UPDATED SOUTH FLORIDA TOP 10 (NEW THREAD)

“PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE)

MY TOP 10.!

1.ST THOMAS

2.AMERICAN HERITAGE

3.FLANAGAN

4.HALLANDALE

5.DEERFIELD

6.BOYD ANDERSON

7.DILLARD

8.PLANTATION

9.CREEK

10.MIRAMAR

@slick i respect your top 10 all the way good job. @broward i hear and feel everything that your saying but creek blowing dillard out last year is irrelivent just like dillard beating Deerfield 25-9 last year is irrelevant its about who is doing what right now. creek is 3-3 on the same pace they was at around this time last year. are they improved?? YES no doubt but that's it yes there loses was to great opponents but each of those games were game of the weeks and some actually favored creek in each game and they lost all 3 with 2 of 3 being 20+ point blowouts. 3-3 is three and three regardless if any other team would have done worst or just as bad with the same schedule they didn't live up to the hype.......boyd Anderson i have no problem with them being above dillard simply because they won head to head and there record is 6-1 but make no mistake dillard lost that game more then b.a won it so its not like dillard just was over matched.! BUT a lost is a lost the cobras got that but as for everything else im basting my top 10 off "HOW ARE YOU PLAYING NOW??" "WHAT ARE U DOING NOW" not how good i believe u can be so that's why my top 10 stands the way it is.

MY TOP 10.!

1.ST THOMAS

2.AMERICAN HERITAGE

3.FLANAGAN

4.HALLANDALE

5.DEERFIELD

6.BOYD ANDERSON

7.DILLARD

8.PLANTATION

9.CREEK

10.MIRAMAR

@slick i respect your top 10 all the way good job. @broward i hear and feel everything that your saying but creek blowing dillard out last year is irrelivent just like dillard beating Deerfield 25-9 last year is irrelevant its about who is doing what right now. creek is 3-3 on the same pace they was at around this time last year. are they improved?? YES no doubt but that's it yes there loses was to great opponents but each of those games were game of the weeks and some actually favored creek in each game and they lost all 3 with 2 of 3 being 20+ point blowouts. 3-3 is three and three regardless if any other team would have done worst or just as bad with the same schedule they didn't live up to the hype.......boyd Anderson i have no problem with them being above dillard simply because they won head to head and there record is 6-1 but make no mistake dillard lost that game more then b.a won it so its not like dillard just was over matched.! BUT a lost is a lost the cobras got that but as for everything else im basting my top 10 off "HOW ARE YOU PLAYING NOW??" "WHAT ARE U DOING NOW" not how good i believe u can be so that's why my top 10 stands the way it is.

I never referred to last year.  So if 3-3 is 3-3 regardless than McArthur at 6-1 is 6-1 regardless? Piper is 7-0... Right ?  You seem to have one philosophy (about Win/Loss Record for certain teams) but does not apply to others. Boyd Anderson and Dillard's schedule are garbage compared to EVERY other team in the top 10 and you know it. Creek played Hallandale way better than Dillard and slaughtered Boyd Anderson -who easily beat Dillard.  

Miami

1. Columbus

2. South Dade

3. Coral Gables

4. Carol City

5. Central

6. Mater Academy Charter

7. Booker T. Washington

Broward

1. St. Thomas Aquinas

2. Amercan Heritage (Plantation)

3. Hallandale

4. Deerfield Beach

5. Plantation

6. Flanagan

7. Boyd Anderson

8. Coconut Creek

9. Dillard

10. McArthur

As you all can see I got stuck so feel free in helping out or changing.

i guess you could put miami northwestern in there but i dont know that much after that 

@BROWARD here is st Thomas,dillard,Hallandale,coconut creek,flanagan and boyd andersons opponent win/loss ratio.

st Thomas opponents------- 32-27.!!

Hallandale opponents-------- 33-27.!!

Coconut creek opponents------34-21

Flanagan opponents ------  29-28.!!

Boyd Anderson opponents ------- 22-39

Dillard opponents ------ 32-31

I posted these stats because I like to be accurate when having a discussion now you made the statement that dillard and boyd Anderson had the "weakest schedules" out of the whole top 10.!! which by these numbers are proven not to be true in fact no one on this top 10 had a difficult schedule where to the point that they can say someone else schedule was weak because EVERY TEAM up top has a SWEET schedule except for maybe 1 or 2 games MAYBE 3 so chill with the comparison of schedules.

