Toughest district in 7a

Jullian

1 minute ago, FBGUY1989 said:

St. Thomas can't or anyone can decides who's in there district and if you have issues go Independent. It's not St. Thomas fault Fort Lauderdale and Blanche Ely were horrible at the time and still are and without transfers I'm sure St. Thomas would beat both of them

And i didn't say that either but to claim the district is great because you have one elite team and a bunch of pushovers isn't logical

STA is a great team and I would be confident that they would beat probably 95% of the SFL teams even without having a single transfer but just because they in a district doesn't mean the entire district is great as a result, one team doesn't make a district great 

Subzero entire take is the district STA is in must be the best in the classification because STA is the best team in 7a and that's asinine 

STA being great has nothing to do with how good the rest of the teams in district are 

That would be the same exact claim as saying the ACC is the best conference in college football when Clemson wins the national title because "the best team makes it the toughest division/conference by default" 

There is NO difference in those claims so don't anyone give me any bullshit about "that's college football so it's not the same"

If that's the argument THEN IT IS THE SAME DAMN THING 

Now do you see where that take flys off the handle?

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Two good teams in a district makes for a "good district." 

Three good teams in a district makes for an "elite district." 

Many years, there are no elite districts.  Some years it's hard to find more than a handful of good districts. 

When the Miami powers were all in the same district that was elite.

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

They were all in the same classification for years so at the end of the day only one would be state champs whether they were in the same district or not.

Maybe only one of them should be a state champ. Here in Central Florida, the vast majority of teams are in 8A and 7A; there are a few in 6A and 5A. I don't hear complaints about classifications. Classifications are supposed to be based on student population, not on who has a chance to win a state championship. Maybe they should re-classify based upon academic rating; but then again, most of the South Florida schools may fall in the same classification and still only play for one state championship. :lol:

15 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Maybe only one of them should be a state champ. Here in Central Florida, the vast majority of teams are in 8A and 7A; there are a few in 6A and 5A. I don't hear complaints about classifications. Classifications are supposed to be based on student population, not on who has a chance to win a state championship. Maybe they should re-classify based upon academic rating; but then again, most of the South Florida schools may fall in the same classification and still only play for one state championship. :lol:

If you're trying to be funny you not

3 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

They were all in the same classification for years so at the end of the day only one would be state champs whether they were in the same district or not.

Exactly Northwestern Central Carol City not sure about Norland though and if you go back further adding in Jackson during the glory days of the Soul Bowl you then talking about talent spread across the field all in the same boat

5 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

And amazingly the next year they were in, not two but three different classes.

One school drops 1 class, and another school drops 2 classes. Just like that.

Truly amazing feat:ph34r:

5 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

If you're trying to be funny you not

You assumed that I meant that the South Florida schools would all fall in a low rated academic classification. I keep seeing loads of transfers in South Florida and no one ever mentions it's for an IB program or going to an "A" rated academic school. It's almost always to play football in a dominant program. 

2 hours ago, HornetFan said:

You assumed that I meant that the South Florida schools would all fall in a low rated academic classification. I keep seeing loads of transfers in South Florida and no one ever mentions it's for an IB program or going to an "A" rated academic school. It's almost always to play football in a dominant program. 

Again if you're trying to be funny your not

12 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Again if you're trying to be funny your not

Not trying to be funny, just stating the obvious. Loads of kids in South Florida transferring for football and none of them ever seem to mention better academics at the new school. It's about priorities. Less than 1% of HS football players go on to NFL, and for those that do, the average career in the NFL is less than 3 years. Instead of pushing a state championship as the ultimate goal, these kids should be getting advice on career goals that do not involve playing football. Reality is often a cruel master!

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

Not trying to be funny, just stating the obvious. Loads of kids in South Florida transferring for football and none of them ever seem to mention better academics at the new school. It's about priorities. Less than 1% of HS football players go on to NFL, and for those that do, the average career in the NFL is less than 3 years. Instead of pushing a state championship as the ultimate goal, these kids should be getting advice on career goals that do not involve playing football. Reality is often a cruel master!

