Week 0 surprises???

Jullian

Certainly a couple of surprises in there. Gotta throw those 2nd quarter games out the window though. Lakeland and East Bay were 0-0 in the 2nd and that one ended up 41-0.

Another game that ended in the 2nd quarter was Newsome @ Palmetto. It was 7-7 at that point but some questions I had were answered about Palmetto. Their freshman QB " Baby Tebow" is as good as advertised. Their transfer RB from Braden River who went for 1000/13 last season looked nice. And their transfer WR from Riverview looked pretty nice as well. Palmetto looks like they're atleast on par with the last two season's teams and that's saying something. @ColumbiaHighFan2017class

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Lake Minneola 36 DP 0

Rickards 28 TC 28

Andrew Jackson 14 Mainland 7

Armwood 28 BTW 12

Wildwood 40 Newberry 0

PK Yonge 8 Trin Cath 6 (2 qtrs)

Boca Ciega 14 Mitchell 6 (2 qtrs)

Riverside(Lee?) 25 B Trail 7

P Park 3 Lakewood 0 (2 qtrs)

how bout you?

Jackson vs mainland was 2 quarters as well 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Lake Minneola 36 DP 0

Rickards 28 TC 28

Armwood 28 BTW 12

Wildwood 40 Newberry 0

how bout you?

Not that it will be earth shaking, but Celebration's victory over St. Cloud was also big surprise. 

I was not shocked LM beat DP, but the margin of victory was shocking!

On 8/21/2021 at 3:37 PM, Jullian said:

Lake Minneola 36 DP 0

Rickards 28 TC 28

Armwood 28 BTW 12

Wildwood 40 Newberry 0

how bout you?

Hey Jullian.

Since I see you do at times follow Trinity Catholic . What exactly happened in the OTC/P K Yonge game? From everything I've seen the Celtics are on track to challenge for the 3A championship this season. Did they not play their starters or is P K Yong that good? :unsure:

A surprise to me was Godby almost beating the number 1 team from the state of Virginia. 

Godby isn’t even the top team from Tallahassee and Tally is a very weak area for football. 

Godby was down 14-8 and recovered a fumble 99 yards for a touchdown and they blew it dead because of an “inadvertent” whistle from a referee. So they had to take the ball at their own 20 instead of tying the game. They barely lost 22-16. 

And this was the top team in VA with double digit Division 1 recruits. 

That was a surprise for sure 

18 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Hey Jullian.

Since I see you do at times follow Trinity Catholic . What exactly happened in the OTC/P K Yonge game? From everything I've seen the Celtics are on track to challenge for the 3A championship this season. Did they not play their starters or is P K Yong that good? :unsure:

Proseteye

Theres a guy on ScoreStream, Steve, who know Ocala teams well. He posted a couple paragraphs on how well they are stocked for the season. Couple top athletes from Forrest transferred over. He didn’t post anything after the game, but it sure was a head scratcher.  They played a half vs PK & another team which beat em too. 

6 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Miami Central getting stomped by SJB should not be a surprise.  Many of us predicted it here.  They just cant match up with the size of SJB who might even be able to beat IMG on a good day.

MC would have fared better if the game was a couple weeks in. They made some bone headed mistakes in the beginning and went down 21-0 in a flash they couldn’t recover. I’m not saying they would win later but there are countless of cases where teams play each other twice in one season and split the games. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

MC would have fared better if the game was a couple weeks in. They made some bone headed mistakes in the beginning and went down 21-0 in a flash they couldn’t recover. I’m not saying they would win later but there are countless of cases where teams play each other twice in one season and split the games. 

Starting QB injuring his throwing hand early in the second half didn't help either; they seemed to be getting a bit of momentum when he went down.  Once the backup settled in he did a decent job under fire.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

Not that it will be earth shaking, but Celebration's victory over St. Cloud was also big surprise. 

I was not shocked LM beat DP, but the margin of victory was shocking!

After seeing DP in the Spring Jamboree and with LM adding several difference makers via transfer, I'm not surprised that DP was blown out by LM. DP is not the team they've been in recent years.

18 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

After seeing DP in the Spring Jamboree and with LM adding several difference makers via transfer, I'm not surprised that DP was blown out by LM. DP is not the team they've been in recent years.

I was there, too. They had talent on the field but the kids were not into the game. I thought that over the summer they would have gotten their act together. There are an old hand at being competitive both locally and in the playoffs. 

If this is the beginning of a drought, I am saddened as I usually look forward to the DP/Apopka game which has been a rivalry since the teams were in the same district. 

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I was there, too. They had talent on the field but the kids were not into the game. I thought that over the summer they would have gotten their act together. There are an old hand at being competitive both locally and in the playoffs. 

If this is the beginning of a drought, I am saddened as I usually look forward to the DP/Apopka game which has been a rivalry since the teams were in the same district. 

DP showed nothing in he Spring Jamboree against Apopka or Winter Park. Apopka's varsity played without new transfer QB Andrew McClain and had their way with DP to the tune 0f 21-0 in just less than a half. WP varsity played one quarter against DP and had then down 12-0. I expect that Apopka will have DP on a running clock early in the 3rd quarter when they play September 10th. It may even be worse for DP when they play at West Orange on October 1st, Cocoa the following week, and then Osceola a week later. All of those games may be blowouts.

14 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

DP showed nothing in he Spring Jamboree against Apopka or Winter Park. Apopka's varsity played without new transfer QB Andrew McClain and had their way with DP to the tune 0f 21-0 in just less than a half. WP varsity played one quarter against DP and had then down 12-0. I expect that Apopka will have DP on a running clock early in the 3rd quarter when they play September 10th. It may even be worse for DP when they play at West Orange on October 1st, Cocoa the following week, and then Osceola a week later. All of those games may be blowouts.

Maybe you should have a heart to heart with HS football expert Buddy Collins of the Orlando Sentinel.  He just published his rankings and has DP ranked ahead of WP.  Reckon he has some insider info??