Cocoa Defeats Vero in OT 42-41

imjustafan2

9 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The score indicates it was a real nail biter... wish I could have made the trip.

It was a great game there were 3 live feeds. I watched on Brevard sports network. Classic game. Couple questionable flags and a costly turnover. Game definitely could've went either way. Both offenses are potent and Cocoa's loaded secondary got exposed at times

A couple notes from my end:

1. Disheartening to see that Vero’s three best players (Jacobs, Smith, Monds) were all at Ft. Pierce Westwood last year. This is not a knock on Lenny or the Vero Beach program—it happens everywhere. Just an overall assessment of the nature of high school football as a whole. Not the same game I grew up with. 

2. Sad to see Vero’s YouTube broadcast get kicked to the curb. I get it—if people are willing to pay $15/game, as an athletic department, you do it. That said, the YouTube broadcasts were quite enjoyable. While I’m sure the partnership with the FM radio station will be more professional, they will surely lose some of the fun-loving homer-like tendencies from the YouTube crew. Became a staple of my Friday night’s on the couch—it will be missed. 

Fun game last night. Thanks to the Brevard Sports Network for allowing us in. 

23 minutes ago, XDC said:

1. Disheartening to see that Vero’s three best players (Jacobs, Smith, Monds) were all at Ft. Pierce Westwood last year. This is not a knock on Lenny or the Vero Beach program—it happens everywhere. Just an overall assessment of the nature of high school football as a whole. Not the same game I grew up with. 

2. Sad to see Vero’s YouTube broadcast get kicked to the curb. I get it—if people are willing to pay $15/game, as an athletic department, you do it. That said, the YouTube broadcasts were quite enjoyable. While I’m sure the partnership with the FM radio station will be more professional, they will surely lose some of the fun-loving homer-like tendencies from the YouTube crew. Became a staple of my Friday night’s on the couch—it will be missed. 

Dang it I didn’t realize it was on the Brevard Sports channel, I listened on the app though which since I played their almost 20 years ago still has great coverage and play by play. And I prob won’t be paying 15 a game some of the games you know will be a total blowout and just aren’t worth it, plus I’ve seen a bunch of people on Facebook complaining about multiple stream issues as well.

2 minutes ago, Trelle said:

Dang it I didn’t realize it was on the Brevard Sports channel, I listened on the app though which since I played their almost 20 years ago still has great coverage and play by play. And I prob won’t be paying 15 a game some of the games you know will be a total blowout and just aren’t worth it, plus I’ve seen a bunch of people on Facebook complaining about multiple stream issues as well.

I think the Vero-Viera game in two weeks will be on Brevard Sports Network too. 

32 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Definitely looks like game of the week. Whata battle. Maybe 2cd best game was Lake Mary’s upset of Lake Gibson, 15-14! 

7 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I was surprised to see that also. Both were entertaining. Wins by 1 point. Wow.

Last year Apopka beat Lake Mary twice in very tight games. The second was in the third round of the playoffs and was by less than a score. It ended when our young defensive back intercepted the ball in the end zone inside the final minute of the game with LM knocking on the door. They are on an upswing and should not be underestimated. 

15 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

It was a great game there were 3 live feeds. I watched on Brevard sports network. Classic game. Couple questionable flags and a costly turnover. Game definitely could've went either way. Both offenses are potent and Cocoa's loaded secondary got exposed at times

KeemD321, what fouls and penalties did you have an issue with? 

5 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

KeemD321, what fouls and penalties did you have an issue with? 

I would have to rewatch the game again. But there were a couple PI on both teams, some no calls that ended up getting called on the following play. I definitely agree with all the personal/ unsportsmanlike calls. Wasn't sure about the late hit call against Vero tho. Wasn't in view of the camera.

20 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

I would have to rewatch the game again. But there were a couple PI on both teams, some no calls that ended up getting called on the following play. I definitely agree with all the personal/ unsportsmanlike calls. Wasn't sure about the late hit call against Vero tho. Wasn't in view of the camera.

All right, thank you. 

On 8/28/2021 at 8:38 AM, Trelle said:

I agree with everything you said. But each year we(Vero) get players from FP Westwood because their head coaches quit every year and Vero gets a lot more press and scouts.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 8:12 AM, XDC said:

Due to technical glitches with the FM stations broadcasts, Vero will be reverting back to their YouTube broadcasts for the remainder of the year free of charge.