Which 7A teams have the best chance to Beat STA in 2021

THIS_IS_DILLARD

We all know STA is the king of whichever district they’re in & will be the rightful Favorites in all of their games.

but if STA was to lose a regular season game or playoff game ; which teams have the most realistic chance of doing so ??? @badbird @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @FBGUY1989 @HornetFan @VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2

27 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We all know STA is the king of whichever district they’re in & will be the rightful Favorites in all of their games.

but if STA was to lose a regular season game or playoff game ; which teams have the most realistic chance of doing so ??? @badbird @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @FBGUY1989 @HornetFan @VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2

If I knew their full schedule I would tier the teams with my percentage odds I would give their opponents to win

53 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I have a feeling Dillard can pull the upset in that game. When I see their full schedule, I can give you a more detailed answer.

Lakeland has a team that could conceivably lose 1-2 games in the regular season, and manage to make a run. I can't imagine their defense not being nasty. Offensively, Martin is not a state title caliber QB. And this offense needs such a QB, as the OL figures to be OK, and the skill players also OK. They got 6'5" Winter Haven starting QB Tyler Williams to transfer in. He may not be ready to beat out Martin for the job. But, best case scenario is he emerges as a star. In that case, Lakeland will be a factor. Overall, it's a team loaded with underclassmen talent. They just had no leadership, chemistry or drive last year. Having a young, inexperienced team go without spring practice and being forced off the field entirely during August/September due to some Covid tests will do that.

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I have a feeling Dillard can pull the upset in that game. When I see their full schedule, I can give you a more detailed answer.

I just posted their schedule below, & I believe Dillard has a Great chance.mint because their my school & the school I played for. 

but because they literally bring everyone back but they’re are also getting a few transfers. They have continuity in the coaching staff & most of all they’re not afraid of STA. WHich hurts a lot of teams they are mentally defeated before they even step on the field.

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

STA full schedule is 

Plantation 

Deland 

Pace 

Western 

Cooper City 

south plantation 

nova 

Cardinal gibbons 

Dillard 

Western 

Only Dillard and Gibbons have shots for upsets, it seems. None of these teams seem particularly tough, especially by STA standards. I long for the day when they finally decide to schedule IMG Academy. 

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I can’t wait for the match up when we play them in October we ready 

STA takes advantage of other teams mistakes like no other team in the state. They were outplayed a few times last year. Their offense was average. Defensive TD’s along with special teams scores, doomed their opponents, other than Gibbons. 
If the Panthers can keep their PENALTIES down, they’ll b in the game. Kelly #9, is the best DE in the state. 

6 minutes ago, Jullian said:

STA takes advantage of other teams mistakes like no other team in the state. They were outplayed a few times last year. Their offense was average. Defensive TD’s along with special teams scores, doomed their opponents, other than Gibbons. 
If the Panthers can keep their PENALTIES down, they’ll b in the game. Kelly #9, is the best DE in the state. 

That’s one thing I’m going to be paying attention to this year our discipline because against teams just as talented we won’t be able to get away with being disciplined. 

because we have the team to go all the way.

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

STA full schedule is 

Plantation 

Deland 

Pace 

Western 

Cooper City 

south plantation 

nova 

Cardinal gibbons 

Dillard 

Western 

Western is listed twice. STA I believe is looking for a 10th game because MNW backed out and is now playing Champagnat. I heard that was suppose to be a tv game too. I was told earlier in the week MC put their name in as a potential replacement, but hasn't heard anything back from STA yet.

2 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

Western is listed twice. STA I believe is looking for a 10th game because MNW backed out and is now playing Champagnat. I heard that was suppose to be a tv game too. I was told earlier in the week MC put their name in as a potential replacement, but hasn't heard anything back from STA yet.

That MC would b a one for the books, I’m also worried champgnat won’t have enough depth for MNW 

As of playoff game I'd say Edgewater and they almost beat St. Thomas in 2019. For regular season game maybe Dillard and I'm being nice. I would love for Dillard to beat St. Thomas and trust me anything can happen but until the fat lady sings and she hasn't for yet for St. Thomas I gotta go with the odds. Now if Dillard does best St. Thomas I'd prefer playoff time because then you leave 7A up for grabs

8 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

As of playoff game I'd say Edgewater and they almost beat St. Thomas in 2019. For regular season game maybe Dillard and I'm being nice. I would love for Dillard to beat St. Thomas and trust me anything can happen but until the fat lady sings and she hasn't for yet for St. Thomas I gotta go with the odds. Now if Dillard does best St. Thomas I'd prefer playoff time because then you leave 7A up for grabs

Hell I would love your logic I would rather beat STA in the playoffs rather then in the regular season. To beat them twice in one year will b almost impossible. 

15 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don't think STA will lose in the regular season, but if it does happen, I expect it would be either Dillard or Gibbons. Edgewater should have beaten STA in the playoffs the past two years, but found ways to lose those games. I don't think Edgewater has the team to beat them this year; Edgewater lost too much talent to graduation this year. They still have a big question mark at the QB position. I fully expect STA to hoist the 7A trophy again this year.