Bolles vs Columbia

Jags904

11 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

What happened? It looks like it was a blowout 

Offensive line imploded and couldn't protect Kade and even when he had time his throws were off target 

Bolles was a lot better on the DL than I expected, they dominated defensively and it left Columbia Defense on the field for too long 

I think it's still early in the season so it's not a situation where Columbia season is done but they will need to think of something because they really couldn't get anything going on offense and the defense can't carry them to a win every week when you are putting up negative yards of offense

From a friend at the game:

Tigers imploded.
Gave up 3 safeties (1 botched snap on punt, 1 punt returner went backwards into endzone, 1 running play loss yards in endzone).
The offensive line was manhandled all game. He couldn't recall a play that went for positive yards, no big plays. WRs were doubled/shaded on every play, QB didn't get enough time to set feet. RBs were consistently hit in the backfield, delay of games, holding calls.
The defense did their best they could, but Bolles' O-Line was described as making CHS D-Line look small. He didn't think Bolles ever had to go more than 50 yards on any of their TD drives.

30 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

From a friend at the game:

Tigers imploded.
Gave up 3 safeties (1 botched snap on punt, 1 punt returner went backwards into endzone, 1 running play loss yards in endzone).
The offensive line was manhandled all game. He couldn't recall a play that went for positive yards, no big plays. WRs were doubled/shaded on every play, QB didn't get enough time to set feet. RBs were consistently hit in the backfield, delay of games, holding calls.
The defense did their best they could, but Bolles' O-Line was described as making CHS D-Line look small. He didn't think Bolles ever had to go more than 50 yards on any of their TD drives.

Most of that I agree with 

I don't fully agree with the last spot as Columbia until they got wore out in the second half was able to stuff the run for the most part and limit Bolles to short yards, the issue was the offense didn't contribute anything so Bolles was getting short fields all night 

Columbia inability to get any offense cost them the game, I don't hold the defense even slightly responsible for the loss, blame is entirely on the offense

What is that bobble head expression for @Football fan

let me guess you think Columbia will lose all their remaining games and get embarrassed by Madison County

well I know you all don't have anywhere near the DL Bolles did In fact there aren't many teams on the schedule who have the talent Bolles had, Columbia has some things to correct but they will correct them because programs who stay Winning year after year do that 

it's in their DNA to learn from losses and become a better team, I would rather take these losses early so we correct them for when it counts 

Watched the replay on NFHS Network. Bolles simply has a lights out defense. I doubt that many teams in Florida will ever have a successful evening of offense against them. IMG would have difficulty scoring a lot against them.  Even though Bolles scored a bunch Columbia's defense is not all that bad. They stopped Bolles on a few drives and looked good overall. I don't know if it was just my perception but Bolles players looked huge.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Offensive line imploded and couldn't protect Kade and even when he had time his throws were off target 

Bolles was a lot better on the DL than I expected, they dominated defensively and it left Columbia Defense on the field for too long 

I think it's still early in the season so it's not a situation where Columbia season is done but they will need to think of something because they really couldn't get anything going on offense and the defense can't carry them to a win every week when you are putting up negative yards of offense

See man... Columbia got to put it together to get that statewide respect... don't be offended when folks aren't seeing them as a title contender when they have games like this... 

13 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Watched the replay on NFHS Network. Bolles simply has a lights out defense. I doubt that many teams in Florida will ever have a successful evening of offense against them. IMG would have difficulty scoring a lot against them.  Even though Bolles scored a bunch Columbia's defense is not all that bad. They stopped Bolles on a few drives and looked good overall. I don't know if it was just my perception but Bolles players looked huge.

Interesting to know Bolles is back. 

1 hour ago, Jags904 said:

I’ve heard wild numbers of transfers. 30+ in the past two or three years. They are loaded up

You can go back through the roster and see the majority of the team is either a Bolles product or has  been on campus for three or more years. Maybe a few transfers as is standard with any school. Everyone points to players and always forgets how well the team is coached which is the product of a phenomenal coaching staff.

19 minutes ago, platinum388 said:

You can go back through the roster and see the majority of the team is either a Bolles product or has  been on campus for three or more years. Maybe a few transfers as is standard with any school. Everyone points to players and always forgets how well the team is coached which is the product of a phenomenal coaching staff.

