8A Playoff Predictions, I st Round

DarterBlue2

For the fun of it:

Mandarin vs Oviedo - Oviedo by 7 - QB Nick Carbone is the difference maker

Lake Brantley vs Sandalwood - Brantley by 27, triple option offense too much for Sandalwood which does not see it

Timber Creek vs Apopka - Apopka by 31, TC's offensive strength plays into Apopka's defensive strength

West Orange vs Boone - West Orange by 29 too much fire power for Boone

Dr. Phillips vs Stienbrenner - Phillips by 17, DP. has too much experience and too many weapons

Manatee vs Oak Ridge - Manatee by 21, Manatee pulls away late to win comfortably

Osceola vs Treasure Coast - Osceola by 24, ground game wears out TC

Vero Beach vs Gateway - Vero Beach by 17, Gateway just glad to make the playoffs

Palm Beach Gardens vs Boca Raton - Boca by 2, difficult game to pick; could go either way

Atlantic vs Wellington - Atlantic by 35, this should be a blowout

Deerfield Beach vs Plantation - Deerfield Beach by 7, this should be a good game that could go either way

Flanagan vs Piper - Flangan by 40, Piper does not belong on the same field; Flanagan will take its frustration out on them

American vs Columbus - Columbus by 31, another blowout

Coral Gables vs Hialeah - Coral Gables by 41, Hialeah does not belong on the same field

Belan Jesuit vs Southridge - I will take Southridge by 12, but this could be an interesting game

South Dade vs Southwest - South Dade by 35; this is the sleeper 8A team that could make it to Orlando

Anyone have any insights, particularly on the southern half of the bracket?

For the fun of it:

Lake Brantley vs Sandalwood - Brantley by 27, triple option offense too much for Sandalwood which does not see it

Timber Creek vs Apopka - Apopka by 31, TC's offensive strength plays into Apopka's defensive strength

Dr. Phillips vs Stienbrenner - Phillips by 17, DP. has too much experience and too many weapons

Manatee vs Oak Ridge - Manatee by 21, Manatee pulls away late to win comfortably

Vero Beach vs Gateway - Vero Beach by 17, Gateway just glad to make the playoffs

Palm Beach Gardens vs Boca Raton - Boca by 2, difficult game to pick; could go either way

Deerfield Beach vs Plantation - Deerfield Beach by 7, this should be a good game that could go either way

Flanagan vs Piper - Flangan by 40, Piper does not belong on the same field; Flanagan will take its frustration out on them

Coral Gables vs Hialeah - Coral Gables by 41, Hialeah does not belong on the same field

Belan Jesuit vs Southridge - I will take Southridge by 12, but this could be an interesting game

South Dade vs Southwest - South Dade by 35; this is the sleeper 8A team that could make it to Orlando

Flanagan lost Michigan commit LB Devin Gil last night with a broken ankle.  That is November Deja Vu for Flanagan going into the the tough 8A Playoffs.   That is a huge blow to their Defense!  

it helped us too, it let us see where we need to be in order to compete with a champion, i think that came into play when we played bolles, and will come into play for playoffs, we have been tested through war after war with great competiton, we are battle tested and ready for playoffs, best of luck to you all in your game

I am going to take a shot at it later today. Apopka land respects Columbia, as you guys gave us a good workout for the regular season.

I think Wellington keeps it closer to 20 pts vs Atlantic.  I think Deerfield Beach takes out Plantation by 17+. 

Maybe I am reading too much into the Bolles loss and not enough into the St. Thomas win where the Bucs are concerned. If that is the case, then sure, they should win more comfortably against Plantation. Regarding Atlantic/Wellington, Atlantic took down an undefeated Dwyer pretty easily. While Wellington's record seems spotty at best, with some decent results interspersed with some pretty bad ones. I remember either last year or a couple ago, Wellington got to the third round, so you may be correct.

Maybe I am reading too much into the Bolles loss and not enough into the St. Thomas win where the Bucs are concerned. If that is the case, then sure, they should win more comfortably against Plantation. Regarding Atlantic/Wellington, Atlantic took down an undefeated Dwyer pretty easily. While Wellington's record seems spotty at best, with some decent results interspersed with some pretty bad ones. I remember either last year or a couple ago, Wellington got to the third round, so you may be correct.

