Booker T. Washington @ Glades Central Friday 7PM

BrowardHandicapper

That's epic for a freshman! And as for our defense. Don't let scores fool you. It's was our defense that scored on American heritage with an interception, our defense held down the so called mighty Atlantic eagles down with only 7points for 3 qtrs before we where worn down ,it was our defense that save us from University with an interception,it was our defense that ran back 2 pick 6s 1 for 80+ yard (with one shoe) on Pahokee,two forced fumbles on Gulliver prep. So I'd say resilient and adaptable would describe our defense. Not something you wanna sleep on

"And as for our defense.  Don't let scores fool you."  ...

I'm the idiot for believing Glades Central could handle BTW in The Muck.  A FRESHMAN QB lit them up for 300 yards? Sorry but that does not happen to high caliber teams in the second round of the playoffs.  What happened to the Glades Central Offense tonight?  Damn.  Glades Central is/was a good team this year.  A decent 2nd round 3A team that will likely have to face BTW next year as well.  

I think scheduling had a part in why Glades Central lost tonight. Like I stated before beating the likes of Palm Beach Lakes, Palm Beach Central, Seminole Ridge and rival Pahokee who hasn't been relevant since 08 isn't gonna cut it. In my opinion Booker T. Washington has had a tougher schedule.

I agree...

I'm going on the record saying this now which is if Booker T. Washington beats Cocoa it's gonna be a 4 peat. Nothing against Raines which I see making it to states but.... besides beating Bolles twice there schedule isn't impressive.

i was still surprised by that, i picked bolles to beat raines and go to the finals

My Muck ppls y'all got to explain this one.. I'm not gloating cause I pick y'all to win a close one up their because I thought BTW youth would catch up with them.... What happen?

A schedule doesnt make a team. It all came down to 2 things Defense came out ok but they let guys get open,and failure to move the ball. Our offensive came out swing in the 2nd half but lost a the battle. We were beaten by the freshman Qb. No excuses we lost. That one hurted

I think scheduling had a part in why Glades Central lost tonight. Like I stated before beating the likes of Palm Beach Lakes, Palm Beach Central, Seminole Ridge and rival Pahokee who hasn't been relevant since 08 isn't gonna cut it. In my opinion Booker T. Washington has had a tougher schedule.

Not really we where beaten by the better team it doesnt matter about how the schedule. It wasnt our night. Im proud of my boy for fighting back.We have to get ready For next year now hard lost for my raiders.it is what it is slick your boys beat us again.

"And as for our defense. Don't let scores fool you." ...

I'm the idiot for believing Glades Central could handle BTW in The Muck. A FRESHMAN QB lit them up for 300 yards? Sorry but that does not happen to high caliber teams in the second round of the playoffs. What happened to the Glades Central Offense tonight? Damn. Glades Central is/was a good team this year. A decent 2nd round 3A team that will likely have to face BTW next year as well.

How Cute Kneecapper... thank for your kind words. You werent a fool for beliving we would win just wrong like I was. We got beat. Just gotta get ready for next year. We wont give on our vision on Conquering the 4A. We were a good team we just lost. Things are going to be much tougher next year now, but we gotta stay tough. Our mission isnt over yet just prolonged.

By the way im a football fan too im still gonna be here giving my comment further one through the playoff. This site is fun, and my friends in the deep South like slick, handicapper,and etc ill be back next year with the same tune again and again.My raiders and I will back next year until this happens again. We vowel will be Football 4A State Champions once again just wait and beat everything in our way But now ill chill till next year.

Oh, Handicapper. I still would love a peice of your best teams next year prehaps in the spring and defiantly on the main. I dont want a rebulding team i want a good team.

Teams I wanna see my boys play next year

Broward

Miramar (slick team)

Hallendale (70??? pts)

Coconut Creek

Flanagan

Dade

Booker T (#Nevergiveup)

Jackson

South Dade

Central

Idk what happened to my Raiders the better team won props to the Freshman QB on a great game

Lots of respect muckboy561.  I know Glades Central is a damn good team and I know Glades Central (win or lose) will not back down from anyone on any field.  The edge I think Booker T Washington and the QB  had in that game was they played a slightly harder schedule.  The Freshman QB matured fast and when you win 35-21 in The Muck.  It is not because you got lucky.  I think Glades Central red flag this year was Defense.  You know the team better than myself and see them in person but on paper they didn't lose any shoot outs or high scoring games.  It was the teams that kept the ball out of their hands, and generally the better Defensive teams that beat them.

