Flanagan @ Miramar

BrowardHandicapper

Huge 8A District 12 Matchup here and it is almost fair to say the loser is likely out of Post-Season Play.  Plantation at this point actually appears to quietly be running this District.   Besides the importance of this game this year you have Miramar coming off a roller coaster season last year in which they lost control of the District and allowed Flanagan to jump in the Drivers seat.  That was the first time Flanagan ever beat Miramar in school history and this year Flanagan must head into Miramar's Home.  Miramar appears to be improving weekly.  They appear to have gravitated to a decent rushing attack and I am pretty sure their Defense has had this game circled for 12 months.....Flanagan surprisingly has their backs against the wall as well and last week brought back their original starting QB for the 3rd Quarter.  He did have a nice 30 yard QB Keeper and did throw one INT if I am not mistaken.  Unfortunately, for the Falcons the atmosphere this weekend will be far from the Western High School that they saw.  Miramar would love to play spoiler and they will not leave anything on the field for this one.  This game will surely be sold out , with standing room only.  If you plan on attending it would be wise to get there before 6:30 .

I have seen a few predictions for this match up and they all have it a close game (some Miramar, some Flanagan) .  Expect a very physical game and unfortunately could have lots of flags.  Hopefully for the most part  the refs understand the tone of the game and let these kids ball.

This game right here is VERY interesting to me and dillard dosent even play in it.! but your spot on the loser is PROBABLY out if it but check this out there district consist of.

plantation

south plantation

miramar

flanagan

cypress bay

and I thank that's it and probably western ...don't quote me on that.! but you currently have plantation with a win over Miramar and cypress bay south plantation with a win over Flanagan but a loss to Miramar and Flanagan with a lost to south plantation so if Flanagan loses this that puts them at 0-2 maybe 1-2 in district play and puts Miramar at 2-1 and Miramar loses it will put them at 1-2 with plantation still have to play Flanagan and south plantation this district is all over the place right now so im interested to see how this pans out.

This game right here is VERY interesting to me and dillard dosent even play in it.! but your spot on the loser is PROBABLY out if it but check this out there district consist of.

plantation

south plantation

miramar

flanagan

cypress bay

and I thank that's it and probably western ...don't quote me on that.! but you currently have plantation with a win over Miramar and cypress bay south plantation with a win over Flanagan but a loss to Miramar and Flanagan with a lost to south plantation so if Flanagan loses this that puts them at 0-2 maybe 1-2 in district play and puts Miramar at 2-1 and Miramar loses it will put them at 1-2 with plantation still have to play Flanagan and south plantation this district is all over the place right now so im interested to see how this pans out.

Yes, that is it and you have Western and Everglades who both are improved but still overwhelmed in this District.  Maybe they should have just let them leave with McArthur ;-) last year!  But with the 5 teams that you listed it makes this District very exciting right now.

Flanagan has not seen a ground game this year to that of Plantation and Miramar, but at the same time the Dirty Bird STARTING Defense has not really allowed an Offensive TD this year.  

Flanagan has NEVER beat Miramar on their own field.  Both teams offenses have been nothing explosive.  Even though Flanagan will have Kato Nelson back at QB tonight they may go the safe route and play conservative.  They might respect that Miramar D on their own field. Flanagan may have the starting RB back out but they are still at the healthiest point they have been all season...  I think the difference in this game tonight  will be Flanagan will have their Defense at full force with Samuels returning to his natural CB position.  Outside of a few long pass plays Coconut Creek had on the Falcon Defense, no one has really sustained drives on Flanagan without the help of penalties.  Not sure what Flanagan will put up offensively but I don't see Miramar scoring more than 17 points here.  

Refs kind of let this one get out of hand.  220 yards in penalties on Miramar and 290 yards in penalties on Flanagan- but even the refs couldn't beat Flanagan tonight.   Flanagan's Defense smothered Miramar for the first half and the game.  Miramar refused to shake Flanagan's hands at the start of the game   (technically the Home team has to "great/welcome" the visitor - not that Flanagan wanted to be friendly either)   and they were flagged right from the get go.  Unfortunately 2 Miramar Coaches ejected, 1 Miramar player bumped a Flanagan Coach and was ejected.  Refs ordered both teams in different directions after the game and no handshakes exchanged.   Had to have been 25 police officers on hand throughout the stadium.  I think they were worried there could be a sequel to the 2007 ruckus that made national news.

Flanagan/Plantation next week should be great.  Flanagan's Offense still evolving but making progress and most teams struggle to move the ball on Flanagan outside of penalty yards.  Plantation also has a solid Defense but their ground and pound Offense is clicking on all cylinders right now and outside of STA they are pretty much steamrolling everybody in their way.    

