Florida’s greatest that never played a down in CFB.

Jullian

33 minutes ago, Mr. 727 said:

Take Bubba off this list. This man was a whole 28 year old Sophomore at Webber running the ball just 3 seasons ago. He played college ball. 

2482E0BB-3D4D-45F0-8DE2-8FB232A801E2.jpeg

Always good to learn something you didn't know, so appreciative you pointed out that he did play in 6 games that year.

TT Toliver, Mainland High, football, basketball superstar. Point guard on two state championships (95,96), nominated Florida Player of the year in BOTH SPORTS. Although he did play at Hinds (Jr) College in Mississippi he lost eligibility (football) signing with Montreal of the Canadian League ($50K).  He receive no cash, but still forfeited two years of D1 college football. So he started two years of college basketball, at the point position, for Bethune-Cookman. He then went on to the Arena Football League and played for nearly 20 yrs. He holds most all their league receiving records while playing mostly with the Tampa Bay Storm and the Orlando Blazers.

* John Parks 6'4" aggressive strong safety, Seabreeze High. Recruited by Bobby Bowden, along with Sammy Smith (Apopka, FSU) at Seabreeze's cracker box gym in a thrilling basketball shootout. Bobby had the crowd buzzing !!! As a true freshman John was going to play among numerous future NFL'ers, but all that crashed on one grey Tallahassee afternoon when the "Law" chased John off campus, and he fled into a stranger's "occupied" home while trying to hide. Sadly, a very long prison stint followed.  

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Mike Mangold- Merritt Island. 4 star committed to Florida during the Ron Zook era, quit football before ever enrolling. 

I remember this kid. Often wondered if he just did not start. Now I know. Thought he was similar to a kid from Orlando Boone that when to Florida and got buried in the depth chart. Did not know he quit the game.  

On 7/8/2021 at 2:06 PM, Dan in Daytona said:

TT Toliver, Mainland High, football, basketball superstar. Point guard on two state championships (95,96), nominated Florida Player of the year in BOTH SPORTS. Although he did play at Hinds (Jr) College in Mississippi he lost eligibility (football) signing with Montreal of the Canadian League ($50K).  He receive no cash, but still forfeited two years of D1 college football. So he started two years of college basketball, at the point position, for Bethune-Cookman. He then went on to the Arena Football League and played for nearly 20 yrs. He holds most all their league receiving records while playing mostly with the Tampa Bay Storm and the Orlando Blazers.

* John Parks 6'4" aggressive strong safety, Seabreeze High. Recruited by Bobby Bowden, along with Sammy Smith (Apopka, FSU) at Seabreeze's cracker box gym in a thrilling basketball shootout. Bobby had the crowd buzzing !!! As a true freshman John was going to play among numerous future NFL'ers, but all that crashed on one grey Tallahassee afternoon when the "Law" chased John off campus, and he fled into a stanger's "occupied" home while trying to hide. Sadly, a very long prison stint followed.  

I was at the 1995 Mainland-Lakeland game, when Tolliver single-handily won the game for them. It was one of Lakeland's slower teams, and T.T. made them pay.

Willie Shazier (RIP), Pahokee (class of 90 I think), 6’0/6’1, 220 runningback, was committed to Colorado. Was killed 2 months before graduation. His backfield mate, Kevin Bouie went to on to have a good career at Miss St and before that he was the all-time rushing leader for the JUCO ranks. They led Pahokee to their first state championship 

10 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Willie Shazier (RIP), Pahokee (class of 90 I think), 6’0/6’1, 220 runningback, was committed to Colorado. Was killed 2 months before graduation. His backfield mate, Kevin Bouie went to on to have a good career at Miss St and before that he was the all-time rushing leader for the JUCO ranks. They led Pahokee to their first state championship 

How was he killed? 

On 7/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

Kwamaine "Bubba" Brown, Osceola High, best running back I have seen over the last 23 seasons from the Orlando area. He had academic and other off the field issues that prevented him from a college and, perhaps, NFL career. In the State final in 2008 (I believe) against St. Thomas Aquinas, despite playing the game at about 50-60% due to injury in the prior game, he racked up about 140 yards rushing and found the endzone at least once in a losing effort by the Kowboys. 

No real off the field issues.   Committed to KState but didn't qualify.  Went to a Juco Jones Mississippi and had a good first year but didn't return.  Played for Webber in 2018.

Article on him

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-What-If-Bracket-Kwamaine-Bubba-Brown-Timothy-Flanders-recruiting-signed-letter-of-intent-145660054/

Hilite video

12 minutes ago, badbird said:

No real off the field issues.   Committed to KState but didn't qualify.  Went to a Juco Jones Mississippi and had a good first year but didn't return.  Played for Webber in 2018.

Article on him

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/On-the-Record-Gene-Taylor-on-the-financial-state-of-Kansas-State-athletics-167627404/

Hilite video

Thanks for the clarification and video. I think the  KS link is to the wrong article, though. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thanks for the clarification and video. I think the  KS link is to the wrong article, though. 

Players have highlight reels they can string together..  I attended all those games and every game was a highlight reel.  He was unbelievable.  Thanks for sharing as I would not know how to post that.