You know  these teams down in South Florida don't know what to do with that Wing-T stuff.  I think Deerfield Beach  had no clue how to stop that however from that game on Deerfield Beach has definitely stepped it up a notch.  Plantation is one of those teams that will beat all good teams but will generally get blasted by top programs.  They won every game they were supposed to and were slaughtered by Flanagan and STA.  I would put Deerfield Beach at the level of STA and Flanagan.  Plantation is also a little bit small up front on both sides of the ball.  Deerfield Beach, Flanagan, Delray Atlantic, Coral Gables, South Dade and Columbus are strongly your top 8A South Region teams.  I would generally lean Home team in all of those hypothetical matchups vs. one another.  Any of those 6 could get to Orlando in my opinion.

For the fun of it:

I agree with that statement. A lot of people don't know about South Dade. They won state two years ago and missed the playoffs last year despite being 7-3. They play in a tough district and slipped up once against a talented Killian team this year. Other than that game, South Dade has been killing teams this year. I think this year's team is better than the one that one state two years ago. People may think they're a sleeper team because they don't have much championship history in Football, but I would be genuinely shocked if they don't win the 8A title this year. 

I agree with that statement. A lot of people don't know about South Dade. They won state two years ago and missed the playoffs last year despite being 7-3. They play in a tough district and slipped up once against a talented Killian team this year. Other than that game, South Dade has been killing teams this year. I think this year's team is better than the one that one state two years ago. People may think they're a sleeper team because they don't have much championship history in Football, but I would be genuinely shocked if they don't win the 8A title this year. 

@Miamidade92, who do you got in a Coral Gables @ Columbus rematch in round 2?

@Miamidade92, who do you got in a Coral Gables @ Columbus rematch in round 2?

As much as Gables dominated the first game, I'm leaning towards Columbus. Coach Merritt and his staff will be ready for the rematch. I think it's a tall order to beat Columbus twice in three weeks. I could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards Columbus. 

For the fun of it:

Mandarin vs Oviedo - Oviedo by 7 - QB Nick Carbone is the difference maker                                                                                                               Incorrect

Lake Brantley vs Sandalwood - Brantley by 27, triple option offense too much for Sandalwood which does not see it                                          Correct

Timber Creek vs Apopka - Apopka by 31, TC's offensive strength plays into Apopka's defensive strength                                                               Correct   

West Orange vs Boone - West Orange by 29 too much fire power for Boone                                                                                                                   Correct

Dr. Phillips vs Stienbrenner - Phillips by 17, DP. has too much experience and too many weapons                                                                          Correct

Manatee vs Oak Ridge - Manatee by 21, Manatee pulls away late to win comfortably                                                                                                  Correct

Osceola vs Treasure Coast - Osceola by 24, ground game wears out TC                                                                                                                        Correct

Vero Beach vs Gateway - Vero Beach by 17, Gateway just glad to make the playoffs                                                                                                   Correct

Palm Beach Gardens vs Boca Raton - Boca by 2, difficult game to pick; could go either way                                                                                      Correct

Atlantic vs Wellington - Atlantic by 35, this should be a blowout                                                                                                                                         Correct

Deerfield Beach vs Plantation - Deerfield Beach by 7, this should be a good game that could go either way                                                          Correct

Flanagan vs Piper - Flangan by 40, Piper does not belong on the same field; Flanagan will take its frustration out on them                               Correct

American vs Columbus - Columbus by 31, another blowout                                                                                                                                              Correct

Coral Gables vs Hialeah - Coral Gables by 41, Hialeah does not belong on the same field                                                                                       Correct

Belan Jesuit vs Southridge - I will take Southridge by 12, but this could be an interesting game                                                                               Correct

South Dade vs Southwest - South Dade by 35; this is the sleeper 8A team that could make it to Orlando                                                               Correct

15 of 16 in the first round. Some of the scores remarkably accurate. Missed the boat a bit on a few: South Dade, Columbus, Vero Beach and Lake Brantley. And, got the Mandarin/Oviedo game totally wrong as I thought Mandarin would lose. 

15 of 16 in the first round. Some of the scores remarkably accurate. Missed the boat a bit on a few: South Dade, Columbus, Vero Beach and Lake Brantley. And, got the Mandarin/Oviedo game totally wrong as I thought Mandarin would lose. 

Very impressive DarterBlue2.   There should be a lot less blowouts this week.  I look forward to your picks next week.

Who's better and have a shot representing the south Flanagan or Atlantic.

Coral Gables . Coral Gables Defense is on fire right now.

No but for real I still think Flanagan missing their second best player LB Devin Gil will catch up to them - maybe against Deerfield Beach.  Assuming Flanagan can get by Deerfield Beach, I think whoever is Home in Flanagan/Atlantic wins that one.  Overall , I think Flanagan would represent the South better because they have seen a harder schedule than Atlantic.  It would also be their second time around at a deep playoff run.