Who y’all got in 8a rankings

Tony112

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Or maybe Gibbons is slightly overrated. Last year's Palmetto team was stellar defensively, but less than stellar offensively. 

Losing their starting QB during the season was devastating for them with no real backup.  It showed in the playoffs against each team by winning strictly with defense.  We were fortunate to get out with a win at their place only due to a blocked punt late in the game.  This year the path for any team coming out of the south bracket will be much more difficult than last year; if early rankings are any indication the top 5 teams in 8A are all in the south (regions 3 & 4).  From the second round on no cupcakes.

9 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Losing their starting QB during the season was devastating for them with no real backup.  It showed in the playoffs against each team by winning strictly with defense.  We were fortunate to get out with a win at their place only due to a blocked punt late in the game.  This year the path for any team coming out of the south bracket will be much more difficult than last year; if early rankings are any indication the top 5 teams in 8A are all in the south (regions 3 & 4).  From the second round on no cupcakes.

I watched the Osceola vs Palmetto game. It was a tight one. Osceola's D and special teams accomplished what its offense did not. A close game, yes. But I think the Kowboys deserved the win. And, yes, Palmetto was hurt badly without their starting QB, but should have had a back up plan in place.

Regarding early 8A rankings at a minimum two teams in Region 1, Seminole and Apopka, deserve to be in the 8A top 5. Not saying either can beat the "mighty Venice", but both are state caliber teams. We shall see how the season plays out. 

55 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I watched the Osceola vs Palmetto game. It was a tight one. Osceola's D and special teams accomplished what its offense did not. A close game, yes. But I think the Kowboys deserved the win. And, yes, Palmetto was hurt badly without their starting QB, but should have had a back up plan in place.

Regarding early 8A rankings at a minimum two teams in Region 1, Seminole and Apopka, deserve to be in the 8A top 5. Not saying either can beat the "mighty Venice", but both are state caliber teams. We shall see how the season plays out. 

Agree with your analysis on all fronts.  Osceola's D again is a top 5 in 8A without a doubt while the offense will be improved with skill players that return;  O line is young and looked okay, but will need steady growth to contend at the end.  I don't think we should be in the top 5 early rankings and these rankings shouldn't come out till after the 3 or 4th game as they are just someone's opinion.  Regarding Apopka and Seminole, my point is it will probably come down to one of them in Region 1 as I don't see anyone in Region 2 at this point that is better so their path to the final is less rocky.

12 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Agree with your analysis on all fronts.  Osceola's D again is a top 5 in 8A without a doubt while the offense will be improved with skill players that return;  O line is young and looked okay, but will need steady growth to contend at the end.  I don't think we should be in the top 5 early rankings and these rankings shouldn't come out till after the 3 or 4th game as they are just someone's opinion.  Regarding Apopka and Seminole, my point is it will probably come down to one of them in Region 1 as I don't see anyone in Region 2 at this point that is better so their path to the final is less rocky.

Yes, Region 2 will likely come down to Vero Beach, Treasure Coast and Boone. I don't think any of those three will beat Seminole or Apopka unless they get some lucky bounces. 

I think Osceola will get at least to the Regional finals. But you are right, the path to the title game is tougher in the south bracket. It is crazy that the greater Orlando area has teams in Regions 1, 2 and 3. It is both a blessing (possible replay of last year), and a curse. 

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yes, Region 2 will likely come down to Vero Beach, Treasure Coast and Boone. I don't think any of those three will beat Seminole or Apopka unless they get some lucky bounces. 

I think Osceola will get at least to the Regional finals. But you are right, the path to the title game is tougher in the south bracket. It is crazy that the greater Orlando area has teams in Regions 1, 2 and 3. It is both a blessing (possible replay of last year), and a curse. 

We shall see, I know we are better than last year just have a significantly more difficult route this time around and hope everyone on our side understands that.  Round 2 could be vs West Orange a 2nd time, round 3 possibly Venice, Sarasota Riverview, etc.. and finally a strong contender from Miami like Columbus, Deerfield, Palmetto and others.   MURDERS ROW!!

