WHAT THE HECK iS REALLY GOING ON WITH BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS??!?

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Idk where to start

First of all that Columbia team that beat TCA also beat Madison and besides that the TCA game was the only one we had a full injury free roster, if they didn't fall apart with injuries it's probably a third or fourth round columbia team who was additionally fired up because TCA taunted Columbia before the game with their banner and made Columbia want to blow them out 

Secondly yes you all beat valdosta but that program has been in a steady decline over the past 2 decades so unless this win came in the 90s it's not as big a deal as you trying to make it 

And additionally you say that columbia blowout almost as if a team should be embarrassed losing to Columbia, I know some clueless people like to claim Columbia is a nothing program but most those people have never watched columbia play a game in their life 

And Crestview in 2019 was a 5-6 team who was bounced in first round of playoffs, wasn't even close to same team they were in previous years 

Also the team Lincoln beat was the Bradenton Palmetto, not the Miami one 

The Palmetto almost beat miami central,  Lincoln almost beat Edgewater it went to overtime. Columbia is good, 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Central and Northwestern thrive off of mostly talent. They aren’t nearly as well coached as an STA or AHP. Against equal athletes, they would be pressed to win a game. With that being said, I don’t need believe for a second that more talent originates from Broward than Miami. Players want to go to STA or AHP because they have incredible coaching and a winning mentality that is contagious. Teams in Miami have “heart” that is intangible and can’t really be described in interviews or in television. It’s  just something you feel, like momentum. Unfortunately, it seems that many public schools in Miami are impoverished, and thus don’t have the money to throw toward their programs that many neighboring privates do. They play with more heart than anything else, I can tell you that. But their lack of adequate funding and middle-of-the-line coaching is what prevents them from being year-in, year out contenders for the national championship.  

Madco probably wont ever beat the kings of Florida,  but I wish they would have play them once. 

12 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And yet Lee got more than that in one day and people in Jacksonville say they homegrown talent lol 

The media in Jacksonville is loaded in hypocrisy 

I agree that public schools in Jax recruit and get many transfers as well. But don't act like Trinity doesn't get any. Trinity got really good with the all star 7v7 started up and they were the first ones in Jax to start a team. 

23 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

I agree that public schools in Jax recruit and get many transfers as well. But don't act like Trinity doesn't get any. Trinity got really good with the all star 7v7 started up and they were the first ones in Jax to start a team. 

Never said TCA don’t get any

I said nhe don’t get a lot Especially compared to other private school 

and like I said earlier most kids come to trinity in middle school, it’s not like they got a bunch of seniors transferring to there school all the time 

3 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Never said TCA don’t get any

I said nhe don’t get a lot Especially compared to other private school 

and like I said earlier most kids come to trinity in middle school, it’s not like they got a bunch of seniors transferring to there school all the time 

Compared to what other private schools? Comparing to ones in Jax they do. 

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We played @ img the year they first fielded a team Dillard was extremely down that year & we were beat bad, it was a long ride back home on that fan bus. We saw a team full of white boys from Tampa & underestimated them I would love to play them again tho. 

That was 8 years ago. Dillard is a much different team now

1 hour ago, smashmouth80 said:

Compared to what other private schools? Comparing to ones in Jax they do. 

Bolles gets some 

Idk about UC currently but I've heard about them in the past trying to lure players there 

Of course Jacksonville publics have no reason to complain about TCA or Bolles when the top ones are doing much worse and the moment someone blows a whistle the foundation gonna come crashing down 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bolles gets some 

Idk about UC currently but I've heard about them in the past trying to lure players there 

Of course Jacksonville publics have no reason to complain about TCA or Bolles when the top ones are doing much worse and the moment someone blows a whistle the foundation gonna come crashing down 

Look I agree that public schools are getting kids. But I don't agree with the much worse. Trinity, Bolles, UC they all get kids from surrounding areas of Jax. 

42 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

Look I agree that public schools are getting kids. But I don't agree with the much worse. Trinity, Bolles, UC they all get kids from surrounding areas of Jax. 

