FINAL CM 16 DILLARD 0

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Going up against the 50th ranked team in the NATION 

PROS: BOTH teams defense is TOP 5 In the state EASY! they both are big on the inside. Chaminade is going to cause a lot of problems this year on defense so Will Dillard.

CONS: Dillards OL looked overmatched at times vs CM monstrous D LINE, but it is KOC against a national ranked opponent, so I will cut some slack, but MOST DEF need to improve if we were gonna be victorious VS the bucks and the raiders.

The lions O LINE had more trouble then success vs Dillards D Line & could never find a consistent rhythm but made enough plays to put two TDS up and a FG on Dillards sloppy play and penalties. 

ALL in ALL the REAL GAMES BEGIN next week, as for my panthers they stood in the paint and held their own against a nationally ranked opponent, so even in a loss there is a lot to look forward to and I can’t wait to see how we adjust , I’ll most def be down for the Deerfield game in 2 weeks go panthers.

@VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2 

Lions pitch a shutout. Not good! Don’t care how high they ranked. Chatted with Mz Kelly. She wasn’t very happy. Gotta improve a lot by Bucks game. Pretty disappointing. 

43 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Lions pitch a shutout. Not good! Don’t care how high they ranked. Chatted with Mz Kelly. She wasn’t very happy. Gotta improve a lot by Bucks game. Pretty disappointing. 

I was chatting with you on there that was me. 

as a panthers fanatic I wasn’t happy either but someone had to lose, and our starters was pulled late third Qt.

CM is a dam good team which showed why they are ranked 50 in the NATION. It showed Dillard what they can expect to see in DFB & STA & make Adjustments. 

one of the biggest things that stood out to me was Dillard held their own even in a shutout they fought all the way to the end and never let the game get laughable.

granted a loss is a loss but one thing Dillard showed is that they can hang and their gonna be a problem , of course some adjustments are gonna have to be made & a few minor things need to be cleaned up, but that’s exactly what this game was for.

now if we were str8 up embarrassed I would be highly alarmed, but how I see it you had two monstrous defensive teams going at it & we came up short. Fix it get it right next week.

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I was chatting with you on there that was me. 

as a panthers fanatic I wasn’t happy either but someone had to lose, and our starters was pulled late third Qt.

CM is a dam good team which showed why they are ranked 50 in the NATION. It showed Dillard what they can expect to see in DFB & STA & make Adjustments. 

one of the biggest things that stood out to me was Dillard held their own even in a shutout they fought all the way to the end and never let the game get laughable.

granted a loss is a loss but one thing Dillard showed is that they can hang and their gonna be a problem , of course some adjustments are gonna have to be made & a few minor things need to be cleaned up, but that’s exactly what this game was for.

now if we were str8 up embarrassed I would be highly alarmed, but how I see it you had two monstrous defensive teams going at it & we came up short. Fix it get it right next week.

Gotcha! Long way to go! 

• 5 weeks later...

The fact that Dillard trailed only 9-0 with 5 min left to go in the fourth Qt says a lot especially seeing what they did to the number 1 GA team 2 nights ago. 

And Buford is a team full of recruits and was held to ZERO points same as Dillard a Team that doesn’t recruit nor get boat loads of transfers. 

again NO team wants to be shut out but looking back on that game and fast forward to now, Dillard is most def nationally elite and gave this fully loaded national power house all they could handle. @Jullian @VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2 

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

The fact that Dillard trailed only 9-0 with 5 min left to go in the fourth Qt says a lot especially seeing what they did to the number 1 GA team 2 nights ago. 

And Buford is a team full of recruits and was held to ZERO points same as Dillard a Team that doesn’t recruit nor get boat loads of transfers. 

again NO team wants to be shut out but looking back on that game and fast forward to now, Dillard is most def nationally elite and gave this fully loaded national power house all they could handle. @Jullian @VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2 

At this stage, Dillard is a very good Florida high school team, that has a shot at taking down St. Thomas. I would not make you a favorite to do it, but I do give Dillard a chance. If you do, at that stage, I would regard Dillard as likely being Nationally elite. For now, I would just say you are a top 25 Florida team. Where in the top 25 is yet to be determined. 

