4 weeks till KO classics! What game u going to?

Jullian

16 hours ago, SubZero said:

The FHSAA is incompetent. That's why. 

I'll leave it to others that actually deal with the FHSAA to evaluate their competence. As for schedules, the individual schools should be responsible for posting their updated schedules on their Twitter and Facebook pages if they want to keep their fans informed. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Must of been Evans. Jones replaced the game with Gadsden County. 

Evans has Covid cases on their team. Quarantine time doesn't allow them enough time after coming back to practice in pads. Is this just the first of many this season?

7 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Evans has Covid cases on their team. Quarantine time doesn't allow them enough time after coming back to practice in pads. Is this just the first of many this season?

We will probably have another disrupted season. At this point, Covid-19 is worse in several areas of the state than it was last year this time. I don't see the season being cancelled. But I do see many games being cancelled. Hopefully, Covid-19 peaks by the end of the month and most games get played. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

We will probably have another disrupted season. At this point, Covid-19 is worse in several areas of the state than it was last year this time. I don't see the season being cancelled. But I do see many games being cancelled. Hopefully, Covid-19 peaks by the end of the month and most games get played. 

Mt Dora has about a half dozen players in quarantine, but the rest of their team is able to practice for the time being. A month ago, things were looking up in Central Florida for HS football and I was looking forward to attending all my grandson's games this season, but things could get sketchy with the virus heating up. By some minor miracle and the decision to put the football team in a "bubble" last year, they were able to play all their games uninterrupted last season; I'll have to keep the fingers crossed for this season because there won't be a bubble this school year. There are a bunch of real good 8A teams in Central Florida this year and the games should be exciting; I'd hate to games cancelled or attendance reduced to a minimum.

On another topic: According to today's Orlando Sentinel, Timber Creek just lost their stud 6'5", 320# OT, a kid with over 35 scholarship offers; his dad took a job in Texas and the family is moving there next week. That's a legitimate transfer and will be a severe blow to Timber Creek's offense. I wish the kid well in his new home.

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

As usual, Darter is right with Edgewater just announcing no practice till 08/23 due to Covid.  Think it will be a rocky month for football.

30 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I will be attending Sofa vs Bed.  Bed naturally has a sizable advantage but beware.  Sofa could sneak up and pull an upset.

I recommend Sofa for the first half and then, at halftime, move to Bed for the second half -- that game likely will be a sleeper. 

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

As usual, Darter is right with Edgewater just announcing no practice till 08/23 due to Covid.  Think it will be a rocky month for football.

I wish I was wrong, but, sadly, facts are facts. I just hope this thing does not linger into mid or late September. 

It probably will be a rocky month for the game. I just hope it does not disrupt team's chances of making a deep run in the playoffs.