I've spoken to parents of kids over in Duval who mentioned that coaches from all the top publics in Duval are texting players to try and "poach" them from other schools 

That is a serious recruiting violation and the type of one that would lead to serious FHSAA sanctions if reported

The reason the schools can get away with it is neither the parents or the media will actually report on the teams doing it, which is understandable

However for the media to take the other complete extreme of acting like these publics are all homegrown is laughable but I guess they have to make up some excuse for why the publics in Duval can't win state titles after they spend all year hyping up teams like Lee and Sandalwood

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I've spoken to parents of kids over in Duval who mentioned that coaches from all the top publics in Duval have coaches texting players to try and "poach" them from other schools 

That is a serious recruiting violation and the type of one that would lead to serious FHSAA sanctions if reported

The reason the schools can get away with it is neither the parents or the media will actually report on the teams doing it, which is understandable

However for the media to take the other complete extreme of acting like these publics are all homegrown is laughable but I guess they have to make up some excuse for why the publics in Duval can't win state titles after they spend all year hyping up teams like Lee and Sandalwood

I've heard the same stories about the privates. Now the validity of them is up in the air, probably on both ends. In Duval a lot has to do with the coaching. In my opinion it has not been on par with the rest of the state. Trinity and Bolles have good staffs. So tons of kids will want to go there. 

I’m comparing TCA to all the other private schools in the state that are good 

y’all can call it wat y’all want but trinity is a Jacksonville school with all Jacksonville kids on there roster that start there from 7th grade 

trinity roster is all about 35-40 kids and they will play anybody with rosters double their size 

kids are kids and if I coach them right and train the heck out of them U can win !!! 
but we l done talking about this because y’all really put a false narrative on trinity and don’t even be knowing what’s really going on out there

7 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

I’m comparing TCA to all the other private schools in the state that are good 

y’all can call it wat y’all want but trinity is a Jacksonville school with all Jacksonville kids on there roster that start there from 7th grade 

trinity roster is all about 35-40 kids and they will play anybody with rosters double their size 

kids are kids and if I coach them right and train the heck out of them U can win !!! 
but we l done talking about this because y’all really put a false narrative on trinity and don’t even be knowing what’s really going on out there

For any of the private schools around the state that are good in a big metro area they get their kids from that area. All of Trinity's kids did not start there from the 7th grade. The two kids who signed with Florida last year transferred in. Trinity Trinity does a good job and I agree they are not afraid to play anyone. They also learned how to work the homeschool system in their favor. 

2 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

For any of the private schools around the state that are good in a big metro area they get their kids from that area. All of Trinity's kids did not start there from the 7th grade. The two kids who signed with Florida last year transferred in. Trinity Trinity does a good job and I agree they are not afraid to play anyone. They also learned how to work the homeschool system in their favor. 

I will give u that ... they definitely learned how to work home schooling n there favor because I was home schooled when I went there  I was supposed to go to orange park 

the lineman that went to Florida transferred in 

but I thought the WR came his freshmen year 

3 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

I will give u that ... they definitely learned how to work home schooling n there favor because I was home schooled when I went there  I was supposed to go to orange park 

the lineman that went to Florida transferred in 

but I thought the WR came his freshmen year 

No he came from Oakleaf, the OL from Yulee. Rumor has it they are getting the kid from Fernandina as well. 

17 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

No he came from Oakleaf, the OL from Yulee. Rumor has it they are getting the kid from Fernandina as well. 

Yulee has gotten like 3 or 4 Fernandina kids this off-season and also lost a kid to Hilliard

I've only seen two transfers so far this off-season that went to TCA, one of whom was a QB who started at TCA before going to Creekside past two years 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yulee has gotten like 3 or 4 Fernandina kids this off-season and also lost a kid to Hilliard

I've only seen two transfers so far this off-season that went to TCA, one of whom was a QB who started at TCA before going to Creekside past two years 

Make that 6 kids from Fernandina to Yulee and Fernandina's best kid is going to Trinity. Trinity also got a kid from Baldwin. 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I've spoken to parents of kids over in Duval who mentioned that coaches from all the top publics in Duval are texting players to try and "poach" them from other schools 

Look at teams like MC MNW DEERFIELD etc teams that’s full of recruits, I wonder what would their record look like without them.

11 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

Make that 6 kids from Fernandina to Yulee and Fernandina's best kid is going to Trinity. Trinity also got a kid from Baldwin. 

How many have gone to Riverside? I remember talking about 5 of them in a thread a while back but idk if they have gotten more since then but it's highly likely they probably have 

I know about the kid from Baldwin I think his name is Lundy he play DB

BUT I didn’t no about the kid from fernandina what’s his name and what position do he play 

6 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

That was 8 years ago. Dillard is a much different team now

IMG is a much different team now also; it's a nationally ranked team that recruits talent from all over the country. There's no need for them to beat up on locally recruited teams like Dillard. IMG has nothing to gain from a game with Dillard.

4 hours ago, HornetFan said:

IMG is a much different team now also; it's a nationally ranked team that recruits talent from all over the country. There's no need for them to beat up on locally recruited teams like Dillard. IMG has nothing to gain from a game with Dillard.

What a great outlook to have. “We can’t compete with them because we’re not good enough”. That will instill confidence In your players, without a doubt. :unsure: