KSA Events 2021

nolebull813

This event was cancelled last year but they are back up and running. Same as every year, out of state teams going out of their way to find the worst Florida opponent imaginable. Still might take 2 or 3 though

First Coast vs Dakota Ridge,CO

Belen Jesuit vs Greeley West,CO

Orlando Freedom vs Ralston Valley, CO 

Windermere High vs Smokey Hill,CO 

Orlando University vs Cedar Grove,NJ

Wakulla vs Delaware Valley,PA

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

This event was cancelled last year but they are back up and running. Same as every year, out of state teams going out of their way to find the worst Florida opponent imaginable. Still might take 2 or 3 though

First Coast vs Dakota Ridge,CO

Belen Jesuit vs Greeley West,CO

Orlando Freedom vs Ralston Valley, CO 

Windermere High vs Smokey Hill,CO 

Orlando University vs Cedar Grove,NJ

Wakulla vs Delaware Valley,PA

I don't know much about First Coast, Belen Jesuit, and Wakulla, but Freedom, University, and Windermere are three of the weakest teams in Orlando area.

Wakulla makes the playoffs just about every year in 5A.  They played for the 5A state championship in 2011 and 2015.  In 2012 they were undefeated and ranked #1 in 5A and were upset by Godby 14 - 7 in the second round of the playoffs.  Godby went on to win the 5A state championship.  Wakulla had defeated Godby quite easily a couple of weeks earlier to win the district championship.  That turned out to be Godby's only loss of the year.  In 2019 they were undefeated and lost to Orlando Jones 21 - 20 on a missed extra point late in the game...they could have easily won that game.  In a crazy season last year they were upset in the playoffs by Pensacola Pine Forest 28 - 21 in overtime.  They manage to win a lot of games without having a complete roster turnover with incoming transfers during each offseason.  Overall they've played in five state championship games and won two of them.  I don't know anything about Delaware Valley.  In 2015 they played Cathedral Prep out of Pennsylvania in this event and beat them easily.  I don't know anything about the other Florida schools on that list.

1 minute ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Nolebull813 I'm hearing the Wakulla game may get picked up by ESPN.  I'm so ready for a normal football season.  Wakulla is having synthetic turf installed...fingers crossed it will be ready for the kickoff classic against Madison in August.

That would be surprising. Does Wakulla have any 4 or 5 star guys? ESPN only airs games with top national recruits. Maybe Del Vall has them. 

27 minutes ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Nolebull813 I'm hearing the Wakulla game may get picked up by ESPN.  I'm so ready for a normal football season.  Wakulla is having synthetic turf installed...fingers crossed it will be ready for the kickoff classic against Madison in August.

Why Wakulla keep dodging madco in regular season.  I understand yall 0- 100 against madison dating back to 2016 . Yeah they 5a team own by madco. 

That would be surprising. Does Wakulla have any 4 or 5 star guys? ESPN only airs games with top national recruits. Maybe Del Vall has them. 

Actually it's ESPN3...supposedly down to the Wakulla game and one other game...not sure of the other teams.  Todd Williams is probably the best prospect coming up at Wakulla.  He's a 6'3" 240ish DE...will be a junior next year.  His dad Todd played at FSU and in the NFL.  The big schools are talking to him...he has a chance to be a good one.

I have the complete history for Wakulla High football. Crawfordville High consolidated with Sopchoppy High in 1967 to form Wakulla County High School. 

I even have some history for Crawfordville and Sopchoppy. Both started playing 6 man football back in 1939 and 1941. 

they played in a 6 man football conference with teams like Florida High, Wewahitchka, Pt St Joe and Jefferson County 

I have the complete history for Wakulla High football. Crawfordville High consolidated with Sopchoppy High in 1967 to form Wakulla County High School. 

I even have some history for Crawfordville and Sopchoppy. Both started playing 6 man football back in 1939 and 1941. 

they played in a 6 man football conference with teams like Florida High, Wewahitchka, Pt St Joe and Jefferson County 

Wow that is great stuff...I didn't realize they started playing back in 1939 and 1941.  You've done a lot of research.  I'm impressed!

1 hour ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Wow that is great stuff...I didn't realize they started playing back in 1939 and 1941.  You've done a lot of research.  I'm impressed!

Crawfordville first fielded a team (6man) in 1939 and Sopchoppy 1941. 

I believe it wasn’t until the late 40’s when Crawfordville started with 11 man ball. I’m not at home so I don’t have it in front of me 

Crawfordville first fielded a team (6man) in 1939 and Sopchoppy 1941. 

I believe it wasn’t until the late 40’s when Crawfordville started with 11 man ball. I’m not at home so I don’t have it in front of me 

I can't imagine watching 6 man football...but I guess they did what they had to do in those days.  It's really great you've done all of this research.  Have you researched other local teams?  Do you live in the Tallahassee area?

7 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

CO schools sure love this event ....

They should like it. Appears that Florida is teeing up some early victories for the teams from Colorado and New Jersey. This doesn't represent an accurate image of Florida HS football.

11 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

CO schools sure love this event ....

They have been coming in droves since 1998. Most of the Colorado teams spend upwards of $50K for the all inclusive trip that includes flights, ground transportation, food hotels and tickets to Disney. So when you spend that much money, you don’t want to ruin the trip with an ass beating. Lol. 

Most teams find the worst opponent available to guarantee the win. Not all. Some teams actually challenge their squads. But the majority want that easy win for the cherry on top. 

I know first hand exactly how the process works. Florida teams interested in playing  submit an application about their team. Then the out of state schools receive the applications and choose the team they want to play. They then reach out to the Florida team and if the Florida team agrees they make it happen. If the Florida team doesn’t want to play because the OOS team is too strong they move on to the next Florida team. Like it’s a menu you are ordering from. 

Problem is we have the dumb coaches in Florida signing their teams up for automatic ass beatings. Teams like Orlando University and Freedom have no business playing top 20 Colorado teams. 

19 hours ago, TRAJAN01 said:

I can't imagine watching 6 man football...but I guess they did what they had to do in those days.  It's really great you've done all of this research.  Have you researched other local teams?  Do you live in the Tallahassee area?

I am from Tampa. I have about 300 plus complete history’s. A lot from the Tally area. 

i have the complete history for Leon, Lincoln, Godby, Chiles, Rickards, Madison County, Wakulla County, Greensboro, Northside, East Gadsden, West Gadsden off the top of my head 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:39 AM, nolebull813 said:

They have been coming in droves since 1998. Most of the Colorado teams spend upwards of $50K for the all inclusive trip that includes flights, ground transportation, food hotels and tickets to Disney. So when you spend that much money, you don’t want to ruin the trip with an ass beating. Lol. 

Most teams find the worst opponent available to guarantee the win. Not all. Some teams actually challenge their squads. But the majority want that easy win for the cherry on top. 

I know first hand exactly how the process works. Florida teams interested in playing  submit an application about their team. Then the out of state schools receive the applications and choose the team they want to play. They then reach out to the Florida team and if the Florida team agrees they make it happen. If the Florida team doesn’t want to play because the OOS team is too strong they move on to the next Florida team. Like it’s a menu you are ordering from. 

Problem is we have the dumb coaches in Florida signing their teams up for automatic ass beatings. Teams like Orlando University and Freedom have no business playing top 20 Colorado teams. 

Decent in Florida = top tier in other states. I reckon that team from Colorado thought Barron Collier was a push over. I believe Braden River also got a win over a Colorado team a few years ago.

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

So when you spend that much money, you don’t want to ruin the trip with an ass beating. Lol. Exactly!!! :lol:

On 6/19/2021 at 12:34 PM, Hwy17 said:

Decent in Florida = top tier in other states. I reckon that team from Colorado thought Barren Collier was a push over. I believe Braden River also got a win over a Colorado team a few years ago.

Braden River was better than that team. That team was the exception to the rule in regards to having a coach actually challenge his kids. 

i remember a few years ago I spoke to the coach at Columbine,CO about playing Miami Columbus and he said they were too strong. He picked Orange City University. Columbine went 12-1 and University went 1-9. 

This is the mentality of these teams

A couple years ago Fairview and Ralston Valley CO both needed opponents. 

East Lake and Largo both really wanted to play. Both teams were ranked under the CO teams on Maxpreps national rankings from the year prior. Ralston and Dakota said no thanks. 

Then East Bay and Bloomingdale were interested in not playing each other to go play the Colorado schools. They were not nearly as good but they were decent enough to maybe spring an upset. The CO schools said no thanks. 

Ralston Valley and Fairview picked Evans and Orlando University. Both games were complete blowouts. Evans finished 1-9 and University finished 2-8. Both Colorado schools finished in the top 20 in their state. 

that is the general mindset of these traveling teams