Yeah I agree 

If there's a team in Jacksonville being built off of transfers alone it's Riverside

Bolles and TCA have a resume of success and have earned their credibility

Lee hasn't been to a state title game since 1964 and their fans are delusional enough to imply they belong being mentioned with a team like Miami Central or that they can win a state championship but they will fail like always

Over 10 transfers and they still won't make a title game or final 4

20 minutes ago, platinum388 said:

Not arguing with you, but two things worth mentioning. 

First, the private schools (like Bolles, STA, Jesuit and Berkeley in Tampa, etc.) figured out several years ago that they have to do their "recruiting" early on and get the kids as they're coming out of 8th grade and before they start high school.  When a kid starts out at such a school, no one really says anything. 

Second, high school is unique.  The "majority of the team" can be homegrown, but it only takes a minority (say, 5-10 kids) who make the move to a new school who can then make the difference in a team being a district champ who bows out early in the playoffs versus a team playing for - if not winning - a state championship.

Note:  I'm not knocking Bolles or throwing any stones.   But when the efforts of a school finally pay off, you've got to look at the whole picture.  

Just my two cents. 

53 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Word is a someone brought their dog to the game and it took a dump on the field and the dump rolled over an inch and landed 58 yards and 1 inch further than Columbia’s offense went 

Shut up 

How about you show up to watch them play so I can talk shit to you at a game when we win, again

On 9/5/2021 at 3:49 PM, Perspective said:

Not arguing with you, but two things worth mentioning. 

First, the private schools (like Bolles, STA, Jesuit and Berkeley in Tampa, etc.) figured out several years ago that they have to do their "recruiting" early on and get the kids as they're coming out of 8th grade and before they start high school.  When a kid starts out at such a school, no one really says anything. 

Second, high school is unique.  The "majority of the team" can be homegrown, but it only takes a minority (say, 5-10 kids) who make the move to a new school who can then make the difference in a team being a district champ who bows out early in the playoffs versus a team playing for - if not winning - a state championship.

Note:  I'm not knocking Bolles or throwing any stones.   But when the efforts of a school finally pay off, you've got to look at the whole picture.  

Just my two cents. 

When I private school gets a kid as an incoming freshman or before, I don't view it as recruiting players. Especially if that kid plays a year on the JV team.

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Shut up 

How about you show up to watch them play so I can talk shit to you at a game when we win, again

Columbia will be just fine!!!!! Remember jax TCA got destroyed by bolles the first game of the season last year … still went 12-1 beat AHP and won state !!! It’s just one game y’all will be alright 

11 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

When I private school gets a kid as an incoming freshman or before, I don't view it as recruiting players. Especially if that kid plays a year on the JV team.

In other words, the private schools have figured out how to game the system.  B)

Specifically targeting a particular student-athlete (or group of student-athletes) to attend your school as a 9th grader is absolutely "recruiting" as the FHSAA currently defines it.   But because the kids at that age don't really have a "football reputation" (other than on the area youth football fields), it goes largely unnoticed.  Contrast that to the rising high school junior or senior who already has a couple of stars next to their name and impressive highlight film.   Then, everybody notices when that kid transfers (except, apparently, the media in Jacksonville).  

So what your saying is that it is ok to transfer in the public schools but if a child/parent may want to better there education or coaching it’s not ok to transfer to a private school. Check public school rosters and see how many student athletes have transferred from other schools to play! Our country is founded on freedom of choice. Do you really understand how the FHSAA rules really work when it comes to financial aid? 

51 minutes ago, platinum388 said:

So what your saying is that it is ok to transfer in the public schools but if a child/parent may want to better there education or coaching it’s not ok to transfer to a private school. Check public school rosters and see how many student athletes have transferred from other schools to play! Our country is founded on freedom of choice. Do you really understand how the FHSAA rules really work when it comes to financial aid? 

The funny thing is a team like Riverside probably has less 4 year players than TCA or Bolles have 

The reason they don't get as much heat for it is because they don't win state titles while the other 2 programs do 

3 hours ago, platinum388 said:

Who is this directed to?

51 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Columbia should just play vs other teams JV programs for now on. They are not competitive. No good football in all of Columbia County. They could merge with Fort White and maybe field a competitive JV team 

Have you been dropped on your head one too many times nolebullshit