Now you say that you wasn't referring to the past and that I state stats for specific teams .....which is not true.... but to correct that statement you made...you did refer to the past you said that dillard was slaughterd by creek which means your talking about last year because dillard and creek did not and will not play this year. Which made me state that the win over Deerfield and plantation last year by dillard is also irrelevent. As I stated earlier 3-3 is three and three regardless on who it was against. creek has been hyped since preseason and str8 up has not lived up to the hype.! we can play the what if's all night ...but the truth still stands creek is 3-3 weather they did better with another schedule or if another team would have did worst with creek current schedule is IRRELEVENT.!

boyd Anderson and dillard is BOTH playing better then creek and plantation it dosent matter if creek played Hallandale closer then dillard did the facts stand they BOTH lost.! creek hasn't did anything more then they did last year all they did this year was win against the teams they was supposed to. GIBBONS even led the game against them until the 4th q.t like I said YES THEY ARE TALENTED AND iMPROVED but that's it.!

As far as Mcarthur and piper and archbishop there irrelevant because there not even in the top 10 yes they have good records but they are not better then any of the teams on the top 10 currently which is what everyone knows already but since u meationed them lets see mcarthur just lost to a horrible WEST BROWARD TEAM ....piper BARELY AND I DO MEAN BARELY.!! escaped stoneman douglas 12-6....and archbishop there the under consideration team even if they were #10 on the list I wouldn't have a problem with that.

@slick because st Thomas is still #1 just because they lost on a muddy field with over 200 yards in penalties doesn't negate that. Flanagan is the same way neaither lost is excusable but its not like south plantation should be on the top 10 because of it. EVERY team on this top 10 has atleast 1 LOST.! which means things happen theres a night where the ball just don't bounce your way.!

@BROWARD here is st Thomas,dillard,Hallandale,coconut creek,flanagan and boyd andersons opponent win/loss ratio.

st Thomas opponents------- 32-27.!!

Hallandale opponents-------- 33-27.!!

Coconut creek opponents------34-21

Flanagan opponents ------  29-28.!!

Boyd Anderson opponents ------- 22-39

Dillard opponents ------ 32-31

I posted these stats because I like to be accurate when having a discussion now you made the statement that dillard and boyd Anderson had the "weakest schedules" out of the whole top 10.!! which by these numbers are proven not to be true in fact no one on this top 10 had a difficult schedule where to the point that they can say someone else schedule was weak because EVERY TEAM up top has a SWEET schedule except for maybe 1 or 2 games MAYBE 3 so chill with the comparison of schedules.

Now you say that you wasn't referring to the past and that I state stats for specific teams .....which is not true.... but to correct that statement you made...you did refer to the past you said that dillard was slaughterd by creek which means your talking about last year because dillard and creek did not and will not play this year. Which made me state that the win over Deerfield and plantation last year by dillard is also irrelevent. As I stated earlier 3-3 is three and three regardless on who it was against. creek has been hyped since preseason and str8 up has not lived up to the hype.! we can play the what if's all night ...but the truth still stands creek is 3-3 weather they did better with another schedule or if another team would have did worst with creek current schedule is IRRELEVENT.!

boyd Anderson and dillard is BOTH playing better then creek and plantation it dosent matter if creek played Hallandale closer then dillard did the facts stand they BOTH lost.! creek hasn't did anything more then they did last year all they did this year was win against the teams they was supposed to. GIBBONS even led the game against them until the 4th q.t like I said YES THEY ARE TALENTED AND iMPROVED but that's it.!

As far as Mcarthur and piper and archbishop there irrelevant because there not even in the top 10 yes they have good records but they are not better then any of the teams on the top 10 currently which is what everyone knows already but since u meationed them lets see mcarthur just lost to a horrible WEST BROWARD TEAM ....piper BARELY AND I DO MEAN BARELY.!! escaped stoneman douglas 12-6....and archbishop there the under consideration team even if they were #10 on the list I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Why would you leave out the schedules of American Heritage, Miramar, Plantation etc.....  ?  

My bad I was referencing this year, and I was referencing Boyd Anderson hammering Dillard this year by 20 and Coconut Creek slaughtering Boyd Anderson by 25. I did edit that and put a "*" asterix so we are on the same page...