By the way im a football fan too im still gonna be here giving my comment further one through the playoff. This site is fun, and my friends in the deep South like slick, handicapper,and etc ill be back next year with the same tune again and again.My raiders and I will back next year until this happens again. We vowel will be Football 4A State Champions once again just wait and beat everything in our way But now ill chill till next year.

Oh, Handicapper. I still would love a peice of your best teams next year prehaps in the spring and defiantly on the main. I dont want a rebulding team i want a good team.

Broward

Miramar (slick team)

Hallendale (70??? pts)

Coconut Creek

Flanagan

Dade

Booker T (#Nevergiveup)

Jackson

South Dade

Central

Broward

This is early to be doing this but I will give it a shot for right now.

Miramar - will be improved.  Everyone talked how down they were, which they were down but remember they  just brought in a new Coach this year, schedule was one of the hardest in the nation, Flanagan Defense is/was ridiculously good this year, Plantation (also in their district now) was a very good team.  They will be fine.  I heard they have a lot of talent coming up and their JV team was pretty strong .  I say they will battle for the District next year with Plantation and Flanagan.

Hallandale -  (70 Plus)  Haha...I said that 70+ because I think that team would be the ultimate nightmare team for Glades Central base on the way their Offense is set up if they ever met in a hypothetical game.  Hallandale loves to chuck the ball and their QB is very good.  I think Hallandale will still be good but definitely down next year. 

Coconut Creek - They will be way down next year.  Back to an average team.  Technically their 6-4  record showed they were only a little better than average team this year but they played in maybe the best District in the state and they had 5 non-district teams that are/were playoff teams.  

Flanagan - This one is really a wild card.  Will Head Coach Devin Bush stay with Devin Bush Jr. graduating and off to play at a big time college?  Flanagan will definitely take a step back and lose a lot of talent.  Like Miramar they have some talent coming up from the JV program but I think that District will be a 3 way battle now also including Miramar and Plantation.

Dade County. I do not know Dade as well as Broward  but here is my 2 cents.

Booker T Washington - I think this team could be on the brink of starting another dominant run.  We all know they are young and talented .  If they can keep their players, and they have good coaching they will contend for states.

Jackson - Another talented team this year that just could not get over the hump.    I think they fall back a bit next year but still a decent team.

South Dade-  This team has been very good for the last few years and I think they continue to battle for Dade 8A supremacy with the usual - Coral Gables, Killian, Southridge and Columbus.

Miami Central- Supposedly in a "down-year " this season and will contend for states.  I say next year they are at least as good as this year - worse case scenario. 

Remember , just like BTW did this year you can schedule tough non-conference opponents and win/lose to them all day.  Don't get me wrong, AHD and Atlantic are no pushovers but the more good teams -the better. As long as you don't get injured.  Based on the list that you gave me for spring ball  (I would scratch Coconut Creek) -   any of those teams would be great. Miramar, Central, South Dade and maybe Flanagan might be the best Defensive teams off of that list.

I would also shoot for BTW in spring ball.  Get to see where you are at and if they beat you again, it will stick in the GC kids heads to make them work harder over the summer (not that they didn't this year) - knowing they must go through that team to get to States.

Broward

Miramar (slick team)

Hallendale (70??? pts)

Coconut Creek

Flanagan

Dade

Booker T (#Nevergiveup)

Jackson

South Dade

Central

just keep fighting for it man, it will make the championship more sweeter when it finally happens  ;)

Again, it looked like the secondary was exposed in these highlights. The BTW WRs got the better of the Glades Central secondary.  It also look's like BTW was getting a decent pass rush as well.   I think that was clearly the difference in the game. This is the time of year where the better Defense generally excel.