WHAT THE HECK iS REALLY GOING ON WITH BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS??!?

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

About time STA played Northwestern! They’re gonna get crushed like a soda can, and I'm all for it! 

I don’t know now, as talented as MNW is they struggle with well coached teams EX...img ...& Lowndes 

I can see the raiders beating them & it’s possible for the bulls to win to, but MNW is playing STA at the right time the first game of the season.

6 hours ago, HornetFan said:

IMG is a much different team now also; it's a nationally ranked team that recruits talent from all over the country. There's no need for them to beat up on locally recruited teams like Dillard. IMG has nothing to gain from a game with Dillard.

To be amongst or be the best you have to play the best I would love to play img again but hey we’re in a district with STA now so we’re getting a top 5 national school on a silver platter. 

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t know now, as talented as MNW is they struggle with well coached teams EX...img ...& Lowndes 

I can see the raiders beating them & it’s possible for the bulls to win to, but MNW is playing STA at the right time the first game of the season.

Lowndes yes

IMG? No 

MNW lost that one because they couldn't go 2 plays without getting a flag on them, coaching had nothing to do with that win and there's nothing impressive about a team that loaded winning barely against good teams when they are supposed to be a JUCO team who can't lose to high school teams like people on here claim they are 

I COULD COACH IMG TO AN UNDEFEATED SEASON! 

On 6/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, smashmouth80 said:

I've heard the same stories about the privates. Now the validity of them is up in the air, probably on both ends. In Duval a lot has to do with the coaching. In my opinion it has not been on par with the rest of the state. Trinity and Bolles have good staffs. So tons of kids will want to go there. 

Lol everything I said is out the window now I just found out TCA got way more transferS

4star ath cam Miller from Fernandina 

3star ath kyree  Hammond from Raines 

3star ath Keaton Thomas from bolles 

Shaun Davis 6’4 330 lb OG from ribault

And also Ed white and ridgeviews best line men both around the 6’3 300 range when I find there names I will post it 

19 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

What a great outlook to have. “We can’t compete with them because we’re not good enough”. That will instill confidence In your players, without a doubt. :unsure:

I may be wrong, but I think that I remember seeing Venice play IMG on ESPN two seasons ago and it was a game that should not have been played. Venice fought bravely, but the difference in talent levels and depth said the game should not have been scheduled.  

17 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

To be amongst or be the best you have to play the best I would love to play img again but hey we’re in a district with STA now so we’re getting a top 5 national school on a silver platter. 

Careful what you wish for. I recall Saint Francis (Maryland/DC) playing MC a couple of seasons ago and SFA treated them like a red headed step child; it was pitiful. The wannabes rarely rise to the occasion.

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lowndes yes

IMG? No 

MNW lost that one because they couldn't go 2 plays without getting a flag on them, coaching had nothing to do with that win and there's nothing impressive about a team that loaded winning barely against good teams when they are supposed to be a JUCO team who can't lose to high school teams like people on here claim they are 

You do know MNW lost to img 24-7 in 2019 then 34-7 in 2018.

both years MNW & IMG was ranked nationally, & if you’re gonna talk about recruits then img isn’t the only school guilty you think teams like Miami central and Miami northwestern get nationally ranked just by within the zone talent ?? No they recruit and make local super teams.

and I don’t want this topic to get locked so ima stay on topic, all in all teams like iMG & STA because of their resources can go the extra mile with getting talent for their rosters, but if any public school do the same thing to any type of degree can they really complain ?

do you think regular schools that don’t get a boat load of transfers and 4 & 5 star recruits think the playing feel is fair when they have to line up against them knowing their at a disadvantage. 

8 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Careful what you wish for. I recall Saint Francis (Maryland/DC) playing MC a couple of seasons ago and SFA treated them like a red headed step child; it was pitiful. The wannabes rarely rise to the occasion.

I watched that game, and hey if you’re Miami central and you boast about being the best and you create super teams to blow through your county and state, why not play against a team who just as recruited as you and see how u really match up and we saw what happen.

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I watched that game, and hey if you’re Miami central and you boast about being the best and you create super teams to blow through your county and state, why not play against a team who just as recruited as you and see how u really match up and we saw what happen.

They got bitch-slapped up and down the field by SFA. They're probably still laughing in DC whenever South Florida HS football is mentioned.

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

MNW lost that one because they couldn't go 2 plays without getting a flag on them, coaching had nothing to do with that win and there's nothing impressive about a team that loaded

That's nothing but your blind hatred for IMG talking.

If you are really good enough to coach there, you are good enough to coach "anywhere" in America.

And where do you coach again?

40 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

If you are really good enough to coach there, you are good enough to coach "anywhere" in America.

