Toughest district in 7a

Jullian

1 hour ago, SubZero said:

The toughest district is whatever district that Aquinas is. Dillard is in there too. I only see Lakeland in 7A-5 & Manatee in 7A-11. 

Bartow had a great season, along with LG, last season. 
Palmetto has been good the last couple years. Bloomingdale the same. 
Both Lakeland & Manatee should be pushed. 

13 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So pretty much you think St. Thomas is a safe bet for 7A title 

They are a safe bet but they are most years 

Doesn't mean they can't lose but they are tough to beat

But subzero justification for it is silly, a district can have a powerhouse and a bunch of sub par teams (not saying that's the case here but I can point to examples of this) but one powerhouse doesn't make a district loaded 

30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Venice has beaten them once since 2016, even though Venice may be a top 10 team at this stage, I think it's the other way around as now Venice has a much more manageable path to a Championship

That’s true, & was the only game on their home field vs STA. We’ll find out quick as Venice goes to Traz to meet the Bulls, & the following week the Bulls travel to Ft Laud to meet the Raiders. 

2 hours ago, SubZero said:

The toughest district is whatever district that Aquinas is. Dillard is in there too. I only see Lakeland in 7A-5 & Manatee in 7A-11. 

You must not be paying attention to Lake Gibson. There's no way you'd dismiss them outright if you knew anything about them. They are probably a slight favorite to win the district given they have Lakeland at home. Lakeland also plays at Bartow, who is also a playoff caliber team.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Venice has beaten them once since 2016, even though Venice may be a top 10 team at this stage, I think it's the other way around as now Venice has a much more manageable path to a Championship

Venice looks good on video, but I am very confident they will not win 8A. They do have a good shot at getting to the title game, though. 

14 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So pretty much you think St. Thomas is a safe bet for 7A title 

Here's the way I look at it.   Remember when Tiger Woods was in his prime?  You could either bet on Tiger or the field (i.e., everybody else).  Tiger didn't win every tournament, but if you could only bet on one golfer before the tournament started, most people would bet on Tiger.  

Until STA gets knocked off their throne, I'm guessing most of the people of this board would bet on them over any other team in 7A and likely would bet on STA over the field of all other teams in 7A. 

16 hours ago, SubZero said:

What’s crazy is I really think DiLLARD & STA is gonna split this upcoming season. 

it can be them beating us in the regular season and then we get revenge in the playoffs or vice versa. Either way Dillard vs STA will most def be game of the week. 

On 6/15/2021 at 8:23 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

But subzero justification for it is silly, a district can have a powerhouse and a bunch of sub par teams (not saying that's the case here but I can point to examples of this) but one powerhouse doesn't make a district loaded 

Dillard isn't subpar. They're pretty good. Like i said, i stand by what i mean. It's isn't silly when STA is a juggernaut, and having them in a district makes things tough when you try to make the playoffs. Excuse me for not mentioning other teams in the other 7A districts when you see the same teams year after year with exception of Bloomingdale. 

14 minutes ago, SubZero said:

Dillard isn't subpar. They're pretty good. Like i said, i stand by what i mean. It's isn't silly when STA is a juggernaut, and having them in a district makes things tough when you try to make the playoffs. Excuse me for not mentioning other teams in the other 7A districts when you see the same teams year after year with exception of Bloomingdale. 

I didn't say they were in fact that's what this disclaimer means 

On 6/15/2021 at 8:23 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dillard is a good team but I remember when STA was in a 3 team district with a subpar Fort Lauderdale and Ely team

Is that a GOOD district because of STA? HELL NO 

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I didn't say they were in fact that's what this disclaimer means 

Dillard is a good team but I remember when STA was in a 3 team district with a subpar Fort Lauderdale and Ely team

Is that a GOOD district because of STA? HELL NO 

St. Thomas can't or anyone can decides who's in there district and if you have issues go Independent. It's not St. Thomas fault Fort Lauderdale and Blanche Ely were horrible at the time and still are and without transfers I'm sure St. Thomas would beat both of them