UPDATED SOUTH FLORIDA TOP 10 (NEW THREAD)

“PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE)

I FIND IT LAUGHABLE THAT EVERY SINCE DILLARD LOST TO HALLANDALE IN WEEK 2 ...WE HAVENT BEEN IN THE TOP 10 SINCE.!! but yet FLANAGAN LOST 2 SOUTH PLANTATION.!!! A TEAM THATS NOT EVEN RANKED WHO JUST LOST TO EVERGLADES AND THEY STILL STAYED IN.!!

YOU HAVE MONARCH.!! WHO JUST LOST TO FREAKING WEST BROWARD.!! AND THERE STILL IN AFTER PROVING TO BE HISTORIC FRAUDS..1!!??? ...U HAVE PIPER WHO BARELY ESCAPED VS A 2-4 DOUGLAS TEAM 12-7 AND THATS TOP 10 WORTHY.!???

but because dillard lost to a team in the TOP 10.!! #4 to be exact were not TOP 10 worthy.! HECK if that's the standards there going by creek have 3 LOSES and all of them game to teams in the top 10 2 of 3 which was blowouts but they still in ...PLANTATION JUST GOT STEAMROLLED 35-0 there still in.! none of this makes any since to me.

Why would you leave out the schedules of American Heritage, Miramar, Plantation etc.....  ?  

My bad I was referencing this year, and I was referencing Boyd Anderson hammering Dillard this year by 20 and Coconut Creek slaughtering Boyd Anderson by 25. I did edit that and put a "*" asterix so we are on the same page...

Also, Coconut Creek was way more competitive vs. Hallandale than Dillard.  If Dillard had to play @ Flanagan, @ AHP and @ Hallandale (well we know how that ended)  -they would be lucky to score 28 pts combined.  If Dillard had a stretch of 5 games like Creek's  @ Flanagan, Boyd Anderson (we know what would happen there), @ American Heritage, Cardinal Gibbons, @ Hallandale (big loss)  

- they would probably beat Gibbons and get hammered by the rest!  

As for McArthur, I have preached more on this board than anyone and never put them in my top 10 - you did however!    Same with Piper... I have been calling them overrated as well.  They are such a fraud , I actually thought Stoneman Douglas had a shot at them and the game was fairly close.  I said Archbishop McCarthy was the best of those 3 and they are.  I have seen all 3 play this year.  I have no problem putting Miramar above McCarthy but my point was  if some people choose to put a mid-tier undefeated team in the top 10 like McArthur or Piper , why not just put Archbishop McCarthy in there who has clearly been the most impressive of the 3 and have beaten better teams....  That was my point.  I am good with none of those being in the top 10 (I even have McCarthy around 12 myself) but I can tell you that Archbishop McCarthy is playing another respectable team this week in Key West and if they win....I will continue to keep them at the door of the top 10.  

So to conclude my top 10 going into this week would be:

1. American Heritage Plantation (I expect them to beat Gibbons by 21+)

2. St. Thomas Aquinas (Better slaughter Fort Lauderdale to remain stable)

3. Hallandale (Should handle Miramar and remain stable)

4. Flanagan (Should remain stable after beating down Everglades, however Everglades has gave Flanagan trouble in the past)

5. Deerfield Beach (Should crush Stoneman Douglas)

6. Coconut Creek (Have they thrown in the towel?  Should handle Stranahan with ease)

7. Plantation  (Should pound Western by 20+)

8. Boyd Anderson (Should have no problem winning @  Boynton Beach ) 

9. Dillard (Should remain stable after beating down Northeast)

10. Miramar ( A chance to really solidfy their top 10 spot with a big upset.  If they show up and make it a game, I have no problem keeping them in the top 10.  If they get killed, might be flirting with an exit.)

I would say the only potential for an upset here (and it would be a little stretch) but perhaps Miramar @ Hallandale.   Doubt it, but could happen...  I think most of the rankings stay the same this week.

Wet fields cause a few interesting games tonight particularly with the fast , high powered offenses.  Hallandale squeaked by Miramar 7-0 and Coconut Creek was shut out by Ely 7-0.   Deerfield Beach needed a half to get into gear as Douglas was only donw 24-21 at half.    AHP only mustered a 21-14 win vs. Cardinal Gibbons....  I got to go through some box scores to complete my final order  but I got changes in my top 10... Early on I'm looking like:

1. AHP (Not a pretty win but took care of business vs Gibbons)

2.  STA (Started slow but put it in high gear the 2nd half)

3. Hallandale ( Ugly 7-0 win on flooded fields)

4. Flanagan (Game postponed due to a flooded Flanagan Field)

5. Deerfield Beach (Handled business after a slow start vs. Douglas

6. Boyd Anderson ( Impressive road District win vs. Boynton)

7. Dillard               (Slaughtered Northeast, did everthing they were supposed and then some)

8. Plantation         (Like Deerfield, started slow but handled @ Western 42-21)

I feel pretty confident about those 8 teams being pretty secure in the top 8 for now......