Who needs to be a great coach to take a bunch of 5 stars and gameplan them against regular high school teams 

And you ain't had any credibility since you spent a full year trying to make Lake Wales into a powerhouse while playing the weakest schedule in Polk County only for the first real team they played to obliterate them 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You do know MNW lost to img 24-7 in 2019 then 34-7 in 2018.

both years MNW & IMG was ranked nationally, & if you’re gonna talk about recruits then img isn’t the only school guilty you think teams like Miami central and Miami northwestern get nationally ranked just by within the zone talent ?? No they recruit and make local super teams.

and I don’t want this topic to get locked so ima stay on topic, all in all teams like iMG & STA because of their resources can go the extra mile with getting talent for their rosters, but if any public school do the same thing to any type of degree can they really complain ?

do you think regular schools that don’t get a boat load of transfers and 4 & 5 star recruits think the playing feel is fair when they have to line up against them knowing their at a disadvantage. 

I have never heard anyone like Miami Central complain about teams like SFA or IMG out matching them if that's what you saying

When they take those games they know what they walking into 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who needs to be a great coach to take a bunch of 5 stars and gameplan them against regular high school teams 

And you ain't had any credibility since you spent a full year trying to make Lake Wales into a powerhouse while playing the weakest schedule in Polk County only for the first real team they played to obliterate them 

Seems to Me you’re not a fan of high school teams who heavily get recruits or transfers & become a local all star team.

which is ok, but to be fair that means you shouldn’t respect nor be a fan of the following 

chaminade 

STA

AHP

CARDINAL GIBBONS 

MNW

MC

BOOKER T (In their hay day)

LAKELAND

EDGE-WATER (recently)

and etc........

43 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

And your not talking with anything but a clueless Lake Wales fanboy who thinks he knows everything

You barely sound intelligent arguing with Polk county teams after your constantly blundering but you want to talk about my credibility? Even with the same SFL source you can't even come across with 1/10th of the credibility I can 

That's the problem on this board, people have all the sarcasm and second rate comebacks to fill a solar system but so few can actually justify their comments and just rely on inaccurate stereotypes from people in the stands who haven't done a minute of research to fill their argument

It's the same people who whine about private schools stealing players while you got publics schools getting 20 transfers and nobody says a damn thing about it because it doesn't fit their half-ass agenda

Where's that credibility bud?

26 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Seems to Me you’re not a fan of high school teams who heavily get recruits or transfers & become a local all star team.

which is ok, but to be fair that means you shouldn’t respect nor be a fan of the following 

chaminade 

STA

AHP

CARDINAL GIBBONS 

MNW

MC

BOOKER T (In their hay day)

LAKELAND

EDGE-WATER (recently)

and etc........

With those teams included I could probably come up with 50 or more teams who get as many if not more than the most if not all the teams listed 

I just don't agree with scapegoating STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons without also torching the public schools who get as many if not more than them and in reality people don't bash those teams because they get transfers 

They get bashed because people are jealous of their success

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

With those teams included I could probably come up with 50 or more teams who get as many of not more than the most if not all the teams listed 

I just don't agree with scapegoating STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons without also torching the public schools who get as many if not more than them and in reality people don't bash those teams because they get transfers 

They get bashed because people are jealous of their success

How i feel what’s not good for the goose shouldn’t be good for the gander of private schools get bashed for recruiting and heavy transfers, then public schools shouldn’t get a past either. 

like it or not all these transfers and recruits have become a problem and a lot of schools are suffering because of it. 

if you’re gonna recruit and create all star teams? Fine but in my opinion all those teams should be in their own league/classification. 

how can you really boast about winning a state championship by 30-40 points when the level of playing field wasn’t even fair to begin with. 

9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How i feel what’s not good for the goose shouldn’t be good for the gander of private schools get bashed for recruiting and heavy transfers, then public schools shouldn’t get a past either. 

like it or not all these transfers and recruits have become a problem and a lot of schools are suffering because of it. 

if you’re gonna recruit and create all star teams? Fine but in my opinion all those teams should be in their own league/classification. 

how can you really boast about winning a state championship by 30-40 points when the level of playing field wasn’t even fair to begin with. 

Which is all well and good but how do you police it and see who are recruiting when one part of the state is open with transfers and the other does everything to cover it up?

3 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I may be wrong, but I think that I remember seeing Venice play IMG on ESPN two seasons ago and it was a game that should not have been played. Venice fought bravely, but the difference in talent levels and depth said the game should not have been scheduled.  

And how many schools that play against IMG can say that they kept the score within 17 points? The whole point of playing them is to be used as a measuring stick to expose any flaws you have as a program. Northwestern should have beaten them last year, but they don’t have the coaching to overcome adversity the way other teams do. IMG doesn’t fill their schedule with all of these all-star teams like Mater Dei and SFA in every single week. They’ve played plenty of playoff-contending public schools over the years, such as Dillard, Venice, Miami Northwestern, Edgewater, and even Central. Sure, only Central can say they’ve kept the score within 14 in their one occasion of playing them. However, the crux of my post is that playing them helps to prepare a team for what they may see come playoff time. The incessant hatred for IMG on this board needs to stop.