2021 Pick 'Em Contect - Week 1 (8/27)

sikolec

I’m organizing a Pick’em Contest for the 2021 season.  My plan is to play for 11 weeks (Week of August 27 – Week of November 5).

Scoring:

Each week, there will be 10 games to pick.  You will pick the winners and assign a confidence rating for every game.  Your most confident pick is give the 10 point spot.  The next most confident pick is for 9 points and all the way down to your least confident pick for 1 point.  A perfect week will get you 55 points.  I will track points throughout the season by username.  For example:

10: Team A over Team B

9: Team F over Team E

8: Team D over Team C

etc.

Season Long Prizes:

For now, bragging rights.  Depending on how popular this endeavor ends up, I may throw a couple gift cards as prizes.

Picks:

Games will be posted by 5:00 PM on Monday.  I will do my best to incorporate some lesser known match-ups as well as try to cover the entire state.  Picks will be due by 7:00 PM on Friday.  Games that are cancelled/postponed will result in a shortened schedule for the week.

Week 1

Picks are due by 7:00 PM on Friday

Cardinal Gibbons (Ft. Lauderdale) at Venice

Ponte Vedra at Nease (Ponte Vedra)

Bishop Moore (Orlando) at Edgewater (Orlando)

Bloomingdale (Valrico) at Gaither (Tampa)

Madison County (Madison) at Valdosta (Valdosta, GA)

St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD) at St. Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

Miami Edison at Deerfield Beach

Cocoa at Vero Beach

Raines (Jacksonville) at Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville)

Florida State University (Tallahassee) at Godby (Tallahassee)

Trinity Christian 10
Bloomingdale      9
Valdosta              8
St. Francis           7
Venice                 6
Edgewater          5 Would rate the Eagles higher, but big rivalry and lost practice due to Covid-19
Deerfield Beach 4
Cocoa                 3
FSU High            2
Ponte Verdra      1

That's what I got.

12 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Trinity Christian 10
Bloomingdale      9
Valdosta              8
St. Francis           7
Venice                 6
Edgewater          5 Would rate the Eagles higher, but big rivalry and lost practice due to Covid-19
Deerfield Beach 4
Bloomingdale     3
FSU High            2
Ponte Verdra      1

That's what I got.

you have bloomingdale twice and forgot Cocoa vs VB

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

3.  Venice

4.  Ponte Vedra 

5.  Edgewater (Orlando)

7.  Bloomingdale (Valrico)

9.  Valdosta (Valdosta, GA)

2  St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)

8.  Deerfield Beach

1.. Vero Beach

10 Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville)

6.  Godby (Tallahassee)

The week 1 game between Cardinals Gibbons and Venice has been canceled due to Covid-19. It has been rescheduled for October 23rd. 

26 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

The week 1 game between Cardinals Gibbons and Venice has been canceled due to Covid-19. It has been rescheduled for October 23rd. 

Without further cancellations, the game may be even better in late October. Both teams should be at their best about that time of the season. It's just a bummer that any games have to be effected by the virus.

10 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Sorry to hear that. Not surprised. Covid has a very strong presence in the state at this time. Hope it is behind us soon. 

Our game just canceled against St. Cloud, no reason given but suspect it was for same.  No one expected this to be a competitive game, but locals want it for legacy reasons (first game in 1925) as it has been played every year since 1945.  Most of the time a good ticket gate at each school.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Just glad it got rescheduled. And at that date the game should be even better

Me too. Venice is now scheduled to play Edgewater this Friday, instead of Gibbons according to Coach Peacock. I don’t know if Venice will find a replacement for week 2, or if they will continue the schedule with Cocoa as planned. 

34 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Me too. Venice is now scheduled to play Edgewater this Friday, instead of Gibbons according to Coach Peacock. I don’t know if Venice will find a replacement for week 2, or if they will continue the schedule with Cocoa as planned. 

What happened to the Bishop Moore/Edgewater game?

58 minutes ago, Jullian said:

What happened to the Bishop Moore/Edgewater game?

Unless BM has Covid issues, I would be surprised if the Edgewater game was cancelled. I see no reason for Edgewater to give up a backyard game to travel to Venice without the benefit of a KOC when they already have Venice on their schedule.

I would not make that move unless the BM game was cancelled. 

42 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Unless BM has Covid issues, I would be surprised if the Edgewater game was cancelled. I see no reason for Edgewater to give up a backyard game to travel to Venice without the benefit of a KOC when they already have Venice on their schedule.

I would not make that move unless the BM game was cancelled. 

Veniceindiansfootball sounded pretty confident they are playing Edge.......

8 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Veniceindiansfootball sounded pretty confident they are playing Edge.......

These aren’t my words, nothing is official as of right now. Peacock said Edgewater is the opponent, unless they can find a suitable replacement. I’m hearing that Bartram Trail had their week 1 game canceled as well. I would love to see them play Venice again.