Who y’all got in 8a rankings

Tony112

7 minutes ago, Tony112 said:

Riverview dnt have the pieces to be real but  I wish them the best on there season I hope they ball next week 

As a lifelong Venice fan, don’t ever make the mistake of sleeping on Riverview. This is likely going to be their best team in years, as they return just about everyone from last years’ squad and look to build up. Also, remember that Peacock and Smithers know each other very well and that no game is a given. In 2019 when Venice got Malachi Wideman from Riverview, the Rams scored first and never looked back. This is the same situation. This game bothers me a lot, and I wish it were played early in the season instead of later.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Playing Riverview late in the season could turn out to be a curse for Venice. They have a lot of returning starters, and they will be playing with extreme emotion due to the transfers of Hayes and Browne. I only hope both teams can manage to come into that game undefeated, but Riverview starts out with severe challenges against Seminole, Palmetto, and Lake Gibson. On top of this, Venice could very well drop that first game to Cardinals Gibbons as well. We’ll see. 

You have 2 advantages vs Cardinal Gibbons. 1) road trip to NW (super tough opp). Dont know if Chiefs have a KOC yet. 2) Home opener vs the Chiefs.  

15 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Confused because your statement was that Riverview is not a good team, but your cousin one of their best players.  If that's the case, why doesn't he transfer to Venice if his uncle is telling him they gonna get blown out.

That’s up to him and his dad I dnt get in to that but him and his dad know that they not good they even said that but he just a sophomore anyway so you never know 

14 minutes ago, Jullian said:

You have 2 advantages vs Cardinal Gibbons. 1) road trip to NW (super tough opp). Dont know if Chiefs have a KOC yet. 2) Home opener vs the Chiefs.  

Being at home definitely helps, but Venice has historically played horribly against teams from South Florida. Traveling to Northwestern the week before is bad because they could get banged up against a team with size like that. Unless you believe Northwestern is going to have a bad year, then I see Venice losing at least one of those games.

I’m worried that the game against Cardinal Gibbons is going to be not only a loss, but a possible blowout which could seriously damage Venice’s confidence and may cause them to falter early on. Cardinal Gibbons beat STA at Brian Piccolo last year and appears to have returned the main core of their players. Venice is going to have their hands full in a big way, Gibbons has elite size on that D line which could rattle Browne early on and lead Venice into bad mistakes that cost them the game. Need to play very well and avoid costly mistakes to win the game.

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Being at home definitely helps, but Venice has historically played horribly against teams from South Florida. Traveling to Northwestern the week before is bad because they could get banged up against a team with size like that. Unless you believe Northwestern is going to have a bad year, then I see Venice losing at least one of those games.

I’m worried that the game against Cardinal Gibbons is going to be not only a loss, but a possible blowout which could seriously damage Venice’s confidence and may cause them to falter early on. Cardinal Gibbons beat STA at Brian Piccolo last year and appears to have returned the main core of their players. Venice is going to have their hands full in a big way, Gibbons has elite size on that D line which could rattle Browne early on and lead Venice into bad mistakes that cost them the game. Need to play very well and avoid costly mistakes to win the game.

Obviously Venice is extremely good and they are priming themselves for a championship type season as they scheduled Edgewater, then Cocoa to follow up their opener.   Will know alot early.

45 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

The Venice I saw last year looked different. If they’re better this year, which sounds like they will be, I think it’ll b a close good game.  Against NW, I think they’ll do better than most think. Anyhow I’ll b rooting for u at Traz! 

42 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Obviously Venice is extremely good and they are priming themselves for a championship type season as they scheduled Edgewater, then Cocoa to follow up their opener.   Will know alot early.

The Cardinal Gibbons game was originally supposed to be away, with IMG traveling to Venice for the preseason game. But it fell through for unknown reasons, with IMG scheduling American Heritage Plantation as replacement. I guess Peacock didn’t want back to back away games of such length, so Gibbons came to Venice. Just wish some of those games were away, Venice I think really has too many home games this season

2 minutes ago, Jullian said:

The Venice I saw last year looked different. If they’re better this year, which sounds like they will be, I think it’ll b a close good game.  Against NW, I think they’ll do better than most think. Anyhow I’ll b rooting for u at Traz! 

I’m hoping for a close game, but history is not on Venice’s side here. I think Cardinal Gibbons will be the one game they lose this season. Northwestern is going to be extremely tough as well. This is one of the hardest schedules in the state, without a doubt. Just hope the players can stay healthy, one way or another.

3 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m hoping for a close game, but history is not on Venice’s side here. I think Cardinal Gibbons will be the one game they lose this season. Northwestern is going to be extremely tough as well. This is one of the hardest schedules in the state, without a doubt. Just hope the players can stay healthy, one way or another.

No doubt, it’s a great schedule! If healthy, you’ll b super battle tested & more than ready for a great post season. 
It’s right around the corner, FINALLY!!!

13 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

The Cardinal Gibbons game was originally supposed to be away, with IMG traveling to Venice for the preseason game. But it fell through for unknown reasons, with IMG scheduling American Heritage Plantation as replacement. I guess Peacock didn’t want back to back away games of such length, so Gibbons came to Venice. Just wish some of those games were away, Venice I think really has too many home games this season

Just wish some of those games were away, Venice I think really has too many home games this season

I never heard of a team having "too many home games", especially if they expect to make a run at a state championship. Don't you consider Venice's hometown fans in the stands to be an advantage?

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

Just wish some of those games were away, Venice I think really has too many home games this season

I never heard of a team having "too many home games", especially if they expect to make a run at a state championship. Don't you consider Venice's hometown fans in the stands to be an advantage?