Also, Coconut Creek was way more competitive vs. Hallandale than Dillard.  If Dillard had to play @ Flanagan, @ AHP and @ Hallandale (well we know how that ended)  -they would be lucky to score 28 pts combined.  If Dillard had a stretch of 5 games like Creek's  @ Flanagan, Boyd Anderson (we know what would happen there), @ American Heritage, Cardinal Gibbons, @ Hallandale (big loss)  

- they would probably beat Gibbons and get hammered by the rest!  

As for McArthur, I have preached more on this board than anyone and never put them in my top 10 - you did however!    Same with Piper... I have been calling them overrated as well.  They are such a fraud , I actually thought Stoneman Douglas had a shot at them and the game was fairly close.  I said Archbishop McCarthy was the best of those 3 and they are.  I have seen all 3 play this year.  I have no problem putting Miramar above McCarthy but my point was  if some people choose to put a mid-tier undefeated team in the top 10 like McArthur or Piper , why not just put Archbishop McCarthy in there who has clearly been the most impressive of the 3 and have beaten better teams....  That was my point.  I am good with none of those being in the top 10 (I even have McCarthy around 12 myself) but I can tell you that Archbishop McCarthy is playing another respectable team this week in Key West and if they win....I will continue to keep them at the door of the top 10.  

So to conclude my top 10 going into this week would be:

1. American Heritage Plantation (I expect them to beat Gibbons by 21+)

2. St. Thomas Aquinas (Better slaughter Fort Lauderdale to remain stable)

3. Hallandale (Should handle Miramar and remain stable)

4. Flanagan (Should remain stable after beating down Everglades, however Everglades has gave Flanagan trouble in the past)

5. Deerfield Beach (Should crush Stoneman Douglas)

6. Coconut Creek (Have they thrown in the towel?  Should handle Stranahan with ease)

7. Plantation  (Should pound Western by 20+)

8. Boyd Anderson (Should have no problem winning @  Boynton Beach ) 

9. Dillard (Should remain stable after beating down Northeast)

10. Miramar ( A chance to really solidfy their top 10 spot with a big upset.  If they show up and make it a game, I have no problem keeping them in the top 10.  If they get killed, might be flirting with an exit.)

I would say the only potential for an upset here (and it would be a little stretch) but perhaps Miramar @ Hallandale.   Doubt it, but could happen...  I think most of the rankings stay the same this week.

It's funny because I was at the Carol City/Central game and their was this guy in the McArthur get up so you can tell he was a coach or somehow affiliated with McArthur high school. Anyways this guy kept rooting for Central and saying Carol City was going to get blown out and they wouldn't have a chance. Personally I was getting a little frustrated, now I didn't attend either school but who wants to sit through that. Carol City won of course, but my reasoning for mentioning this is McArthur just received it 1st lost district lost at that. Now I'm sitting here laughing and I kid you not I was expecting the Mustangs to go undefeated 10-0 as well as others on this site so I guess we were all right on them. Question now remains is how's Piper high school gonna fair out the remaining of the season because they haven't started out 6-0 in a long time if ever.

It's funny because I was at the Carol City/Central game and their was this guy in the McArthur get up so you can tell he was a coach or somehow affiliated with McArthur high school. Anyways this guy kept rooting for Central and saying Carol City was going to get blown out and they wouldn't have a chance. Personally I was getting a little frustrated, now I didn't attend either school but who wants to sit through that. Carol City won of course, but my reasoning for mentioning this is McArthur just received it 1st lost district lost at that. Now I'm sitting here laughing and I kid you not I was expecting the Mustangs to go undefeated 10-0 as well as others on this site so I guess we were all right on them. Question now remains is how's Piper high school gonna fair out the remaining of the season because they haven't started out 6-0 in a long time if ever.

I feel Piper will only lose pretty big to Deerfield in the regular season. That District is garbage this year.

Piper will then get throttled by Flanagan in the first round of the playoffs. But hats off to them for improving their program.

