Columbia defeats American Heritage Delray 46-23 to start the season with a win

DisabledAccount

Good job by Columbia. Offense started slow with penalties on the first drive and team went down 10 quickly. 

2 Momentum plays were the INT that got Columbia on the board and WR Marcus Peterson's 95 yard catch and run.

I think Columbia scored 20 straight points without ever putting the offense on the field. Good job to Columbia.

10 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Good job by Columbia. Offense started slow with penalties on the first drive and team went down 10 quickly. 

2 Momentum plays were the INT that got Columbia on the board and WR Marcus Peterson's 95 yard catch and run.

I think Columbia scored 20 straight points without ever putting the offense on the field. Good job to Columbia.

I think Tolliver punt return TD would also be added in momentum plays as it put Columbia in the lead for good as they just kept building on that 

And yeah it was 20 straight points with 2 defensive TDs and the punt return TD before offense finally got on the board 

56 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think Tolliver punt return TD would also be added in momentum plays as it put Columbia in the lead for good as they just kept building on that 

And yeah it was 20 straight points with 2 defensive TDs and the punt return TD before offense finally got on the board 

Going down 10 early, you could feel the doubt creeping in the stands especially after that first drive went nowhere. The INT made it a game. The punt return gave the lead and CHS never looked back, but the INT seemed to relieve a lot of worry in the stands.

Peterson's catch and run, was important because AH was scratching back into game and had pinned CHS deep. The 95 yard catch put AH on hold. 

8 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Going down 10 early, you could feel the doubt creeping in the stands especially after that first drive went nowhere. The INT made it a game. The punt return gave the lead and CHS never looked back, but the INT seemed to relieve a lot of worry in the stands.

Peterson's catch and run, was important because AH was scratching back into game and had pinned CHS deep. The 95 yard catch put AH on hold. 

In the stands? You were at the game?

I would have met up and talked football had you let me know 

Thinking of checking out next week when they play Bolles?

Also that Peterson TD completely broke AHD as afterwards it seemed to look like the 2nd quarter where Columbia had full momentum and was getting heavy pressure on AHD

10 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

If there was doubt in the stands then they need more faith 

I didn't have any doubt we would blow them out and I even told the reporter guy on the sideline that they would be worn down by second half 

I trusted the defense to step up and they did 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Thinking of making the drive to Lake City to check it out? Should be a good one 

Or alternatively if you have an NFHS Network subscription you can rewatch this game and see Bolles game next week 

I’d love to make the drive out but I’m coaching middle school football in the Jacksonville area (got talked into it by my neighbor for his son) and I’ve committed to going with them to the BT vs Columbus game. 

14 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If there was doubt in the stands then they need more faith 

I didn't have any doubt we would blow them out and I even told the reporter guy on the sideline that they would be worn down by second half 

I trusted the defense to step up and they did 

I know you're excited about your team winning. But, please remember that AH Delray is not AH Plantation. Delray is 4A and went 4-4 last season. Columbia is a 6A team dropping down from 7A a couple seasons ago. Having no doubt that Columbia would "blow them out" seems a little cocky does it not? I also remember last week when Columbia tied Vanguard 6-6. Boy the excuses that were made that some of your best players were out and that was the reason you didn't win. But, you assured us, if they played again Columbia would destroy Vanguard. After that I had to remind you that Vanguard had a Sophomore QB behind center who was a RB and had not played in the QB position before. Columbia is a good team without a doubt so I don't think it is necessary to take cheap shots in support of their cause. Just saying. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I know you're excited about your team winning. But, please remember that AH Delray is not AH Plantation. Delray is 4A and went 4-4 last season. Columbia is a 6A team dropping down from 7A a couple seasons ago. Having no doubt that Columbia would "blow them out" seems a little cocky does it not? I also remember last week when Columbia tied Vanguard 6-6. Boy the excuses that were made that some of your best players were out and that was the reason you didn't win. But, you assured us, if they played again Columbia would destroy Vanguard. After that I had to remind you that Vanguard had a Sophomore QB behind center who was a RB and had not played in the QB position before. Columbia is a good team without a doubt so I don't think it is necessary to take cheap shots in support of their cause. Just saying. :rolleyes:

When we were in 7A we were the SMALLEST 7a team in the classification and it lasted one cycle we have been hovering at 6a for the vast majority of a decade 

AHD is not some crap ass team that hasn't won, they are still a multiple time state champion and what classification they play in is completely irrelevant, is Trinity Christian unable to compete because they in 2a? Because they beat AHP in a shutout in their own house last year but you won't mention that because it destroys your entire argument