There are approximately 1,036,842 high school football players in any given year in the United States. 1% of these players would mean that 10,368 players go on to play NFL football in any given year. There are only 1,696 players total in the NFL in any given year. Approximately only 255 players per year are drafted into the NFL. Which is only 7% of "eligible" College Seniors which is 3,500. Or .00025% of eligible high school players. In other words a high school football player has a better chance of getting kicked by a Mule than he does of getting into the NFL. Not trying to be a wise guy HornetFan just going by the stats. If you have some other figures please feel free to provide. What I think we are both trying to say is that for every CJ Spiller there are thousands of half way decent players who will have played their last game before HS  graduation day or that will disappear into the fog of a D2 or D3 gridiron. :)

For those kids in high school who were born with athletic talent and/or who work hard enough to produce success on the football field, the real goal should be to put themselves in a position to have someone else pay for their college education, while playing a game they enjoy playing with other guys who will be their brothers for life.  Success on the field in college and a chance to play professional football would simply be the gravy on top. 

54 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

There are approximately 1,036,842 high school football players in any given year in the United States. 1% of these players would mean that 10,368 players go on to play NFL football in any given year. There are only 1,696 players total in the NFL in any given year. Approximately only 255 players per year are drafted into the NFL. Which is only 7% of "eligible" College Seniors which is 3,500. Or .00025% of eligible high school players. In other words a high school football player has a better chance of getting kicked by a Mule than he does of getting into the NFL. Not trying to be a wise guy HornetFan just going by the stats. If you have some other figures please feel free to provide. What I think we are both trying to say is that for every CJ Spiller there are thousands of half way decent players who will have played their last game before HS  graduation day or that will disappear into the fog of a D2 or D3 gridiron. :)

I did say "Less than 1% of HS football players go on to NFL"; you actually took the time to research the numbers and show it is far less than a fraction of 1%. Your figures offer a stronger case for what I was trying to point out. I enjoy watching a great player excel on the football field, but it's far more important that we prepare these young men to succeed in the world. 

7 hours ago, Perspective said:

For those kids in high school who were born with athletic talent and/or who work hard enough to produce success on the football field, the real goal should be to put themselves in a position to have someone else pay for their college education, while playing a game they enjoy playing with other guys who will be their brothers for life.  Success on the field in college and a chance to play professional football would simply be the gravy on top. 

That may be the one redeeming part of the entire process. A handful of players may get full or partial scholarships to colleges for their commitment to play football for their entire time at college. And, hoping that they do not get injured or cannot make it academically. So, you are correct in that regard. 

6 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I did say "Less than 1% of HS football players go on to NFL"; you actually took the time to research the numbers and show it is far less than a fraction of 1%. Your figures offer a stronger case for what I was trying to point out. I enjoy watching a great player excel on the football field, but it's far more important that we prepare these young men to succeed in the world. 

The thing that has always bothered me is that academically superior students get far fewer scholarships and which are much more difficult to attain than do students engaged in sports. At least that has been my understanding. 

9 hours ago, Proseteye said:

The thing that has always bothered me is that academically superior students get far fewer scholarships and which are much more difficult to attain than do students engaged in sports. At least that has been my understanding. 

Yeah, apparently colleges and universities figured out that they can't pack 60,000 people into a lab room on Saturday to watch a kid pour a solution into a beaker.   :P

17 hours ago, Proseteye said:

That may be the one redeeming part of the entire process. A handful of players may get full or partial scholarships to colleges for their commitment to play football for their entire time at college. And, hoping that they do not get injured or cannot make it academically. So, you are correct in that regard. 

Academically superior students can't get fans to fill an 85,000 seat football stadium, and a million people won't pay for cable TV to watch them do their homework. Athletic scholarships for football and basketball players bring revenue to a university. I imagine that there are very few people who would pay to watch kids take a political science or sociology class. It's more important that these student athletes succeed in the classroom than on the football field. The education will hopefully enable them to secure a career that lasts 40 years and allows them to support a family and secure their future. .