He probably was one of those defects that left Carol city

@BROWARD your still missing it you want to play this "IF" game when it all boils down to it...((OUT OF LL THE TEAMS IN THE TOP 10)) what are they doing right now?? whose playing better right now.??? and being that you keyed on the lower portion of the top 10 that's where I keyed as well.! .....creek is not playing better then dillard right now.! you keep saying OH they played Hallandale tougher they had this schedule ...IT DOES NOT MATTER.! they should have atleast won 1 of those games if the hype about them was real.! if creek wouldn't have been hyped this year none of this I'm saying you would have a problem with it . When it all boils down to it dillard is playing better then creek boyd Anderson is playing better then creek that's why I ranked them higher. plantation just got hammerd so that's why they dropped not to say they cant move up in the upcoming weeks.

As far as in mcarthur or piper I never had them in my top 10.!!! I was the main 1 agreeing with you that mcarthour is smoke and mirrors same as piper but if archbishop was to sneak in at # 10 i wouldn't argue with that.

And as far as the Miramar and Hallandale game this is a HUUUGE rilvarly game and the last time Miramar was home they got blew out by Flanagan so i expect a very close game it would not shock me if Miramar won this game will they? i guess we will see.

@BROWARD your still missing it you want to play this "IF" game when it all boils down to it...((OUT OF LL THE TEAMS IN THE TOP 10)) what are they doing right now?? whose playing better right now.??? and being that you keyed on the lower portion of the top 10 that's where I keyed as well.! .....creek is not playing better then dillard right now.! you keep saying OH they played Hallandale tougher they had this schedule ...IT DOES NOT MATTER.! they should have atleast won 1 of those games if the hype about them was real.! if creek wouldn't have been hyped this year none of this I'm saying you would have a problem with it . When it all boils down to it dillard is playing better then creek boyd Anderson is playing better then creek that's why I ranked them higher. plantation just got hammerd so that's why they dropped not to say they cant move up in the upcoming weeks.

As far as in mcarthur or piper I never had them in my top 10.!!! I was the main 1 agreeing with you that mcarthour is smoke and mirrors same as piper but if archbishop was to sneak in at # 10 i wouldn't argue with that.

And as far as the Miramar and Hallandale game this is a HUUUGE rilvarly game and the last time Miramar was home they got blew out by Flanagan so i expect a very close game it would not shock me if Miramar won this game will they? i guess we will see.

What game do you think Coconut Creek "should" have won? @ Flanagan, @ AHP, or @ Hallandale?

Because we know all know Boyd Anderson or Dillard would win at least one of those...LOL.

@BROWARD this where you irritate me to no END.! every time i meantion creek you ALWAYS BRING UP DILLARD OR SOME OTHER TEAM.!....but what you fail to realize is that it has nothing to do with dillard or nobody else DILLARD wasn't hyped coming out of the preseason and neither was Boyd Anderson ....CREEK was because of there 7on7 performances which i was the 1st 1 to say that they were impressive but none of it means NOTHING.! if they cant do the same when the lights come on.!!

NONE of those wins in those 7on7s means nothing now especially the 1 vs booker T because that same booker t is sitting at 2-4 so PLEASE stop with the foolery about if dillard would have had creek schedule because guess what they DONT.! and if they did i know darn well they wouldn't have been favored in any of those games.! and i would have been the FIRST to say that if they don't come with there "GAME" they will be blown out.! so i don't get where u going with that??

POINT IS if your coming in as the "HYPE" team then that mean your expected to do SOMETHING creek was FAVORED.!! BY ATLEAST 2 people in every last game vs FLANAGAN AH AND HALLANDALE all of those games were "GAME OF THE WEEKS" now all of a sudden the excuse for them loosing is because of the opponent ?!? that's foolishness let you tell it CREEK have better skill players then AMERICAN HERITAGE.! but yet they was still blown out in REGULAR WEATHER so please just stop and just finally admit that creek wasn't/isn't who u helped hype them to be...because when FLANAGAN AMERICAN HERITAGE OR ANY OTHER POWER HOUSE SCHEDULE CHALLENGING GAMES they ATLEAST come out .500 if not undefeated vs those teams.! that's why there were scheduled to test your self vs STIFF competition but you will never comprehend that logic you will play this "IF" game to the cows come home SMH.!

if that's what you delusional mind tells you then hey take that and run with it LOL.!

