Hallandale officially unable to field a team

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Don’t know if this is final for the rest of the year BUT WOW!!!! JUST WOW!! 

not only do we have them on the schedule for week 3 but all I could think about is all the teams who now have to find another game/the fan base/ just the over all sadness of this, all because kids can just up & transfer at a drop of a dime like this to help one school & decimate the other. 

11 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Source?

I can’t give you official source, but if you look on Twitter the other teams on their schedule are already shuffling.  They had Ft. Lauderdale and Western week 1 and 2.  Both those teams have agreed to play each other week 3 now to make up the lost game vs. Hallandale. Heritage is advertising for a game 9/25, which was when they played Hallandale. 

45 minutes ago, SFLfootball said:

I can’t give you official source, but if you look on Twitter the other teams on their schedule are already shuffling.  They had Ft. Lauderdale and Western week 1 and 2.  Both those teams have agreed to play each other week 3 now to make up the lost game vs. Hallandale. Heritage is advertising for a game 9/25, which was when they played Hallandale. 

Pillaging........& nothing will b done about it!!!! Doggone shame!!!!!

So, if you're Hallandale and/or Broward County, what do you do now? 

On the one hand, you'd hope that Hallandale would circle the wagons, try to hold on to every kid they have (especially the younger ones) in hopes that they'll be able to field a team next year and the years after. 

That said, I can't imagine being one of the kids (if there are any) who stuck it out and didn't transfer and who now won't be able to play football this season.   That would suck. 

Possible solution:  allow any and every senior (perhaps juniors, too?) to transfer to another school in the district and immediately become eligible to play this season for their new school.  Get the FHSAA on board to provide immediate waivers to those kids. 

Anyone know if this has ever happened before?  I don't recall seeing it.

P.S. I hope the coaches still get their stipends!

8 minutes ago, Perspective said:

So, if you're Hallandale and/or Broward County, what do you do now? 

On the one hand, you'd hope that Hallandale would circle the wagons, try to hold on to every kid they have (especially the younger ones) in hopes that they'll be able to field a team next year and the years after. 

That said, I can't imagine being one of the kids (if there are any) who stuck it out and didn't transfer and who now won't be able to play football this season.   That would suck. 

Possible solution:  allow any and every senior (perhaps juniors, too?) to transfer to another school in the district and immediately become eligible to play this season for their new school.  Get the FHSAA on board to provide immediate waivers to those kids. 

Anyone know if this has ever happened before?  I don't recall seeing it.

P.S. I hope the coaches still get their stipends!

University School did something similar last year. Different circumstances (splitting hairs). The school decided not to participate so the football players were approved to play at Tru Prep while schooling at University School. 
Perhaps something like that could b approved....again. Long shot I’m sure. 

From people talking, seems like they were able to get 25-30 kids together, but they found out last couple days like 15-20 of them weren’t eligible.  So, those kids wouldn’t be eligible anywhere else regardless. They have a picture online of a practice a week ago that shows about 25 kids, so that story kind of fits.  

In general though, if your school doesn’t have a particular sport then you can file and play at nearest school or zone school that has that sport without actually transferring.  It is usually helps kids at small charters or education centers that want to play sports. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Maybe all the other schools in the area could get together tomorrow night at a local watering hole and hold a fantasy-like draft for the remaining Hallandale players.  ;)

Maybe the FHSAA and school administrators should grow a backbone (I would liked to have used another term, but you probably get the point) and investigate if recruiting by other schools was responsible for the demise of football at Hallandale. This is a disgrace and too many people involved in HS football are willing to just say "oh well". Your school could be next; it's time to address recruiting and actually do something about it.

5 hours ago, SFLfootball said:

From people talking, seems like they were able to get 25-30 kids together, but they found out last couple days like 15-20 of them weren’t eligible.  So, those kids wouldn’t be eligible anywhere else regardless. They have a picture online of a practice a week ago that shows about 25 kids, so that story kind of fits.  

In general though, if your school doesn’t have a particular sport then you can file and play at nearest school or zone school that has that sport without actually transferring.  It is usually helps kids at small charters or education centers that want to play sports. 

How the hell were that many kids ineligible?  Is Hallandale in a poor area or something where the kids dont get the support at home to keep their grades up?

2 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Maybe the FHSAA and school administrators should grow a backbone (I would liked to have used another term, but you probably get the point) and investigate if recruiting by other schools was responsible for the demise of football at Hallandale. This is a disgrace and too many people involved in HS football are willing to just say "oh well". Your school could be next; it's time to address recruiting and actually do something about it.

You win Hornetfan

Truly sad and pathetic the poor leadership in this state and around the US right now.

Hallandale was at the BCAA media day and had 5 kids in the picture. Lauderdale already announced they scheduled someone else and the Heritage game that was canceled is week 4 or 5, so definitely not Covid related. Maybe they are trying to get kids cleared to play JV or back end of V schedule. Either way it is sad that transfers could affect a program this way. I mean they are a 5A public school not some small charter or anything. 

4 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

You win Hornetfan

Truly sad and pathetic the poor leadership in this state and around the US right now.

Maybe you should do something your good at 

Promoting a team with a subpar schedule and acting like they a top 25 team only for them to get running clocked by the first top 25 team they play all year

You seem to do that quite a bit 

Sad situation indeed. Assistant coach left without giving new Head coach a face to face meeting as well as earlier alienating some players and parents who thus transferred. One day just stopped coming but was on the phone telling kids to transfer. Barely a month before new season started. New coach talked to the seniors and gave them a chance to stay or transfer. Numbers are up but obviously quite a few freshmen and sophomores. Should be ready by week 3 to give it a go.