The Miami Herald has reported that Miramar has been fined $750, Miramar DC A.J. Scott was suspended for a game, another assistant Josh Taylor for six games and junior defensive end Owen Carney received a year-long suspension. He couldn't come back until Oct. 2, 2016. 

As of 4 p.m. yesterday, Miramar had yet to appeal. 

Meanwhile, Flanagan's HC says he didn't feel Carney hit him with a forearm. The HC noted to the Herald he believes this is being blown of proportion and disagrees with the ruling. 

In an email to the MH, FHSAA spokesman Corey Sobers said, “Coach Bush [the Flanagan HC] did not see it happen as he was watching the play.” ---- this appears to be in regards to the Flanagan HC getting hit with a forearm by a Miramar player. 

Here is the latest on the Flanagan @ Miramar fiasco written by Dave Brousseau of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel

More @FootballMiramar fallout: Coach Pierre Senatus suspended for Cypress Bay game

Miramar football coach Pierre Senatus will sit out the Patriots' game at Cypress Bay on Friday after he was suspended for one game following fines and suspensions levied against his team Monday.

Miramar principal Maria Formoso, who on Monday declined to suspend the coach at the urging of Broward Schools athletic director Damien Huttenhoff, confirmed Wednesday she later banned Senatus for one game.

Huttenhoff advised Formoso, who took over as principal little more than a year ago, to suspend Senatus for up to three games for his apparent lack of control over his coaching staff Friday, when Miramar hosted Flanagan in what devolved into a penalty-ridden game marred by unsportsmanlike conduct violations and multiple ejections.

The Florida High School Athletic Association on Monday banned Patriots defensive coordinator A.J. Scott for one game and defensive line coach Josh Taylor for six weeks after the two were ejected in the fourth quarter of Miramar's loss to Flanagan.

Even before the game started, Miramar was flagged for not shaking hands with Flanagan players during the coin toss. Later, Miramar’s Owen Carney was ejected after an official witnessed the junior defensive end elbowing Flanagan coach Devin Bush in the back. The FHSAA suspended Carney from all sports for one year.

Senatus, a long-time defensive coach at Booker T. Washington before landing his first head coaching job at Miramar in January, confirmed his suspension Wednesday, but would not comment further.

Athletic director Alex Francois declined to say who would replace Senatus on the Miramar sideline on Friday.

and:

By David Furones

Special to the Miami Herald

Fallout from the contentious Miramar-Flanagan game on Friday continues.

Miramar first-year coach Pierre Senatus was suspended for one game by the school, according to a report in the Sun Sentinel.

The suspension comes two days after the Patriots received a $750 fine, a year-long suspension for junior defensive end Owen Carney, a six-game suspension for assistant coach Josh Taylor and a one-game suspension for defensive coordinator A.J. Scott.

The report states that Miramar principal Maria Formoso on Wednesday banned Senatus for Friday’s district game against Cypress Bay after originally declining to suspend him at the urging of Broward County Athletic Association athletic director Damien Huttenhoff on Monday for apparent lack of control over his coaching staff during the 31-6 loss to Flanagan.

In a copy obtained by the Miami Herald of the report filed by BCAA official Stevan N. Torres from the District 12-8A matchup, Torres states that first Scott was ejected for not leaving the field when asked to do so after arguing a call on a Flanagan touchdown. Torres then claims that Taylor used profane language after Scott’s ejection and was ejected as well. Upon asking for his name, Torres says Taylor told him, “I don’t have a [expletive] name.â€

Torres’ report also indicated that Senatus complied in directing his two ejected coaches to the locker room upon Torres’ request.

Miramar athletic director Alex Francois declined to comment or confirm the suspension when reached by phone.

Senatus did not answer or return multiple phone calls.

seems to be a lot of bad blood between those teams, is it just these 2 teams hating each other or do these programs have issues with keeping peace?

A little of both....Back in 2009 ( I believe) there was a massive brawl where like 54 players were ejected and possibly several arrests.  It made national headlines and over the years Miramar has pretty much got the best of Flanagan until last year.  Now it appears Flanagan has Miramar's number, factor in the schools are about 4 miles apart and you have yourself a nice rivalry.  At the end of the day that ref who did this game with all the drama knew he was being filmed and turned what should have been a flag and a coin flip (a 1 minute process ) into a 5 minute dramatic ordeal.  I guess the ref got his 5 minutes of fame.  Going forward these teams will continue to play a physical brand of football vs each other regardless of how talented they are.