TAMPA JESUIT STUNS STA!! (24-21) Raiders Fall to (1-1)

THIS_IS_DILLARD

23 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Look forward to seeing that game even tho I believe st Thomas is gonna get em. Even with only 3 days to prepare.

After STA beat SFA, Jesuit has nothing to lose & everything to gain. When they played AH last year, it was probably the most disciplined team I’ve seen play. Having said that Raiders will probably be -24. 

2 minutes ago, skyway said:

It seems to me that, to pull an upset of STA, you'd have to do a great job scouting them. I'm not sure how that's possible for Jesuit here. Of course, it could go the other way if they bust out a lot of unique stuff STA isn't able to prepare for.

With how this game was set up I think both teams can come in with a sort of the unexpected , it just comes down to which team can execute and take advantage of it.

1 minute ago, peezy28 said:

Nothing to bounce back from both undefeated.  But after seeing STA take apart SFA Jesuit will not leave undefeated lol.

I think STA wins but it's gonna be closer than most people think and Jesuit is probably still best team in 6a currently in my eyes 

13 hours ago, skyway said:

It seems to me that, to pull an upset of STA, you'd have to do a great job scouting them. I'm not sure how that's possible for Jesuit here. Of course, it could go the other way if they bust out a lot of unique stuff STA isn't able to prepare for.

Ehhh Jesuit has a great coaching staff... They can scout and put together a game plan and their kids will be fast to adopt it... But I don't think that matters.  The talent level difference is just vast and Jesuit is a pretty talented team in it of itself.

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think STA wins but it's gonna be closer than most people think and Jesuit is probably still best team in 6a currently in my eyes 

Jesuit is good.  Seen them in person (yaay I finally got out for a game) and of course I know their staff as we discussed... but yeah its a nothing to lose type of game so they will come out swinging... They are not talented enough to beat STA straight up but I think they can hang with them for a bit. 

I do think they are one of the best in 6A but there is some steep comp in there they will have to contend with deeper into the rounds.

8 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Jesuit is good.  Seen them in person (yaay I finally got out for a game) and of course I know their staff as we discussed... but yeah its a nothing to lose type of game so they will come out swinging... They are not talented enough to beat STA straight up but I think they can hang with them for a bit. 

I do think they are one of the best in 6A but there is some steep comp in there they will have to contend with deeper into the rounds.

I'm not sold on Miami Northwestern yet, right now I would take Jesuit head to head with them and I may be the only person in the media willing to say that but I believe it 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm not sold on Miami Northwestern yet, right now I would take Jesuit head to head with them and I may be the only person in the media willing to say that but I believe it 

I've learned to never doubt a team from Liberty City... Especially early on in the season.  A lot of those kids are playing together for the 1st time (or the 1st time in years because they played together in Optimus league went to different schools and are now back together) and haven't gelled yet.  Do they have a new coach this year?  Hard to get info out these days.

My advice don't make a prediction on them until like week 7

Just now, peezy28 said:

I've learned to never doubt a team from Liberty City... Especially early on in the season.  A lot of those kids are playing together for the 1st time (or the 1st time in years because they played together in Optimus league went to different schools and are now back together) and haven't gelled yet.  Do they have a new coach this year?  Hard to get info out these days.

My advice don't make a prediction on them until like week 7

Look up their roster on 24/7 and compare it to past Miami Northwestern teams 

They aren't nearly as loaded as past teams, on paper they aren't much more loaded than Columbia is but nobody is giving Columbia any shot to even compete for a title but MNW is supposed to be the clear cut 6a favorite

3 hours ago, peezy28 said:

I wouldn't overlook Jones HS (Orlando) when considering the best teams in 6A; they moved from 5A to 6A this season.

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to TAMPA JESUIT STUNS STA!! (24-21) Raiders Fall to (1-1)