UPDATED SOUTH FLORIDA TOP 10 (NEW THREAD)

“PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE)

So Norland beats Carol City tonight in OT that changes things a little and we will see MNW/Central results soon.  I am not sure who will be the better match for Dillard?  I think both will be challenging though.  I still want to see the Dillard QB put up a solid game vs. a solid team .  Both Carol City and Central have decent Defenses (as does Dillard)...

I agree with you.! but if central loses this game vs northwestern tomorrow then things just got a WHOLE lot more interesting because carol city or central is not a lock for the playoffs yet the runner up and champion can very well be norland and north western ...but real talk I cant worry about them right now we just have to take it game by game are last to games have been a 40 and a 47 point win with our defense giving up 7 points and the funny thing about that I defense didn't eeven give up any points last week either it was 2 minutes left in the 4th 47-0 and our 3rd string q.b threw a pick 6 so technically the DEFENSE have 2 straight shutout's.

but I just want them to improve every week were 4-1 in our last 5 games offense is leaps and jumps better then it was last year last year the most points we scored was 28...SMH.! so its just 1 game at a time.

That storm lastnight mess up a lot of games.... Carol City lost cause of the weather .... If central wins tonight it's going to be a four way tie in that district.. Btw my boys won their rivalry game last night 13-8 against NMB.... Trophy stays home!!!!

Mighty_Dillard_Panthers for 6A it's like this. HML is out so that leaves Norland, Carol City, Central and Northwestern. After tonight well see who's in and if Northwestern wins that will really put them in the drivers seat. He'll Miami is all messed up so far. South Dade lost to Killian and I bet we all were picking them to go all the way.

@zoe I hear you but that had nothing to do with the chiefs losing norland had to play in the same weather and they got the job done carol city had there starting q.b back so that's no excuse at the end of the day norland defense is legit and I called it a couple of days ago that I believe noralnd would stifle carol city and they still had a chance to win late but didn't I really believe the west will beat carol central tonight and turn everything upside down.

@zoe I hear you but that had nothing to do with the chiefs losing norland had to play in the same weather and they got the job done carol city had there starting q.b back so that's no excuse at the end of the day norland defense is legit and I called it a couple of days ago that I believe noralnd would stifle carol city and they still had a chance to win late but didn't I really believe the west will beat carol central tonight and turn everything upside down.

Yes which is true but the weather took away what they did best which is throwing the rock... When the rain let up a bit they throw the ball easy and scored... All Norland did was ran the ball and played great defense....

Updated: Sun Sentinel Broward County Top 10 Rankings Week 9 by Dave Brousseau

1. American Heritage Plantation

2. Flanagan

3. Deerfield Beach

4. Hallandale

5. St. Thomas Aquinas

6. Piper

7. Plantation

8. Boyd Anderson

9. Coconut Creek

10. McArthur

Sun Sentinel Palm Beach County Top 10 Rankings Week 9 by Dave  Brousseau

1. Dwyer

2. Atlantic

3. Boca Raton

4. Glades Central

5. Oxbridge Academy

6. American Heritage Delray

7. Wellington

8. Pahokee

9. Forest Hill

10. Boynton Beach

Miami

1. Columbus

2. Coral Gables

3. Carol City

4. Central

5. South Dade

6. Mater Academy Charter

7. Northwestern

8. Booker T. Washington

9. Southridge

10. Norland

Broward

1. American Heritage (Plantation)

2. Deerfield Beach

3. St. Thomas Aquarius

4. Hallandale

5. Flanagan

6. Plantation

7. Boyd Anderson

8. Coconut Creek

9. Dillard

10. Piper

Miami

1. Columbus

2. Coral Gables

3. Carol City

4. Central

5. South Dade

6. Mater Academy Charter

7. Northwestern

8. Booker T. Washington

9. Southridge

10. Norland

Broward

1. American Heritage (Plantation)

2. Deerfield Beach

3. St. Thomas Aquarius

4. Hallandale

5. Flanagan

6. Plantation

7. Boyd Anderson

8. Coconut Creek

9. Dillard

10. Piper

I would have to move Piper out and put Archbishop McCarthy in.  ArchbishopMcCarthy is also undefeated also with a semi-week schedule but at least beat 4 respectable opponents (3 on the road) :  Baron Collier,  @ Key West, @ North Broward Prep, and @ University School - all of those opponents might be better than anyone Piper beat this year.  Piper has not beat one team this year that currently has a winning record!  Piper's opponents this year are a combined 17-48!    I had to do this with McArthur until the truth came out and I will do the same with Piper.  Trust me-   Miramar, Archbishiop McCarthy, Chaminade Madonna, Cardinal Gibbons, University School, Coral Springs Charter, North Broward Prep and maybe even Calvary Christian and West Broward would all likely beat Piper on a neutral field right now.   Either Deefield Beach exposes Piper this week or Piper will embarrass me!  But then again the following week after Deerfield... Piper gets to play the Bully again at Home and beat up on Cooper City.  That will be a good tune up game for Piper going into the 8A Playoffs vs. Flanagan! LOL

Hats off to them and their Coach for turning the program around and he surely has the team headed in the right direction but a top 10 ranking in Broward now is not legit in my opinion.

