Matchups That You Can’t Wait to See in 2021

THIS_IS_DILLARD

6 minutes ago, skyway said:

How do you expect the 2021 Rockets to compare to 2019 and 2020? About the same? Not quite as good? A little better? Considerably better?

10 minutes ago, skyway said:

How do you expect the 2021 Rockets to compare to 2019 and 2020? About the same? Not quite as good? A little better? Considerably better?

I think they be better then both 19 and 20 

2 hours ago, skyway said:

In my unbiased opinion, on paper it's a defensive masterpiece. The offense is solid as well. However what you see on paper has to show on the field. OL is a concern. Along with chemistry. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

And you wonder why Killian is loading up on transfers.  They get these guys (MC) in the second round; sounds like that could be the championship game.

I heard they let go they coach and hired someone else that’s why all them kids leaving and they had a investigation about the coach getting money from Arizona state 

5 minutes ago, Tony112 said:

Money?  Usually at the root of most of these problems.  If the case for college kids making money off of their likeness is okay, what is the argument for high school kids to not do the same?  Take it a step further, how about those playing in these ELITE leagues?  Where does it end?

10 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Money?  Usually at the root of most of these problems.  If the case for college kids making money off of their likeness is okay, what is the argument for high school kids to not do the same?  Take it a step further, how about those playing in these ELITE leagues?  Where does it end?

I think Fhsaa need to change that rule cause I feel like you gone have people start to sue them over that

1 hour ago, Tony112 said:

I think Fhsaa need to change that rule cause I feel like you gone have people start to sue them over that

I’ve been saying it’s gotten way out of control. 

let college be college , NFL be NFL & let high school stay high school. That’s why you work your ass off to get to the next level because you know as you reach higher level different perks come along with it “Fame fortune etc”

so yeah for the fans of these schools that are super excited as they team get transfer after transfer because in their mind that screams “CHAMPIONSHIP” Yeah that MIGHT! be the case ; but at what cost ???

On 7/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, MC Rockets said:

In my unbiased opinion, on paper it's a defensive masterpiece. The offense is solid as well. However what you see on paper has to show on the field. OL is a concern. Along with chemistry. 

I know the number of transfers on defense has been significant. But, ultimately the kids that are new have to be as good or better than who they replace. Sometimes it works out that way, sometimes not so much. 

On 7/16/2021 at 11:02 AM, Ray Icaza said:

If it hasn't already happened, we will start to see some kids with deals with local businesses. Probably just a select few, or perhaps more if compensation per player is a small amount.

It ends when people realize this is all just a bunch of individuals conducting business to support themselves, rather than the "local team coming together to try to accomplish great things!". It isn't the local team anymore when kids are moving from across the state or now country to play for high profile programs, and are willing to move right back if things don't go as they please. And it isn't even a team when it's nothing more than a collection of individuals with zero loyalty to each other, their coaches or their schools.

Permeates our society as a whole where traditional values are now demonized all for the sake of instant gratification.  Lots of schools however still hold these values near and dear to their heart and good coaches that are in it for the advancement of their young men are a blessing to their community.  Those deserve our thanks and mostly support.  I feel that for the group of coaches we have and extremely proud to befriend them.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, PinellasFB said:

There is no way Central will blow out St John Bosco.  They are insanely loaded on par with Mater Dei and IMG.  Central will always have incredible 4 and 5 star skill players but their line wont hold up against SJB.

I can see it going the same way the STA v SJB game went. Low scoring defensive battle

On 7/13/2021 at 11:23 AM, fishspinners said:

A good friend and I usually pick one game every week to go to between Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, and Polk counties. Here's our tentative 2021 schedule:

8-27: Plant City @ Tampa Tech

9-3: Edgewater @ Venice

9-10: Bloomingdale @ Jesuit

9-17: Lakeland @ Lake Gibson

9-24: Osceola(Kiss) @ Manatee

10-1: Tampa Catholic @ Berkley Prep

10-8: Apopka @ Lakeland

10-15: Braden River @ CCC

10-22: Wiregrass Ranch @ Armwood

10-29: Gaither @ Hillsborough

11-5: Tampa Catholic @ Jesuit

My picks in bold 

On 7/17/2021 at 11:12 PM, nolebull813 said:

My picks in bold 

Bloomingdale has a ton of kids to replace. I don't have the all of the info on their 2021 squad but you'd have to think they're going to take a step back this season. 

Looks like you'd be around .500 with your picks.

3 hours ago, fishspinners said:

Bloomingdale has a ton of kids to replace. I don't have the all of the info on their 2021 squad but you'd have to think they're going to take a step back this season. 

Looks like you'd be around .500 with your picks.

Bloomingdale is the new Armwood. 

Plant City has beaten Tech 2 of the last 3 years. They got a good chance. It’s a tough call. 

45 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Bloomingdale is the new Armwood. 

Plant City has beaten Tech 2 of the last 3 years. They got a good chance. It’s a tough call. 

PC > TBT isn't a bad pick at all.  TBT just took a bit of a hit when their stud RB (Rod Gainey) transferred to IMG. 

So when you say Bloomingdale is the new Armwood, what exactly do you mean?   That their coaches are out there beating the bushes finding players at other schools that would look better in Bloomingdale uniforms?  B)  

Seriously, do you expect Bloomingdale to build on what they did last year?  I was thinking that last year was one of those magical years for the Bulls when all the stars aligned and they went as far as they could go.   I wasn't  expecting them to fall off the cliff this year, but I guess I was anticipating a bit of a retreat from last year's success, with too many stud players to replace.  Have they picked up some key players?

13 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Jax TCA vs AHP

rematch of the great 3-0 battle we had with them last year!!

I wonder if we can pull off a victory on them again. 
what’s y’all thoughts?

I’m torn with this one because as much as me & you are cool and I want your team to succeed I can’t go against the home school I need broward county to represent at all cost especially when we’re playing other counties and etc.  

but I will say this that 3-0 victory was a once in a lifetime type of win, you won’t beat them scoring only 3 points again & the likely hood of holding them to zero! Is also extremely unlikely. 

so I hope you’re OC has something really good lined up because the patriots will adjust from last time.