I am tempted to keep Miramar and Coconut Creek at 9, 10  .  I don't think Miramar has quit yet, but Ely might have put the nail in Creeks coffin for me.  Creek may have thrown in the towel as I thought could happen after they were eliminated last week. I had no clue about this game tonight and thought Creek was playing Stranahan.

No way McArthur is in for me.  Piper squeaks by Taravella 17-14!  Archbishop McCarthy blasts another decent team in Key West 56-36. Undefeated and now have beat three respectable teams on the road on their field                                   @ University School, @ North Broward Prep, and @ Key West!  Much more impressive than anything undefeated  Piper has done this year! 

When i saw that creek ely score i was in complete shock.!!! even if it was 7-0 creek final that still would have been suspect for me but hey creek is 3-4.!!! hate to say i told u so but the #'s and results don't lie. Miramar lost that game they had Hallandale on the ropes about 4 times they were knocking at the door on offense and squanderd away oppertunites.

@broward it threw me off to because even on ely's maxpreps it says 7-0 final.! but even though really 14-19?? that's not impressive to me against a 1-5 team now 1-6

Nothing impressive .  I would like to review the Box Score though....But Ely might be the best 1-6 team in America LOL.. They have a pretty hard schedule.   I think Creek has thrown in the towel though.  They are beat down from a rough schedule and I also think the wet fields slowed a lot of fast athletic teams down tonight.     

@broward I almost threw my laptop LOL.!! but I pray that was sarcasm lol.! ELY are exactly what there record says 1-6.!!! theres NOWAY around 1-6.!! with games @Lakeland and vs st Thomas in the next 2 weeks which is a guaranteed 4 str8 losses a 1-8 record.!!! smh

creek.! yes they had a challenging schedule but its time to stop making excuses for them to there exactly what there record is 4-3 and almost lost tonight against a HORRIBLE ely team who they should have beaten by atleast 2 td's.!

and giving up 21 points to douglas in a have DB?? douglas offense is putrid I expected a more dominant showing for the bucks defense but a win is a win.

@broward I almost threw my laptop LOL.!! but I pray that was sarcasm lol.! ELY are exactly what there record says 1-6.!!! theres NOWAY around 1-6.!! with games @Lakeland and vs st Thomas in the next 2 weeks which is a guaranteed 4 str8 losses a 1-8 record.!!! smh

creek.! yes they had a challenging schedule but its time to stop making excuses for them to there exactly what there record is 4-3 and almost lost tonight against a HORRIBLE ely team who they should have beaten by atleast 2 td's.!

and giving up 21 points to douglas in a have DB?? douglas offense is putrid I expected a more dominant showing for the bucks defense but a win is a win.

I'm really thinking that Plantation @ Dillard game is going to be huge next week.  Right now,  I am leaning Dillard at home by 6ish.

@BROWARD yeah that game going to be huge 6-2 vs 5-2 we have been playing each other for about 7 or 8 straight years so this will be a huge game cant wait for it.

and my 9 and 10 will be ...... archbishop #9 and Miramar #10

Why (3-5)  Miramar over (4-3) Creek?  I am not saying it is right or wrong just curious of your opinion?

because I honestly believe if Miramar and creek were to play I honestly believe regardless the location Miramar would win.! plus Miramar held Hallandale to 7 points and very well could have won creek was actually behind for a good while in this game vs ely and escaped in the end ..add that with also playing the same devils advocated vs gibbons I believe that even at 3-5 Miramar is better then creek.

because I honestly believe if Miramar and creek were to play I honestly believe regardless the location Miramar would win.! plus Miramar held Hallandale to 7 points and very well could have won creek was actually behind for a good while in this game vs ely and escaped in the end ..add that with also playing the same devils advocated vs gibbons I believe that even at 3-5 Miramar is better then creek.

But at the same time Creek played @  Flanagan way better than Miramar played at Home hosting Flanagan....

Looking forward to the Flanagan @ STA game....

Who do you think would win on neutral field right now AHP or Hallandale?  AHP or Flanagan?  Hallandale or Flanagan?  Deerfield against any of them on a neutral field?

AHP would and will be Hallandale .... AHP would edge Flanagan in a thriller.!!......FLANAGAN would beat Hallandale by atleast 2 td's especially with there q.b back.

that STA game im kind of mad it wasn't earlier in the year because last game teams really like to rest there starters especially if there getting ready for a post season run. so I don't think we wre going to see the starters a lot in this one which drives me to believe sta will win that at home.

BUT IF THIS WAS EARLIER IN THE YEAR I would take Flanagan To be honest.

AND DEERFIELD vs Hallandale AHP and Flanagan......vs Flanagan LOSS AHP LOST...Hallandale that would be a toss up.