@BrowardHandicapper You do know that Dillard Panther isn't gonna like you 4 not adding his Panthers in the top 10 lol...

I know....off with my head!   lol   .  They are right there though...but , they should have been able to beat Plantation at Home.  I had to drop them just a tad.  I still think Miramar is the best 4-5 team in the nation as well.  

@broward you know that I respectfully disagree with your top 10 rankings if creek 5-3 can still be in after only eeking by a 1-7 ely team and Miramar can still be in at 3-4 there's no way dillard should not be in.

But in the end I don't even care about the rankings right now all I want is for dillard to get healthy hopefully we can get our biggest weapon back this Friday in demeatrius white and take care of the tigers at home and get into the playoffs. that's the only thing that's on my mind us being ranked in the top 10 means nothing if we don't even make the playoffs so dillard being considered in the top 10 is pretty much accurate right now we will see what happens on Friday.

@broward you know that I respectfully disagree with your top 10 rankings if creek 5-3 can still be in after only eeking by a 1-7 ely team and Miramar can still be in at 3-4 there's no way dillard should not be in.

But in the end I don't even care about the rankings right now all I want is for dillard to get healthy hopefully we can get our biggest weapon back this Friday in demeatrius white and take care of the tigers at home and get into the playoffs. that's the only thing that's on my mind us being ranked in the top 10 means nothing if we don't even make the playoffs so dillard being considered in the top 10 is pretty much accurate right now we will see what happens on Friday.

So would you take out Creek, Miramar or Archbishop McCarthy?

I would not even play White this weekend.  Not worth it because you can beat Boynton without him.  Especially at Home.  Then you get  Ely.  If he is hurt bad, just let him rest till playoffs.  That is what matters.

I would take out Miramar simply because there 4-5 and out of playoff contention nothing against them I still respect them to a good degree but for dillard to be 5-3 and be dropped out is crazy it's not like they was blown out last week that was a great game to the final whistle between to good teams who know eachother very well.

But like I stated dillard just need to win Friday and get into the playoffs. that's there only focus right now.

I would take out Miramar simply because there 4-5 and out of playoff contention nothing against them I still respect them to a good degree but for dillard to be 5-3 and be dropped out is crazy it's not like they was blown out last week that was a great game to the final whistle between to good teams who know eachother very well.

But like I stated dillard just need to win Friday and get into the playoffs. that's there only focus right now.

What about Chaminade Madonna? 6-1 Overall-  Impressive wins @ Belen Jesuit, @ University School and @ Cardinal Gibbons.  Only loss was @ Westminster Christian.  

Miramar - Hard to fault a team for getting stomped by @ IMG,  @STA , Flanagan and getting beat only 7-0 to Hallandale......  Miramar's best win this year was @ Cypress Bay 42-0.  Perhaps should have beat Plantation in my opinion to strengthen top 10 argument.

Dillard was stomped by Hallandale, Boyd Anderson and lost a tough one to Plantation.  Dillard's best win this year would likely be @ a decent Lake Gibson team.  Perhaps should have beat Plantation in my opinion to strengthen top 10 argument.

Coconut Creek lost @ Flanagan, @ Heritage Plantation, and @ Hallandale.  Good  OOS win  @ Marist, crushed Boyd Anderson, soundly handled Cardinal Gibbons and won all of the games they were supposed to in my opinon.  Struggled with Ely though.

Archbishop McCarthy won all games including decent wins vs. Baron Collier, @ Key West, @ North Broward Prep, and @ University School.  

If I start bringing records into the mix than I would have to include Piper, Coral Springs Charter.  Both with weak schedules but undefeated.  

Chaminade Madonna, Archbiship McCarthy have fewer losses but have arguably beat better teams than all the teams we are debating except Coconut Creek (soundly won 41-21 @ Marist - 7-2 ranked #56 in GA and crushed Boyd Anderson 46-21) . 

If we are going to look at losses, we should probably look at wins as well.

Many ways this can be debated.  We will no more soon...