Who will win each division Prediction Thread

peezy28

You talking to a team who would play and had played St.Thomas Aquinas,Hallendale and American Heritage plantation we are afraid of no team win lose or draw. But our team has mature Alot over the season.

Glades Central was not scared when they played AHD or Atlantic either this year.  Unfortunately, when you are outscored 61-26 it does not matter how big your ba11$ are.

Glades Central is a great team and has the talent to play with the best but they will generally get beat by the elite Defenses in South Florida.  Coral Gables, STA, Columbus, South Dade, Flanagan, AHP and Deerfield Beach would shut Glades Central down.  Even when they played AHD and Delray Atlantic they scored 19 and 7 pts.  It is not fair to say they do not match up well vs. strong Defensive teams?

You still don't get it do you??? Kneecapper they lost still. I get it we allowed it Alot of points but we still get the job done. Our defense is resilient.

You know what.   I think I actually do get it.  At the end of the day...Glades Central were bullies.  They were so resilient that they lost to EVERY team that had a better Defense than them.  

American Heritage Delray 35-10, Delray Atlantic 26-7, and Booker T. Washington 35-21 .  

I'm hella suprise...

I thought it would be closer, but did not think Hallandale could do it @ AHP.  I am not shocked though. The way they got handled in that fist game, it got out of control by halftime.  Part of me thinks Hallandale threw in the towel early in that game, accepted the loss and did not show them all of their Offense.  Kind of make AHP , be assertive that they have Hallandale's number.      I would be willing to bet  Hallandale threw some stuff at AHP today that that they didn't run against anybody this year.  Hallandale's offense is that dynamic.  Not to mention, their Defense showed up tonight.  Hallandale's Offense when they are on might be the best in South Florida.  

I thought it would be closer, but did not think Hallandale could do it @ AHP. I am not shocked though. The way they got handled in that fist game, it got out of control by halftime. Part of me thinks Hallandale threw in the towel early in that game, accepted the loss and did not show them all of their Offense. Kind of make AHP , be assertive that they have Hallandale's number. I would be willing to bet Hallandale threw some stuff at AHP today that that they didn't run against anybody this year. Hallandale's offense is that dynamic. Not to mention, their Defense showed up tonight. Hallandale's Offense when they are on might be the best in South Florida.

They even made their extra points tonight lol

updated:

1A: Trenton

2A: University Christian

3A: Trinity Christian

4A: Cocoa

5A: Hallandale

6A: Mainland or Miami Central

7A: N/a

8A: Dr Phillips

1A Trenton

2A University Christian

3A Trinity Christian

4A Booker T. Washington

5A Bishop Moore

6A Miami Central

7A Columbia

8A Columbus (but I could see either Flanagan or West Orange winning as well). It is that close.

1A Trenton

2A University Christian

3A Trinity Christian

4A Booker T. Washington

5A Bishop Moore

6A Miami Central

7A Columbia

8A Columbus (but I could see either Flanagan or West Orange winning as well). It is that close.

my picks 1-3 were almost locks but with exception of 7A which i never answered to all my picks from 4A-8A got knocked out last week, well 6A was me picking that winner of mainland vs central would win title, so we shall see on that one

our coach should have won coach of the year, he detitcates so much time into the program, and not just him but the entire staff, they spend countless hours preparing our team, wether its during the week or coming up during weekends to break down film, they put so much time into the program, im glad we have been able to make this deep run, it goes to show if u put in the work, u get results

Do you all think the talent poll is better down south then it is up in the North?

Yes and no. I think several factors have driven the south's dominance over the north in recent years. I will list the ones I consider important:

1. In the Dade/Broward area, there is more population concentration than in the rest of the state.

2. Based on the dispersion of this population (concentration in certain neighborhoods), certain public schools get a disproportionate draw of the talent (in another post you mentioned the schools that sucked in Dade (Braddock, Varela, etc.). In the Orlando area, with a few exceptions, the talent is more spread out (there is no little Havana or little Haiti in Orlando). Thus, a number of schools are pretty good from year to year but lack the extra 3 or 4 kids to take it to the next level.

3. Many of the north's coaches still cling to running traditional offensive schemes that may not necessarily cater to the talent they have.

4. Overall, certain areas on the south do have a greater overall number of elite, talented individuals.

In any event, I think power balances shift with the passage of time. At some stage, I don't know when, we will see a shift again. For now South Florida, particularly Dade and Broward (to a lesser extent if you exclude St Thomas), is enjoying its day in the sun. It should be savored while it lasts.   

