Roll reversal Venice 21 Cocoa 20

KeemD321

4 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa down 21-7 at half. Comes back losing on a missed extra point.

They may have exposed Venice a bit. I am still very surprised by the margin Venice beat Edgewater by. Edgewater beat Jones last night 52-49 in a four overtime game. While I am not shocked Venice scored 41 on Edgewater, I am shocked Venice held them to 7. I know what Edgewater's offense is capable of and getting held to 7 does not make sense to me.

I was also shocked by the margin of victory more so than the loss.  Makes you wonder if Edgewater was missing some key pieces, had one of those turnover games to forget, kids not ready, etc..   Those of us that have seen Edgewater have a hard time understanding how they could give up 41 and only score 7.  It is puzzling regardless of how good Venice may be and the very next week Cocoa almost pulls off what would have seemed to be an impossible win.  

15 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

I was also shocked by the margin of victory more so than the loss.  Makes you wonder if Edgewater was missing some key pieces, had one of those turnover games to forget, kids not ready, etc..   Those of us that have seen Edgewater have a hard time understanding how they could give up 41 and only score 7.  It is puzzling regardless of how good Venice may be and the very next week Cocoa almost pulls off what would have seemed to be an impossible win.  

Edgewater's HBC did not make the trip as his wife gave birth that weekend. But still, that by itself should not have accounted for the blowout. 

Venice is a very good team and will be difficult to beat. But Cocoa showed that the task is not impossible. The Kowboys have a solid shot at making back to back state title appearances. November should be an interesting month. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They may have exposed Venice a bit. I am still very surprised by the margin Venice beat Edgewater by. Edgewater beat Jones last night 52-49 in a four overtime game. While I am not shocked Venice scored 41 on Edgewater, I am shocked Venice held them to 7. I know what Edgewater's offense is capable of and getting held to 7 does not make sense to me.

Another thing to point out is the fact that Venice was held scoreless by Cocoa in the second half.  If Cocoa didn't get burned for a big passing score in the end of the first half, the victory very well could have gone to the tigers. Another great game vs another 8A contender. 

15 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Another thing to point out is the fact that Venice was held scoreless by Cocoa in the second half.  If Cocoa didn't get burned for a big passing score in the end of the first half, the victory very well could have gone to the tigers. Another great game vs another 8A contender. 

Cocoa got the Kowboy shoe this time around as we felt the same way losing at Cocoa.  Fumbled driving in the 4 quarter in the red zone and at the end dropped an winning touchdown pass in the end zone.  Sometimes a single play here or there makes difference between winning and losing.

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Cocoa got the Kowboy shoe this time around as we felt the same way losing at Cocoa.  Fumbled driving in the 4 quarter in the red zone and at the end dropped an winning touchdown pass in the end zone.  Sometimes a single play here or there makes difference between winning and losing.

Those are facts but I definitely foresaw multiple kicks being blocked against Cocoa due to the way Cocoa's kicker goes through his motions. It's very slow. Saw it in the inter squad scrimmage, and all of their games 

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Those are facts but I definitely foresaw multiple kicks being blocked against Cocoa due to the way Cocoa's kicker goes through his motions. It's very slow. Saw it in the inter squad scrimmage, and all of their games 

Obviously, Cocoa is an extremely solid football team; I'm sorry I started to overlook them. Thankfully, both teams had a game like this early in the season. There’s a lot of knowledge to be gleaned from a game like this, where the competition is very stiff and a few mistakes were made. 

Venice needs to stop playing so much Cover 0. I saw it several times yesterday, and Cocoa made them pay by attacking them up the seams every single time. I saw plenty to smile about from both teams yesterday, And I believe Cocoa should be an early favorite to make the 4A finals.

Venice got complacent early and thought they had it when they were up 21-7 at halftime. Some discipline is needed, because Venice has severe challenges approaching in Palmetto, Cardinal Gibbons, and Riverview. Good game, @KeemD321! I’ll be rooting for the tigers the rest of the way. Go kick some butt! 

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Obviously, Cocoa is an extremely solid football team; I'm sorry I started to overlook them. Thankfully, both teams had a game like this early in the season. There’s a lot of knowledge to be gleaned from a game like this, where the competition is very stiff and a few mistakes were made. 

Venice needs to stop playing so much Cover 0. I saw it several times yesterday, and Cocoa made them pay by attacking them up the seams every single time. I saw plenty to smile about from both teams yesterday, And I believe Cocoa should be an early favorite to make the 4A finals.

Venice got complacent early and thought they had it when they were up 21-7 at halftime. Some discipline is needed, because Venice has severe challenges approaching in Palmetto, Cardinal Gibbons, and Riverview. Good game, @KeemD321! I’ll be rooting for the tigers the rest of the way. Go kick some butt! 

I'm definitely gonna be looking forward to that Gibbons game. Wish I could've watched this game. Definitely will catch the highlights whenever they drop on YouTube. I'm definitely rooting for Venice. Cocoa has another major test against another 8A contender in Treasure Coast. 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Um, Riverview and Palmetto should not pose severe challenges for Venice. I agree Gibbons will. 

1 hour ago, fishspinners said:

What makes you say that?

Both Riverview and Palmetto are solid teams. However, Riverview in their match against Seminole showed that at this stage of the season, they were not state finals caliber. Their defense put up a good showing against Seminole's offense, but the offense could not move the ball and they got beat by a solid margin. 

If Venice is to win the 8A state championship, it seems to me that they should be able to get by both Palmetto and Riverview by comfortable, if not overwhelming, margins. This is not a knock against either team as I believe both are probably Florida top 100. But the middle to bottom tier of top 100 is not state title ready.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Both Riverview and Palmetto are solid teams. However, Riverview in their match against Seminole showed that at this stage of the season, they were not state finals caliber. Their defense put up a good showing against Seminole's offense, but the offense could not move the ball and they got beat by a solid margin. 

If Venice is to win the 8A state championship, it seems to me that they should be able to get by both Palmetto and Riverview by comfortable, if not overwhelming, margins. This is not a knock against either team as I believe both are probably Florida top 100. But the middle to bottom tier of top 100 is not state title ready.

Very true, and I suppose it would be fair to say that Cardinals Gibbons is a better team than Riverview or Palmetto. But there’s also something to be said about not betting on rivalry games. I believe they could pose severe challenges to Venice because they are both teams that Venice knows well and has a lot of history with. We will see I suppose.