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

At this stage, Dillard is a very good Florida high school team, that has a shot at taking down St. Thomas. I would not make you a favorite to do it, but I do give Dillard a chance. If you do, at that stage, I would regard Dillard as likely being Nationally elite. For now, I would just say you are a top 25 Florida team. Where in the top 25 is yet to be determined. 

I can respect that 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I’ll most def say top 10 tho more then top 25 when you look at how Dillard is constructed it’s not a team of transfers or recruits when you look at most of the top 10 they’re private and or heavily recruit Dillard is doing what they’re doing from the bottom up which started in 2018.

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’ll most def say top 10 tho more then top 25 when you look at how Dillard is constructed it’s not a team of transfers or recruits when you look at most of the top 10 they’re private and or heavily recruit Dillard is doing what they’re doing from the bottom up which started in 2018.

The problem I have with top 10, is that aside from Deerfield, you have not yet played top tier competition. It is very hard to judge how good a team is that demolishes Cooper City and Ely. 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The problem I have with top 10, is that aside from Deerfield, you have not yet played top tier competition. It is very hard to judge how good a team is that demolishes Cooper City and Ely. 

We haven’t played ely yet & through this run of 26 consecutive wins we’ve beaten Miami Columbus who had all star parish at RB who won state that year, we played blew out 1A powerhouse pahokee who participated in the 1A semifinal. 

we blew out NMB in the first ever tri county title who beat killian who was running through everyone. We also beat the #1 team in the muck last year who came in undefeated & had blew out everyone before they was blowed out by us.

everyone has looked at Deerfield as 8A powerhouse & title fav, & over 90% of the posters picked Deerfield to beat us, outside of us Deerfield has demolished all of their opponents but was blew out by us. “That says something”

to consider yourself “NATIONALLY ELITE” you have to be able to beat or hang with a nationally elite team & we did that with chaminade whose top 30 nationally now ; before Dillard would have been blown off the field. Instead it was only 9-0 with 4 min to go in the 4th.  

& remember we’re doing this with no boat load of transfers no recruiting & yet in many many polls were ranked top 5 in the state of florida #2 in 7A & top 100 nationally by maxpreps & #41 in the nation by calpreps. 

22 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We haven’t played ely yet & through this run of 26 consecutive wins we’ve beaten Miami Columbus who had all star parish at RB who won state that year, we played blew out 1A powerhouse pahokee who participated in the 1A semifinal. 

we blew out NMB in the first ever tri county title who beat killian who was running through everyone. We also beat the #1 team in the muck last year who came in undefeated & had blew out everyone before they was blowed out by us.

everyone has looked at Deerfield as 8A powerhouse & title fav, & over 90% of the posters picked Deerfield to beat us, outside of us Deerfield has demolished all of their opponents but was blew out by us. “That says something”

to consider yourself “NATIONALLY ELITE” you have to be able to beat or hang with a nationally elite team & we did that with chaminade whose top 30 nationally now ; before Dillard would have been blown off the field. Instead it was only 9-0 with 4 min to go in the 4th.  

& remember we’re doing this with no boat load of transfers no recruiting & yet in many many polls were ranked top 5 in the state of florida #2 in 7A & top 100 nationally by maxpreps & #41 in the nation by calpreps. 

Each year is a new year. Last year and the year before is only relevant if you have kids this year that played on and contributed to those teams. I am not hating on Dillard. I think they are very good. I am just not sure whether they are elite good. 

Time will tell. You may be right in being very high on them, or you may be disappointed. Let the season play out. If you win a title celebrate it after the final whistle. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Each year is a new year. Last year and the year before is only relevant if you have kids this year that played on and contributed to those teams. I am not hating on Dillard. I think they are very good. I am just not sure whether they are elite good. 

