2016 Head Coaching News

SportsNut25

• 2 weeks later...

Port St Lucie hired Chris Dent today

Willie Snead resigned from St John Paul II in Boca today.

Greg Meyer resigned from Planty City due to health and OC Robert Paxia will replace him.

Should be a good hire for PSL.  Things can't get much worse then going 1-17 in your last 18 games....

Coach Snead resigning was a bit of a surprise to me at St. John Paull II.  Wonder if he will remain as Asst. AD.

Wishing for better health to former Plant City Head Coach Greg Meyer  and best of luck to Robert Paxia taking over the program.

Tommy Johnson was fired as FWB football coach/AD.

FWB posted a 2-18 record the two years he was there... it'll definitely change some things. 

I hate to see anyone fire a coach in the summer.  Unless you move up an assistant it pretty much screws up your whole year. It just makes more sense to make the move in January so the coach leaving can find something and you have time to find the right man to move forward.That being said 2-18 is inexcusable for a program like FWB to only win 2 games in 2 years.  

FYI - Coach Johnson was let go after he failed to pass teaching certification requirements, per the NWF Daily News. 

PAPER EXCERPT: â€œThere are three state tests that you have to take and I passed one and was working on another one,” said Johnson, who received a two-year temporary certification when he came to Fort Walton Beach as an assistant coach in 2014. “I’m not making any excuses. This is 100 percent my fault and I take full responsibility for not passing the tests in the proper time allotted.”

Coach Johnson's last day will be June 30, per the paper. 

FYI - Coach Johnson was let go after he failed to pass teaching certification requirements, per the NWF Daily News.

PAPER EXCERPT: “There are three state tests that you have to take and I passed one and was working on another one,†said Johnson, who received a two-year temporary certification when he came to Fort Walton Beach as an assistant coach in 2014. “I’m not making any excuses. This is 100 percent my fault and I take full responsibility for not passing the tests in the proper time allotted.â€

Coach Johnson's last day will be June 30, per the paper.

So has nothing to do with 2 wins in 2 seasons?

• 2 weeks later...

FWB is down to 4 finalists for their HC position. Keeping the names quiet but one is from Florida one from Georgia from Tennessee and one from Alabama

Just saw the article on this. 

The principal will be recommending a name to the school board "no later than Friday" and will meet with the four finalists Thursday morning. 

57 total people put in for the job which is also tied to the AD job. 

Fort Walton Beach finalists, courtesy NWF Daily News:

- Philip Dorn, Alabama A&M’s offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

- Dewayne Alexander, who ended last season as the interim coach for Tennessee Tech.

- Chad Fisher, the head coach at Lafayette High in Georgia.

- Robert Ramsay, the only Sunshine State local and Yulee’s head coach.

Fort Walton Beach finalists, courtesy NWF Daily News:

- Philip Dorn, Alabama A&M’s offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

- Dewayne Alexander, who ended last season as the interim coach for Tennessee Tech.

- Chad Fisher, the head coach at Lafayette High in Georgia.

- Robert Ramsay, the only Sunshine State local and Yulee’s head coach.

Some pretty good resumes there....I never knew Fort Walton Beach took their football that serious....  Good to see.