Trenton Football

Tigerfan1

It was 42 to 0 at the half running clock the entire second half, we came up 16  points shy of setting the total record of points scored in the regular season. Playoff starts next Friday and we need to keep winning to get where we want be, Lots of very good teams in the playoffs. 

It was 42 to 0 at the half running clock the entire second half, we came up 16  points shy of setting the total record of points scored in the regular season. Playoff starts next Friday and we need to keep winning to get where we want be, Lots of very good teams in the playoffs. 

probley would have broke it had they not used running clock, lol

If Trenton is beating teams that bad and they cannot at least make it to States it makes a complete mockery of their District and schedule.

If Trenton is beating teams that bad and they cannot at least make it to States it makes a complete mockery of their District and schedule.

Why do you say that Broward? Trenton Played it's 6 game District schedule and then scheduled #1 2014 State Champ Port Saint Joe, 3A Episcapal, and Duval Charter, Plus our rival game with Bell.  

Why do you say that Broward? Trenton Played it's 6 game District schedule and then scheduled #1 2014 State Champ Port Saint Joe, 3A Episcapal, and Duval Charter, Plus our rival game with Bell.  

I just feel if you just put a running clock on EVERY team that you faced this season it represents your team as EXCEPTIONALLY good (relative to your Florida Classification).  That said, there may be 1 or 2 teams that can make it a little bit of a game with Trenton on their road to states but that should be it.  If Trenton were to lose to someone ,  could that opponent have accomplished the same running clock (or even more so ) than Trenton in a more impressive fashion?

My point is I don't see anyway a team that put a running clock on every team the entire season and than fold or lose on their path to states.  If that happens it shows- A. Trenton's schedule may have been week in their prep for states,   B. Coaching    C. The 1A teams/Districts  in the south region are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the 1A teams in the NORTH region  .

I just can't see any team in 1A beating Trenton based on how bad they have destroyed teams this season.  If it happens  they need to put Bell, Hilliard, Hawthorne, and Bronson in a 1B District or something.  

OK Trenton.  Sorry for the confusion.  After touching up my 1A lack of knowlege it appears to basically be a 6 team race. 5 of the teams coming from the South .  Madison County and Fort White will looks like they will battle for  Region III,  Region IV is up for grabs between Trenton, Fort Meade, Pahokee.

I think the Region IV winner would be a favorite to win States.  I think the numbers that Trenton has been putting up this year would have to make them the favorite .  

Port St. Joe should take the Region 1 and 2  and will likely get beat down by the Region 3/4 winner at States.  According to MaxPreps rankings Port . St. Joe is rated 97 in FL.  for comparisons Pahokee is rated 113.  I think Port. St. Joe might be rated a little bit high as a result of their schedule.  The only decent teams that they played was a 13-9 win over Blountsown, and they got slaughtered by Trenton.

I agree with some of what you say Broward, when you have that domination you should expect it in the playoffs. However they should play the best teams in the state(Ft Meade, Pahokee, Madison) in 4 consecutive weeks, so I could see them losing to someone. Looking at the teams they played with winning records, look who else put running clocks on those teams.

St Joe 9-1: Lost to Trenton 48-13, 41-7 @ half

Newberry 6-4: Trenton won 54-6, 40-0 @ half

Dixie Co 7-2: Trenton won 54-10, 20-2 @ half

Chiefland 5-5, Trenton won 58-12, 58-0 @ half. Newberry won 39-0, Dixie 40-6

Episcopal 5-5, Trenton won 49-7, 42-0 @ half. Trinity Christian won 52-7

Williston 5-5, Trenton won 42-14, 35-7 @ half. Dixie won 45-6

They played 6 teams 500 or better, 3 of those teams no one else running clocked them. The others teams I listed who got those guys. Bottom line its going to get interesting.

I agree with some of what you say Broward, when you have that domination you should expect it in the playoffs. However they should play the best teams in the state(Ft Meade, Pahokee, Madison) in 4 consecutive weeks, so I could see them losing to someone. Looking at the teams they played with winning records, look who else put running clocks on those teams.

St Joe 9-1: Lost to Trenton 48-13, 41-7 @ half

Newberry 6-4: Trenton won 54-6, 40-0 @ half

Dixie Co 7-2: Trenton won 54-10, 20-2 @ half

Chiefland 5-5, Trenton won 58-12, 58-0 @ half. Newberry won 39-0, Dixie 40-6

Episcopal 5-5, Trenton won 49-7, 42-0 @ half. Trinity Christian won 52-7

Williston 5-5, Trenton won 42-14, 35-7 @ half. Dixie won 45-6

They played 6 teams 500 or better, 3 of those teams no one else running clocked them. The others teams I listed who got those guys. Bottom line its going to get interesting.

Thx. Captain Morgan , that is basically exactly what I was getting at and you clarified it a little bit with the numbers.  Thx.   I am actually really curious to see how this 1A pans out. There are about 5-6 teams that  are very sound regardless of class.  Will these Playoff games be on the NFHS network or streamed online?

One thing that I noticed while looking at all of these teams is that most of them all put up lots of points .  I have no idea about suspensions, injuries but this is what I would lean:

Region 1 Semi. I would lean Baker over Graceville by 10

Region 1 Semi. I would lean Vernon over Northview by 10

Region 2 Semi. I would lean Port St. Joe over Chipley by 20

Region 2 Semi. I would lean Blountstown over Liberty County by 14

Region 3 Semi. I would lean Madison County over Union County by by 22

Region 3 Semi. I would lean Fort White over Jefferson county by 13

Region 4 Semi. I would lean Trenton over Fort Meade by 14

Region 4 Semi. I would lean Pahokee over Dixie County by 13

According to the Maxreps rankings Pahokee is ranked at 132 in the state.  They might be the most underrated team in 1A .  I think they will be the hardest matchup for Trenton because they appear to have the best Defense in 1A, possibly followed by Trenton's Defense.   They also appear to have played the hardest schedule for all 1A teams. Even if they contain Trenton, I still think Pahokee will need to score 27+ pts to beat the explosive Tigers.   

If i understand Maxpreps ratings correctly it's based on a 10 year period and if Pahokee has a couple of down years in that cycle it will affect how it is scored by there system. Trenton has had some terrible years drop off and with last several good years added it has been more favorable towards us. Also Margin of victory counts in maxpreps as well .

Broward you couldnt have said it any better Pahokee is Underrated but we dont care. We shut out the #1 team in 1a. We just are going to take these one week schedules at a time and play Muck City football.

I here you PahokeeBlue56  but remember, you will have to travel to @ Trenton to play "Muck City" football.  You are also going to have to get that QB healthy in 2 weeks.  You will need points to beat Trenton.  It is going to be a great clash.  One of the best 2nd round matchups in the State!

If i understand Maxpreps ratings correctly it's based on a 10 year period and if Pahokee has a couple of down years in that cycle it will affect how it is scored by there system. Trenton has had some terrible years drop off and with last several good years added it has been more favorable towards us. Also Margin of victory counts in maxpreps as well .

If that is the case with the 10 year period thing it could very well be why they are rated so low.  Trenton is rated at 41 ahead of teams like Bolles, Vero Beach, Coconut Creek ...That is saying a lot for a 1A program - being rated higher than those teams...

If I gave Trenton  , Pahokee's schedule and Pahokee , Trenton's schedule .  Would they swap rankings?