Miami Columbus vs Chaminade-Madonna

ExplorerHomer2

8A Explorers traveled to GA a couple weeks back brought back a win and an injured starting running back. It showed in a loss last week as they travelled to Jax. Now playing in their backyard against the #1 team in 3A - coming off a close loss to AHP and a solid win over a tough Western squad. Who wins?

If we don't get stopped due to lightning, Columbus will need to establish a running game without their #1 tailback, otherwise force everything on Sr. QB Mendoza who shows flashes of brilliance at times, but needs to not force the pass on the run. Home field advantage but only 500 fans allowed to attend. If we have a wet field, could get ugly for the Explorers who may need to force it too often in the air against a formidable secondary.

Of the first three games this season, I feel least confident about this one. Definitely the toughest opponent Columbus will see outside of the playoffs this season. Let's go Explorers!

Gametime 7pm Friday...

29 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

8A Explorers traveled to GA a couple weeks back brought back a win and an injured starting running back. It showed in a loss last week as they travelled to Jax. Now playing in their backyard against the #1 team in 3A - coming off a close loss to AHP and a solid win over a tough Western squad. Who wins?

If we don't get stopped due to lightning, Columbus will need to establish a running game without their #1 tailback, otherwise force everything on Sr. QB Mendoza who shows flashes of brilliance at times, but needs to not force the pass on the run. Home field advantage but only 500 fans allowed to attend. If we have a wet field, could get ugly for the Explorers who may need to force it too often in the air against a formidable secondary.

Of the first three games this season, I feel least confident about this one. Definitely the toughest opponent Columbus will see outside of the playoffs this season. Let's go Explorers!

Gametime 7pm Friday...

I expect a good game. Explorers are always sound. First game on your home turf this season? 

6 hours ago, Jullian said:

I expect a good game. Explorers are always sound. First game on your home turf this season? 

yes, first home game. First two were 24 hour round trip bus rides to Savannah GA and a 10 hour round trip bus ride to Jacksonville. Will be nice for the kids to stay home this week. Can't wait to see them play in person.