Yes and no. I think several factors have driven the south's dominance over the north in recent years. I will list the ones I consider important:

1. In the Dade/Broward area, there is more population concentration than in the rest of the state.

2. Based on the dispersion of this population (concentration in certain neighborhoods), certain public schools get a disproportionate draw of the talent (in another post you mentioned the schools that sucked in Dade (Braddock, Varela, etc.). In the Orlando area, with a few exceptions, the talent is more spread out (there is no little Havana or little Haiti in Orlando). Thus, a number of schools are pretty good from year to year but lack the extra 3 or 4 kids to take it to the next level.

3. Many of the north's coaches still cling to running traditional offensive schemes that may not necessarily cater to the talent they have.

4. Overall, certain areas on the south do have a greater overall number of elite, talented individuals.

In any event, I think power balances shift with the passage of time. At some stage, I don't know when, we will see a shift again. For now South Florida, particularly Dade and Broward (to a lesser extent if you exclude St Thomas), is enjoying its day in the sun. It should be savored while it lasts.

The thing is for Dade in particular we have hoods next to hood next to hoods if you get my drift and the kids mainly play football then track then back to football year round.... It's competetive from the early start......

@DarterBlue2 look at Evans high school out of Pine Hills in Orlando. The Trojans have a population of 2600 students and over the last 3 years they are 3-27 not making the playoffs. Cypress Creek out of Orlando has 3100 students and they went 1-9 not making the playoffs. Is Apopla, West Orange and Dr. Phillips near Evans and Cypress Creek because if so that would explain the decline in talent. With all of these students talent should be coming in somwhow. Booker T. Washington well we all know about Miami schools is going to states for the 5th straight year chasing their 4th state title and the enrollment is 900 students.

@Zoe Boy You're are right because Jackson for instance is in Allapattah, but down the street going south you have Booker T. Washington which is in Overtown and the north you have Northwestern which is in liberty City. For Jackson it's hard to pull in talent and for those that don't know or remember before Booker T. Washington reopened as a high school majority of the kids attend Jackson, while the rest went to Miami and Miami Beach which would explain why those schools used to be good.

The thing is for Dade in particular we have hoods next to hood next to hoods if you get my drift and the kids mainly play football then track then back to football year round.... It's competetive from the early start......

Yes and no on that. I am fairly familiar with Dade (my sister lives in North Dade), and I don't necessarily consider Norland, Carol City, Miramar, or even Hallandale (the last two are South Broward schools, but have attracted Dade talent at times), to be hood schools. But all have had very good football talent at one time or another. But yes, having Northwestern next to Central, etc. does also provide another advantage: The talent can easily transfer to the school (or two schools) that have the best chance to win a state title in a given year. Dade is a more population concentrated County than the Orlando area, which has over 1.4 million people (but they are spread out over more miles); so to go from say Apopka to West Orange, you would have to either move or own a car as the commute would cause problems and unless you were in a specific program, you would not be bussed there. 

@DarterBlue2 That's the same thing I said in regards to Columbus. Trust me you talking about a rich preppy all boys top of the line A rated school every year and if a black parent can get their child in via football, track or basketball the 3 mainly sports blacks play they would especially on a free ride. Oh and you're right about Norland, Carol City and Miramar those are middle class neighborhoods not inner city. Hallandale area is mixture though.

@DarterBlue2 look at Evans high school out of Pine Hills in Orlando. The Trojans have a population of 2600 students and over the last 3 years they are 3-27 not making the playoffs. Cypress Creek out of Orlando has 3100 students and they went 1-9 not making the playoffs. Is Apopla, West Orange and Dr. Phillips near Evans and Cypress Creek because if so that would explain the decline in talent. With all of these students talent should be coming in somwhow. Booker T. Washington well we all know about Miami schools is going to states for the 5th straight year chasing their 4th state title and the enrollment is 900 students.

Evans's major problem is not currently poaching of its talent pool (which is very good, as I think you know). It has to do with school administration and its attitude toward football. The current principal was at Olympia and chased Coach Head (now at West Orange) away. Immediately after, West Orange began to rise and Olympia now struggles to make the playoffs. So kids that could make Evans relevant again either don't go out for football or go to: Wekiva, Dr. Phillips, West Orange, Edgewater or, in a few cases, Apopka. With the exception of Wekiva and depending on where you live within Evans's zone, Edgewater or Dr. Phillips, it is not easy to get to the other schools I listed, though, due to Orlando being a pretty spread out urban area. 

Regarding Cypress Creek, it is majority Hispanic and and when Freedom opened up in the early 2000s it took the little talent it had away. Cypress Creek is in the extreme South of Orange County and aside from Freedom, is actually closer to Gateway and Osceola High in Osceola county. To the extent they have talent in their zone, it either goes to Freedom, or the parents probably move across county lines to Osceola.