54 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

We shall see, I know we are better than last year just have a significantly more difficult route this time around and hope everyone on our side understands that.  Round 2 could be vs West Orange a 2nd time, round 3 possibly Venice, Sarasota Riverview, etc.. and finally a strong contender from Miami like Columbus, Deerfield, Palmetto and others.   MURDERS ROW!!

Osceola looked great the other night. They should be primed to at least make it to the regional finals.

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Osceola looked great the other night. They should be primed to at least make it to the regional finals.

Offense was spotty, too many negative plays but fortunate to have explosive play capability to overcome them.  Defense stout but had chance for at least 4 turnovers and didn't capitalize on any of those plays (fumbles/interceptions), so easy to find things to improve on.  Just have to focus on those improvements week to week before we are ready for some of the aforementioned teams.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, Ray Icaza said:

Round 2 could be vs West Orange a 2nd time,

I wouldn't look past West Orange; their DL is huge and their entire defense is very aggressive. Their OL is also very big and gives their QB time to find receivers. If Osceola takes them for granted, it could be a long night for Osceola.

40 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Round 2 could be vs West Orange a 2nd time,

I wouldn't look past West Orange; their DL is huge and their entire defense is very aggressive. Their OL is also very big and gives their QB time to find receivers. If Osceola takes them for granted, it could be a long night for Osceola.

How do you figure I am looking past West Orange?  Whether we win the district or they do it is likely we will see each other in the 2nd round.  Thought you said you were good at math?

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

How do you figure I am looking past West Orange?  Whether we win the district or they do it is likely we will see each other in the 2nd round.  Thought you said you were good at math?

How do you figure I am looking past West Orange?

Maybe I just got that idea from your previous post where you stated: Round 2 could be vs West Orange a 2nd time, round 3 possibly Venice, Sarasota Riverview, etc.. and finally a strong contender from Miami like Columbus, Deerfield, Palmetto and others.   MURDERS ROW!!

To me, using my excellent math skills, it appears that you moved right past WO to a few more rounds. Osceola has a strong team and should be a contender; I just don't think they should take WO for granted.. 

49 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

How do you figure I am looking past West Orange?

Maybe I just got that idea from your previous post where you stated: Round 2 could be vs West Orange a 2nd time, round 3 possibly Venice, Sarasota Riverview, etc.. and finally a strong contender from Miami like Columbus, Deerfield, Palmetto and others.   MURDERS ROW!!

To me, using my excellent math skills, it appears that you moved right past WO to a few more rounds. Osceola has a strong team and should be a contender; I just don't think they should take WO for granted.. 

Also have problems with your reading skills.  Prior to the "moving" right past WO part, I clearly point out that our fans should understand:  IT IS A SIGNIFICANTLY MORE DIFFICULT ROUTE THIS TIME AROUND!!   COMPRENDE?  The teams listed are potential opponents every step of the way if we get past the first round.  That said, I still believe we will defeat West Orange but no one is overlooking anybody.

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

You picked them by 2 or 3 touchdowns and now you say they are no good.  Now I know why you go by Tony112; that represents your IQ

112 is average intelligence and almost above average.  Lots of people on this board would be happy with a 112 IQ.  Mainly the band wagon fan from up North that loves the team that plays in the smallest class with the most students and then talks sh*t about other programs and calls them trash.  I won't mention any names.

1 hour ago, badbird said:

112 is average intelligence and almost above average.  Lots of people on this board would be happy with a 112 IQ.  Mainly the band wagon fan from up North that loves the team that plays in the smallest class with the most students and then talks sh*t about other programs and calls them trash.  I won't mention any names.

That might be double the IQ of said fan…

2 hours ago, badbird said:

112.....I thought that was a genius #....I think mine is half that.........

2 hours ago, badbird said:

And still they smack everyone.  And no they don't have the most kids. 

9 hours ago, badbird said:

Jes, I mean yes!