Well yes, but when you have 8 home games and only two away (in the regular season at least,) don’t you think it starts to become a little excessive? I mean Venice didn’t even want to return the trip to Cocoa this season after Cocoa made the trip two years ago. It just seems unfair to other teams, especially when so many of Venice’s opponents have to travel 90+ minutes to play them.

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I did some state rankings but I won't post it directly on here but if anyone is interested in seeing it let me know 

Post it.  Then, we'll all tell you why you're wrong, misguided, stupid, etc.   Then, you'll get pissed off and tell us why we're wrong, misguided and stupid (and that Lee gets a lot of transfers).   And then we'll just repeat what we said the first time, but use slightly different words.  Then, you'll reply that if we're so smart, we should do our own rankings - which we won't, because it's easier to critique someone else's efforts . . . but at least it will give us something to talk about.     

Isn't that how it works?  :D

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well yes, but when you have 8 home games and only two away (in the regular season at least,) don’t you think it starts to become a little excessive? I mean Venice didn’t even want to return the trip to Cocoa this season after Cocoa made the trip two years ago. It just seems unfair to other teams, especially when so many of Venice’s opponents have to travel 90+ minutes to play them.

I mean Venice didn’t even want to return the trip to Cocoa this season after Cocoa made the trip two years ago. It just seems unfair to other teams, especially when so many of Venice’s opponents have to travel 90+ minutes to play them.

I didn't know that Venice was refusing to travel to opponents, especially to reciprocate on the Cocoa game. I think this stance may work against them over the span of the season. If a team insists upon an unfair advantage such as hometown referees and hometown fans in the stands, it speaks to their credibility; Venice will be lacking come the end of the season. 

24 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I mean Venice didn’t even want to return the trip to Cocoa this season after Cocoa made the trip two years ago. It just seems unfair to other teams, especially when so many of Venice’s opponents have to travel 90+ minutes to play them.

I didn't know that Venice was refusing to travel to opponents, especially to reciprocate on the Cocoa game. I think this stance may work against them over the span of the season. If a team insists upon an unfair advantage such as hometown referees and hometown fans in the stands, it speaks to their credibility; Venice will be lacking come the end of the season. 

You must not know Coach Peacock. A lot of Venice fans do not like the guy; he is known for being very stubborn and arrogant. Venice’s staff never planned on reciprocating as far as a trip to Cocoa went. They were supposed to play Venice again last year, in Powell-Davis for a second straight trip, before it fell through due to the pandemic. That’s why I don’t like having 8 or 9 home games, it makes a team look like they never travel to play good competition and have to stay home to keep unfair advantages within arms’ reach.

15 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You must not know Coach Peacock. A lot of Venice fans do not like the guy; he is known for being very stubborn and arrogant. Venice’s staff never planned on reciprocating as far as a trip to Cocoa went. They were supposed to play Venice again last year, in Powell-Davis for a second straight trip, before it fell through due to the pandemic. That’s why I don’t like having 8 or 9 home games, it makes a team look like they never travel to play good competition and have to stay home to keep unfair advantages within arms’ reach.

That’s why I don’t like having 8 or 9 home games, it makes a team look like they never travel to play good competition and have to stay home to keep unfair advantages within arms’ reach.

I don't know the coach, but it sounds like he may fit the description. That's a shame for the kids because if they are that good, his propensity to try and gain unfair advantage, taints the teams achievements in the eyes of many people that are knowledgeable of how the coach operates. It also makes one wonder if the QB transferring in had an overwhelming desire to play for Venice or if he may have been enticed to transfer by someone trying to gain an unfair advantage, the dreaded "R" word. 

49 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Peacock has that reputation down south too.  BUT some players like playing for dictators & loud mouths. He knows how to coach & motivate! 

1 minute ago, Jullian said:

Peacock has that reputation down south too.  BUT some players like playing for dictators & loud mouths. He knows how to coach & motivate! 

I bet if he were German and had a mustache, his kids would like him even more! (Just being facetious, moderators, please don’t take this in seriousness.)

Makes sense now. Near the end of the Venice v Cocoa games things got intense between Coach Schneider and Coach Peacock because Venice had the game well under wraps then out of nowhere Peacock called a deep bomb for a touchdown when everyone expected them to just run out the clock

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Makes sense now. Near the end of the Venice v Cocoa games things got intense between Coach Schneider and Coach Peacock because Venice had the game well under wraps then out of nowhere Peacock called a deep bomb for a touchdown when everyone expected them to just run out the clock

I think I remember that play, it never should have been called in that situation. Just Peacock being Peacock. But nonetheless, Ryan Schneider is a great man and an even better coach. I had the pleasure of meeting him and getting to speak with him briefly in 2019 when Cocoa made the trip to Venice. A coach of true class, who is very devoted to the game of football. I wish Cocoa all the best this year, I hope they have a very successful season. Except for in Week 3, of course. B)

I think I remember that play, it never should have been called in that situation. Just Peacock being Peacock. But nonetheless, Ryan Schneider is a great man and an even better coach. I had the pleasure of meeting him and getting to speak with him briefly in 2019 when Cocoa made the trip to Venice. A coach of true class, who is very devoted to the game of football. I wish Cocoa all the best this year, I hope they have a very successful season. Except for in Week 3, of course. B)

Just found out Gibbons hosting Miami Palmetto.  Should b a good one. 

7 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I'm hoping the game will be competitive for all 4 quarters and not just a half. Wideman was a major factor in that game.