Who will win each division Prediction Thread

peezy28

@DarterBlue2 We have a school in the Miami section of Lil Havanna called Miami senior high school home of the Stingrays. This school has been majority Hispanic since the 70's. The enrollment is currently at 2900 students with 94% being Hispanic and 3% being black. I'm not saying Hispanics can't compete but majority of the time it's among the blacks in terms of football. Miami used to get the Overtown kids but once Booker T. Washington reopened that all stopped. When it comes to high school football down here you do have areas that's right in talent but are zoned to on or so particular school.

I think the Coaching has a lot to do with the "hood" schools.  There are plenty of "hood" schools that are horrendous in Dade and Broward.  Not sure if Boyd Anderson is a "hood" school but look what happened to Boyd when they get a coach.  So the talent is usually in the "hood" schools but on a team and individual basis- the "hood" kids rarely succeed -unless they are coached.  Even the successful "hood " schools have not the best- but decent Coaching.  I think you have to have the right balance of everything to be successful. 

I think the Coaching has a lot to do with the "hood" schools.  There are plenty of "hood" schools that are horrendous in Dade and Broward.  Not sure if Boyd Anderson is a "hood" school but look what happened to Boyd when they get a coach.  So the talent is usually in the "hood" schools but on a team and individual basis- the "hood" kids do not succeed unless they are coached.  Even the successful "hood " schools have not the best but decent Coaching.  I think you have to have the right balance of everything to be successful

The last sentence says it all. In the case of Apopka from the mid-1980s to 1994 under Chip Gierke, they were one of the three best Central Florida schools. When Gierke departed, they had three very bad years (including a 2-8). In 1999 Darlington took over and since 2000 Apopka has made the playoffs each year. Or take Orlando Evans. Under Bill Gierke they were a power. When he left in 1998, they remained good for four years under Coach Gordon, who had been on the staff before. Since then, with the exception of 2010-2012 when Chip Gierke briefly took over the program, they have not been relevant. This should not be so, as the school probably has the deepest, natural talent base in Orlando. Or take Timber Creek, which has a large Hispanic population but does quite well making the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years. They owe their success to a very good coaching staff (three Boone alumni) and a community that is very supportive of all the school's athletic endeavors. 

Do you all think the talent poll is better down south then it is up in the North?

i will say that in general it is, especially in miami, but the difference is they have many schools competing for talent every year, what helps us is there really isent a high school competing for our talent so we get 95% of the talent that comes in our county, mabey 5% go to fort white but thats it, so we can hold our own with the teams in the north and our coaching have a excellent work ethic and they put in tons of time to ensure we are ready to play but really in the case of 6A problem in the north is no one is really stepping up, like really only 2 teams make finals in past 5 years, armwood and gainsville, most the teams do fine in regular season but they not stepping it up in playoffs so its basically whoever wins with armwood and gainsville goes to finals and i dont think either of them can hold their own with Central in that game