Time will tell. You may be right in being very high on them, or you may be disappointed. Let the season play out. If you win a title celebrate it after the final whistle. 

90% of our team has been on our team since freshman year from jv on up they’ve all rode the ride together through our coach suddenly passing & everything this has been a brother hood & a family. 

With STA less then 10 min up the street, AHP & GB 15 min away & etc we haven’t had the luxury to get rich with transfers.

but to only classify us as elite iF! We beat STA a national private school who recruits nationally & have the best of the best facilities & coaching staff is a lil tough don’t you think. 

& I know you’re just giving your opinion so I’m not at all offended I’m just saying the turn around Dillard has done in the last 2 years is no short of remarkable & we have shown that we can compete & beat great talented teams. 

when you have two nationally ranked teams play each other & one lose ..does that automatically make the other team no longer elite ? But I do agree & as I’ve stated it’s a long season & a lot can happen , but I don’t think a regular public school should be measured on how they do vs a private school full of recruites who would be in a catholic district in DC. 

90% of our team has been on our team since freshman year from jv on up they’ve all rode the ride together through our coach suddenly passing & everything this has been a brother hood & a family. 

With STA less then 10 min up the street, AHP & GB 15 min away & etc we haven’t had the luxury to get rich with transfers.

but to only classify us as elite iF! We beat STA a national private school who recruits nationally & have the best of the best facilities & coaching staff is a lil tough don’t you think. 

& I know you’re just giving your opinion so I’m not at all offended I’m just saying the turn around Dillard has done in the last 2 years is no short of remarkable & we have shown that we can compete & beat great talented teams. 

when you have two nationally ranked teams play each other & one lose ..does that automatically make the other team no longer elite ? But I do agree & as I’ve stated it’s a long season & a lot can happen , but I don’t think a regular public school should be measured on how they do vs a private school full of recruites who would be in a catholic district in DC. 

You know me & I know you so I can b super honest. I don’t look at the regular season win streak as anything phenomenal. You hang your hat on 1 1/2 games: Columbus & half a game with Deerfield. The Tri County championship was like the Div 3 championships ncaa compared to the real National Championship game. (Plus the Covid era). The game with STA will b the measuring tape. Jesuit was considered a good team till they beat Aquinas. They’re the 6a favorite now. A team is considered great when they win the Florida State Championships.  The playoffs.  Panthers defense is real good. Their offense is good. Their coaching is certainly better. I hope they beat STA twice & make it to the State Finals. 

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

You know me & I know you so I can b super honest. I don’t look at the regular season win streak as anything phenomenal. You hang your hat on 1 1/2 games: Columbus & half a game with Deerfield. The Tri County championship was like the Div 3 championships ncaa compared to the real National Championship game. (Plus the Covid era). The game with STA will b the measuring tape. Jesuit was considered a good team till they beat Aquinas. They’re the 6a favorite now. A team is considered great when they win the Florida State Championships.  The playoffs.  Panthers defense is real good. Their offense is good. Their coaching is certainly better. I hope they beat STA twice & make it to the State Finals. 

I agree & hope we make it there , ijs u got one school that nationally recruit with top D1 vs a team with not even 5 transfers.

jesuit is also a private school who steals talent & bring them in from middle school to high, all I’m saying is wether we win or lose vs St Thomas which 98% of Florida do , it doesn’t take away the fact that Dillard is most def a top 10 school in Florida.

I agree & hope we make it there , ijs u got one school that nationally recruit with top D1 vs a team with not even 5 transfers.

jesuit is also a private school who steals talent & bring them in from middle school to high, all I’m saying is wether we win or lose vs St Thomas which 98% of Florida do , it doesn’t take away the fact that Dillard is most def a top 10 school in Florida.

That I agree with. It’ll b interesting to see how Deerfield does with Rockledge this weekend. That could give u a boost in recognition & accomplishment.