Also one of the players who were out against Vanguard scored THREE TOUCHDOWNS in this game and the reason I pointed it out was because you wanted to make the deal about ONE player Vanguard didn't have while Columbia was out several players and outside of one broken coverage completely blanked Vanguard who was supposed to be some dominant offense that was gonna crush us

You were being dishonest by only using the side of the information that benefited you so you don't get to come in on your white horse and act like you have the moral ground

I respect AHD for coming up to play, I knew it would be a blowout because I did my research on them and felt Columbia would have a favorable matchup based on that, it had nothing to do with respect or being cocky, it was about knowing enough about both teams to realize how the matchup would favor Columbia 

I've probably seen this program play more times in the past 5 years than the combined total of anyone on this entire message board have in the past 50 YEARS but yet people still think they know more about them then me 

It's amazing that I'm still given no respect after how long I've posted here but I really don't care, people on here clearly think they have all the answers and that's why even when I disprove their bullshit like the bullshit that privates should be separated for publics because THEY GETTING TRANSFERS WHEN PUBLICS ARE GETTING A HELL A LOT MORE NOBODY HAS ANY REBUTTAL 

People act like they get the big picture and 5 minutes later are back pushing the same tired and inaccurate nonsense that I just squashed like a bug because it's not convenient for their argument

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

When we were in 7A we were the SMALLEST 7a team in the classification and it lasted one cycle we have been hovering at 6a for the vast majority of a decade 

AHD is not some crap ass team that hasn't won, they are still a multiple time state champion and what classification they play in is completely irrelevant, is Trinity Christian unable to compete because they in 2a? Because they beat AHP in a shutout in their own house last year but you won't mention that because it destroys your entire argument

Also one of the players who were out against Vanguard scored THREE TOUCHDOWNS in this game and the reason I pointed it out was because you wanted to make the deal about ONE player Vanguard didn't have while Columbia was out several players and outside of one broken coverage completely blanked Vanguard who was supposed to be some dominant offense that was gonna crush us

You were being dishonest by only using the side of the information that benefited you so you don't get to come in on your white horse and act like you have the moral ground

I respect AHD for coming up to play, I knew it would be a blowout because I did my research on them and felt Columbia would have a favorable matchup based on that, it had nothing to do with respect or being cocky, it was about knowing enough about both teams to realize how the matchup would favor Columbia 

I've probably seen this program play more times in the past 5 years than the combined total of anyone on this entire message board have in the past 50 YEARS but yet people still think they know more about them then me 

It's amazing that I'm still given no respect after how long I've posted here but I really don't care, people on here clearly think they have all the answers and that's why even when I disprove their bullshit like the bullshit that privates should be separated for publics because THEY GETTING TRANSFERS WHEN PUBLICS ARE GETTING A HELL A LOT MORE NOBODY HAS ANY REBUTTAL 

People act like they get the big picture and 5 minutes later are back pushing the same tired and inaccurate nonsense that I just squashed like a bug because it's not convenient for their argument

Bro stop crying and playing the victim all the time. You remind me of an entitled middle school girl. Just for one week can you please stop acting like a _____.

6 hours ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

Bro stop crying and playing the victim all the time. You remind me of an entitled middle school girl. Just for one week can you please stop acting like a _____.

Should I care what some useless troll with 3 posts thinks of me 

You add nothing to the conversation and aren't relevant in the slightest so buzz off, you don't know the first thing about me and I have no reason to show you any respect as you haven't done anything to deserve to be shown respect

48 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Should I care what some useless troll with 3 posts thinks of me 

You add nothing to the conversation and aren't relevant in the slightest so buzz off, you don't know the first thing about me and I have no reason to show you any respect as you haven't done anything to deserve to be shown respect

It’s really funny to me how trolls not involved in a conversation, who add nothing to an argument, feel the necessity to give “their opinion “ that adds up to absolutely nothing. It says more about their stupidity & warped personality with the negativity they live their life with. I like what Mike Tyson said, that social media has given gonads to cowards all over the world. They don’t have to fear getting their teeth knocked out their mouth!!!!

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

It’s really funny to me how trolls not involved in a conversation, who add nothing to an argument, feel the necessity to give “their opinion “ that adds up to absolutely nothing. It says more about their stupidity & warped personality with the negativity they live their life with. I like what Mike Tyson said, that social media has given gonads to cowards all over the world. They don’t have to fear getting their teeth knocked out their mouth!!!!

Tyson should know. He was very good at knocking teeth out of mouths.