 or more students cannot stay on the field against a school that has 500 students or less.? Might as well have no classes and anyone plays anyone else. Some 6A and 7A teams have nearly 100 players while many 1A teams have 30 players or less. Also, the resources that a 6A or 7A team has over a 1A team is considerable. And, yes, I would say that any 6A or 7A team that cannot compete with a 1A team should be embarrassed or at least review their program to see how this is possible.  TCA, Trinity Catholic, and Chaminade are considered good teams in Class 3A (TCA now in 2A). But if teams like Columbia, Buchholz, Vanguard, etc can't compete with and defeat them then the onus is on the higher classification teams IMO. 

46 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

And yet STA doesn't get as many transfers as a school like DFB, Miami Northwestern or Miami Central get in an off-season

13 hours ago, Proseteye said:

So, tell me, what is the reasoning for classifications if a team in Class 6A or 7A cannot defeat a team in 1A? How is it possible that a school with 2000 or more students cannot stay on the field against a school that has 500 students or less.? Might as well have no classes and anyone plays anyone else. Some 6A and 7A teams have nearly 100 players while many 1A teams have 30 players or less. Also, the resources that a 6A or 7A team has over a 1A team is considerable. And, yes, I would say that any 6A or 7A team that cannot compete with a 1A team should be embarrassed or at least review their program to see how this is possible.  TCA, Trinity Catholic, and Chaminade are considered good teams in Class 3A (TCA now in 2A). But if teams like Columbia, Buchholz, Vanguard, etc can't compete with and defeat them then the onus is on the higher classification teams IMO. 

Because if a team is good they are good

You are the same person who says constantly that Madison County would compete in 3a and 4a so let's compare that 

Chaminade Madonna as a 3a team defeated Miami Central very recently, should a team that has won titles on pace with St Thomas Aquinas (argubly the best program in Florida) have to reevaluate what they are doing for losing a single game?

Columbia has split with TCA the last two years, Lee (now Riverside high school) is 0-2 against TCA in that same stretch, so should they have to reevaluate how they losing to TCA?

I've argued before that I feel the current classification system is broken and I stand by that, student population isn't the only factor that should be considered as there are many students in a school who won't play sports and just having more students doesn't always mean more talent pool 

Some schools take their athletics more seriously than others and that's why a school like ferguson with over 4k kids isn't competitive in any sport despite being one of the largest schools in Florida and in one of the most talented counties in the country for talent 

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

True, but STA is probably more well coached than those teams. 

Yup 

In fact if I digged deeper I could argue that of the privates in Broward that are dominating as of late, only Chaminade seem to get huge transfer numbers 

STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons doesn't get as many as people from the outside would think and argubly those 3 have some of the strongest coaching staffs in Broward County and SFL in general 

STA could get no transfers and still be a top 5 team in FL because of the system and staff in place

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because if a team is good they are good

You are the same person who says constantly that Madison County would compete in 3a and 4a so let's compare that 

Chaminade Madonna as a 3a team defeated Miami Central very recently, should a team that has won titles on pace with St Thomas Aquinas (argubly the best program in Florida) have to reevaluate what they are doing for losing a single game?

Columbia has split with TCA the last two years, Lee (now Riverside high school) is 0-2 against TCA in that same stretch, so should they have to reevaluate how they losing to TCA?

I've argued before that I feel the current classification system is broken and I stand by that, student population isn't the only factor that should be considered as there are many students in a school who won't play sports and just having more students doesn't always mean more talent pool 

Some schools take their athletics more seriously than others and that's why a school like ferguson with over 4k kids isn't competitive in any sport despite being one of the largest schools in Florida and in one of the most talented counties in the country for talent 

Well then, I guess there really is no reason for classifications is there? Let teams play whoever and whomever they want. The two teams with the best records and stats play for the state championship. Or, the team with the best record and stats is declared the state champion.  

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Well then, I guess there really is no reason for classifications is there? Let teams play whoever and whomever they want. The two teams with the best records and stats play for the state championship. Or, the team with the best record and stats is declared the state champion.  

Classification is just an easy way for the FHSAA to have teams broken up for playoff purposes and limit the bias that used to come with AP polls determining state champions 

Classifications can stay, but they need a new way to form them because student population is not an accurate system as the new open enrollment has become apparent in metro counties 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Classification is just an easy way for the FHSAA to have teams broken up for playoff purposes and limit the bias that used to come with AP polls determining state champions 

Classifications can stay, but they need a new way to form them because student population is not an accurate system as the new open enrollment has become apparent in metro counties 

Trinity Catholic ain't winning nothing even if they played in 1A football. 

7 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

And Cocoa in 6a

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Trinity Catholic ain't winning nothing even if they played in 1A football. 

Charming. I can tell that you're a well educated person by your grammar and lack of sentence structure. Whatever school you are or have attended has not provided you with much of an education. In the past I have defended some of your preposterous remarks and dissing of other folk's teams. No more. If I were a player for Madison County I would certainly separate myself from a buffoon like you.  Have a nice day. :rolleyes: 

18 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Charming. I can tell that you're a well educated person by your grammar and lack of sentence structure. Whatever school you are or have attended has not provided you with much of an education. In the past I have defended some of your preposterous remarks and dissing of other folk's teams. No more. If I were a player for Madison County I would certainly separate myself from a buffoon like you.  Have a nice day. :rolleyes: 

Yall lost to Pensacola catholic