Florida’s greatest that never played a down in CFB.

Jullian

54 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Players have highlight reels they can string together..  I attended all those games and every game was a highlight reel.  He was unbelievable.  Thanks for sharing as I would not know how to post that.

I attended four live games he played in including the Aquinas game. I was not disappointed by his performance in any of them. It's a real pity he was not able to fulfil his potential. Despite being a little undersized, I think he had NFL potential. 

26 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

4 ....... from the video clips alone, didn't have the good fortune of seeing him live.

Dan, when I say he was the best high school running back I have had the pleasure of seeing live over the past 23 seasons, it is not hyperbole. I am profoundly sorry he never had the opportunity to showcase his talents at the next level. True, he bears some responsibility for this. But I find it painful nevertheless. 

Instead, we are left with what could have been ...

Add me to the list . . . a 5-minute highlight reel where every time the guy touched the ball, he scored a touchdown?!?!  (Oh, spoiler alert).  Taking nothing away from the guy, but those were some pretty well-designed plays with some outstanding blocking, but a lesser running back would not have done what that kid did time after time.   Impressive to say the least. 

16 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Dan, when I say he was the best high school running back I have had the pleasure of seeing live over the past 23 seasons, it is not hyperbole. I am profoundly sorry he never had the opportunity to showcase his talents at the next level. True, he bears some responsibility for this. But I find it painful nevertheless. 

Instead, we are left with what could have been ...

Darter, your word alone is good enough for me. The young man was Amazing (Video). Remember next lunch is on me  :)

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Darter, your word alone is good enough for me. The young man was Amazing (Video). Remember next lunch is on me  :)

We thought high enough of him here, I don't think we've let a player wear #1 since.  Same goes for #40 (Willie Green).

5 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

We thought high enough of him here, I don't think we've let a player wear #1 since.  Same goes for #40 (Willie Green).

I saw first hand what Mr Green could do in '97, '98, and '99. Your Kowboys knock my Bucs out of playoffs three years in a row. 1999 was the worst with your big 4th quarter comeback which I still lay the blame on the Mainland coaching staff( throwing instead of running with the lead) and Mr Green's power running right down Mainland's throat till the bitter end. Funny how 20+ years later it still plays with my emotions.  # I'llneverforget!

14 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

C'mon Dan, I thought that I had finally exposed you to some "classy" eating. lol 

Jam, you did expose me to a gourmet burger and dinner fries but "5 GUYS" across the plaza stole my heart with fried onions and green peppers on two greasy hamburger patties topped with cheese. After awhile though the deluxe $15 combo (burger, fries, Coke) was too much for my wallet and Wendy's was back in charge  :)

4 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Jam, you did expose me to a gourmet burger and dinner fries but "5 GUYS" across the plaza stole my heart with fried onions and green peppers on two greasy hamburger patties topped with cheese. After awhile though the deluxe $15 combo (burger, fries, Coke) was too much for my wallet and Wendy's was back in charge  :)

From a value standpoint, it's tough to beat that $5 Biggie Bag.   :P

11 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Oh man, that overpriced, slab of grease. Well, at least you corrected yourself by going to Wendy's. However, I wish Dave Thomas would have served Pepsi. Oh well. there is always HI-C fruit punch. 

5 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Yes, I hear that will be "pregame meal of champions" when your grandson leads the West Orange Warriors to a High School Football State Title! 

It promotes better vascular health than the standard fare that features lots of red meat. So far, I have avoided many of the middle aged to late life illnesses so common among my demographic. That and walking briskly at least 3 miles a day, 363 days a year have kept my medicine cabinet empty.

I aim to keep it that way. 

15 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It promotes better vascular health than the standard fare that features lots of red meat. So far, I have avoided many of the middle aged to late life illnesses so common among my demographic. That and walking briskly at least 3 miles a day, 363 days a year have kept my medicine cabinet empty.

I aim to keep it that way. 

You don't have to be so serious with me friend, I am just goofing off.