oh and for the record creek plays ELY this weekend not stranahan and also creek being better then dillard?? your out your mind you have no leverage to back that statement up because last time i checked since your brain dosent go back that far wen dillard and creek played last year DILLARD WAS in creek 3 yard line or less 9 TIMES and enterd there 10 yard line 11 times

I'm sorry that's 77 points if you cash those in even creek head coach said after the game they were lucky to escape that game and that they were lucky because they really should have lost.so don't act like creek just man handeld dillard creeks defense got drug up and down the field all game long.! what u fail to realize that i would be glad to help u out with...is that when dillard lose games its not because the other team is better....DILLARD shoots there own self in the foot....LACK OF COACHING nad undicilpine will do that but i wouldn't expect you to understand that being that u never played this game. when it boils down to it you don't even really know much about these schools you just post your opinion vs each matchup and result. i have played this game i know this game and I'm a BROWARD NATIVE with a lot of behind close doors info so im pretty sure everything i post is credible and accurate.

LOL and that post alone say's it all I'm not even going to scoop down to that childish level with u bra straight up from this point forward whenever a team is being discussed discuss that team no other team is relevant unless it's there next opponent.

NOW.! whats your thoughts on the Norland vs carol city matchup and the central vs northwestern matchup???

LOL and that post alone say's it all I'm not even going to scoop down to that childish level with u bra straight up from this point forward whenever a team is being discussed discuss that team no other team is relevant unless it's there next opponent.

NOW.! whats your thoughts on the Norland vs carol city matchup and the central vs northwestern matchup???

I like Carol City and Central to win in hard fought games.

i believe norland defense can give carol city fits if there Q.B remains out and if that happens and they pull out the upset that district can really get shook upside down same goes for central vs the west.

ALSO another game lowkey interesting is BOYNTON BEACH at home vs boyd Anderson ...i expect b.a to win but if the tigers pull 1 out of the hat at home and then dillard beats them in 2 weeks that flips our district upside down everyone will be 2-1 in district play i don't even know who will be considerd district champs and who would be runner up smh lol. probably wont happen but just a thought,

i believe norland defense can give carol city fits if there Q.B remains out and if that happens and they pull out the upset that district can really get shook upside down same goes for central vs the west.

ALSO another game lowkey interesting is BOYNTON BEACH at home vs boyd Anderson ...i expect b.a to win but if the tigers pull 1 out of the hat at home and then dillard beats them in 2 weeks that flips our district upside down everyone will be 2-1 in district play i don't even know who will be considerd district champs and who would be runner up smh lol. probably wont happen but just a thought,

I expect Boyd to handle Boynton by double digits but Boynton's backs are against the wall so it could be interesting. Not wishing it on them but Boyd might be due for a bad game. Even though they do not have a perfect record they have shown up in every game this year. Coaching appears solid over there but will the magic continue?

@broward i feel you and your right about boyd showing up but i just cant respect there schedule....

south broward 1-5

coral springs 0-6

stoneman douglas 2-4

nova 3-3

golden gate 3-4

just to name a few i would really have like to see them vs a tougher OOD schedule im not negating the job they have done eddie brown is a very good coach but Boynton beating b.a is not impossible...boyd did beat my panthers so i know there talented but with there q.b and top WR going out in that game with serious injury u never know.

South Florida Sun Sentinel Top Ten

By: Dave Brosseau

Broward Top 10 for Week 8:

There's a new team on top of the Sun Sentinel Broward football rankings this week and deservingly so.

Following last week 6-3 upset loss to Deerfield Beach, St. Thomas Aquinas was replaced by American Heritage at the top. Heritage has taken on some of the best team in Florida and outside the state. Only loss came the DeMatha (Md.) on a missed extra point.

Flanagan has been punishing opponents since its loss to South Plantation and moved up to No. 2. Deerfield Beach moved to No. 3 after defeating Aquinas for the 12th time in team history.

Each of this week's rankings is followed by the team's previous top-10 ranking, followed by the team and its record.

1. (2) American Heritage (5-1)

Last week: Bye week

This week: at Cardinal Gibbons

2. (4) Flanagan (5-1)

Last week: W (Plantation 35-0)

This week: vs. Everglades

3. (6) Deerfield Beach (5-1)

Last week: W (St. Thomas Aquinas 6-3)

This week: at Douglas

4. (3) Hallandale (5-1)

Last week: W (Coconut Creek 36-22)

This week: at Miramar