2016 Head Coaching News

SportsNut25

Welp. It's that time of the year again where head coaches pack up their offices and hopefully get to unpack it in a new office somewhere else.

If you know of any changes, feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll add them to this list. 

NOTE: This site counts coaching changes by season from Aug. 1, 2015 to July 31, 2016. 
---------------------------

School Name
American
American Heritage (Plantation)
Anclote
Andrew Jackson

Arlington Country Day
Atlantic (Port Orange) 
Baker County
Bay
Bayshore
Belleview
Bishop Kenny
Blanche Ely
Bloomingdale

Boyd Anderson
Bronson 
Cardinal Gibbons
Cardinal Newman
Celebration
Central Florida Christian

Chaminade-Madonna
Clearwater Central Catholic
Coconut Creek
Colonial
Coral Reef
Coral Shores
Coral Springs Charter

Cornerstone Charter
Crystal River
Cypress Lake
DeLand 

Doctor Krop
Doral Academy

Dunbar
Dundedin
Duval Charter
East River
Eastside

Ed White
Edgewater

FAMU DRS
Father Lopez Catholic
Fernandina Beach
Flanagan
Fleming Island
Fletcher
Florida Christian

Florida Deaf
Fort Pierce Central
Fort Pierce Westwood

Fort Walton Beach
Franklin County
Freedom (Orlando)
Freedom (Tampa)

George Jenkins
Gulf
Gulf Breeze
Haines City
Hallandale
Hardee
Hialeah-Miami Lakes
Highlands Christian
Homestead
Immokalee
Inlet Grove

Interlachen
Jackson
Jay
Jefferson County
John Carroll
Jones
Jordan Christian Prep
Keswick Christian
Keys Gate Charter
Killian
King
Lake Brantley
Lake Gibson

Lake Mary Prep

Lake Region
Lake Worth
Lely
Lyman
Maclay
Mandarin
Marco Island
Marianna

Merritt Island Christian
Melbourne Central Catholic
Mount Dora
Mulberry
Newberry
North Florida Christian
North Marion

Northview
Oakleaf
Oak Ridge
Orange Park
Osceola (Seminole)
Oxbridge Academy
Pace
Pahokee

Palmer Trinity
Pine Ridge
Plant City
Plantation
Port St. Lucie
Ribault
Ridge Community
Ridgeview
Riverdale
Santa Fe (Alachua)
Santa Fe Catholic (Lakeland)
Seabreeze
Seffner Christian
Seminole (Sanford)
Seminole Ridge
Sickles
Southeast
South Miami
South Plantation
South Sumter
St. Andrew's
St. Augustine

St. John Country Day
St. John Neumann
St. John Paul II

Strawberry Crest 
Suncoast
Sunset
Suwannee
Taravella
Tarpon Springs
Tavares
Trenton

Umatilla
Wekiva
Wesley Chapel
Westminster Academy
Westminster Christian
West Broward

Wildwood
Zephyrhills

TOTAL CHANGES: 142

----------------------------------------

NEW PROGRAMS FOR 2016:

Aukela Christian Military Academy

Avant Garde (Kissimmee) 
Bell Creek Academy
Calusa Prep
Clearwater Academy
Lighthouse Academy
North Florida Educational Institute
Palm Glades Prep

Phenom Academy
Triumph Christian

West Oaks Academy

Dont know why Atlantic (Port Orange) is on this list.  The HC there just got the job in August and from what I know he doesn't intend to go anywhere.  Also, Deland took the interim tag off Shelton Crews and he's the new HC.

Updated the list with some explanations. 

Welcome to the board! 

The "resigned" guy at Atlantic was Buster "How many jobs can you have in a year" Davis and the resignation was just at the start of fall practice, as I recall.  New HC was an asst at New Smyrna Beach.  Tough way to start in a tough situation, but he's solid there now.  I'm curious on the Lopez situation.  N-J had an article back in October that he "might not be on the sideline for the Cocoa game" but gave no reason and nothing has come out on why he'd be dismissed mid-season.

What's the deal on 8 man teams transitioning to 11 man teams? I've posted in a forum or started one before and received little feedback. Even went over to coachuey website and got nothing. Just looking at a way to see if it's something I think can be positive for the school, the athletics, and most importantly the student athletes. Not to mention maybe not ruin my reputation within or out of the state as well. 

Why I keep asking-- because I've been contacted about being the transition guy, taking the bumps to make a program into something respected.

What's the deal on 8 man teams transitioning to 11 man teams? I've posted in a forum or started one before and received little feedback. Even went over to coachuey website and got nothing. Just looking at a way to see if it's something I think can be positive for the school, the athletics, and most importantly the student athletes. Not to mention maybe not ruin my reputation within or out of the state as well. 

Why I keep asking-- because I've been contacted about being the transition guy, taking the bumps to make a program into something respected.

ive honeslty never heard of 8 man team, but i will say that most schools run 11 man teams, im not aware of any state, at least in this region that runs anything else, u might need to tell me a bit about this 8 man team then i can give a accurate assessment

ive honeslty never heard of 8 man team, but i will say that most schools run 11 man teams, im not aware of any state, at least in this region that runs anything else, u might need to tell me a bit about this 8 man team then i can give a accurate assessment

It's pretty popular among smaller private schools and schools who are young and new and still creating their image as a school and a program. I believe it's through FCAPS, I know it's not through FHSAA.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody heard if a coaching change was made at Hollywood Hills, I noticed Al Lang was up in the press box the second half of the season and someone else leading the team and acting as if he was the head coach?

I did not hear anything about it. He has been there a while now. MaxPreps has the coach listed as N/A  http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/hollywood-hills-spartans-(hollywood,fl)/football/schedule.htm

so could be a possible change in place.