RIP FSU Football

Terrapin

Pretty awful.

I went to the Notre Dame game and had a good time despite the result. My buddy had a covid scare this week so we did not go to the JSU game.

Pretty sloppy play all around last night. Just a bad game. 

I can't say much else... but the wildcat, not kicking the FG, and that weird final play that gave JSU the game...

52 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

Pretty awful.

I went to the Notre Dame game and had a good time despite the result. My buddy had a covid scare this week so we did not go to the JSU game.

Pretty sloppy play all around last night. Just a bad game. 

I can't say much else... but the wildcat, not kicking the FG, and that weird final play that gave JSU the game...

FSU......Please.......!!!!

All I can say is I'm a big Mckenzie Milton fan, but I think the coach had it right for the first game and succumbed to fan pressure to play Mckenzie all night.  Blame the defense all you want for squandering the lead, but if I am not mistaken the offense had 3 or 4 consecutive three and outs in the 4th quarter.  They had plenty of opportunity to just "ICE" the game and failed.  I would go back to Jordan Travis and use McKenzie as a change of pace as the other kid tends to get beat up in the game with his running style.  Hope they get it together for the sake of all FSU fans out there.

I watched the FSU/Notre Dame game last week.  What a great game!   Given that N.D. came into that game ranked 8th (I think), when FSU took the Fighting Irish into overtime, my immediate reaction, like that of many others, was "dang, FSU went and got good again."   

Fast forward a week.  N.D. has to score a TD in the final minute to escape with a home win against Toledo and FSU loses to Jacksonville State.   Regarding that whole "FSU got good again" thing, I guess you could say I'm having second thoughts now.   B)

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

I watched the FSU/Notre Dame game last week.  What a great game!   Given that N.D. came into that game ranked 8th (I think), when FSU took the Fighting Irish into overtime, my immediate reaction, like that of many others, was "dang, FSU went and got good again."   

Fast forward a week.  N.D. has to score a TD in the final minute to escape with a home win against Toledo and FSU loses to Jacksonville State.   Regarding that whole "FSU got good again" thing, I guess you could say I'm having second thoughts now.   B)

It does prove that anyone who still thinks Notre Dame belongs ranked much less top 10 is clearly ranking based on their championship in 1988 and not based on their actual ability in 2021 

And nobody will have a convincing debate to the contrary

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It does prove that anyone who still thinks Notre Dame belongs ranked much less top 10 is clearly ranking based on their championship in 1988 and not based on their actual ability in 2021 

And nobody will have a convincing debate to the contrary

Friends in high places.

2 hours ago, Swoops said:

I was really sad to my Noles lose on the last play of the game. Why didn't he drop back eight players to defend the goal line? Notre Dame, friends in high places, yea it shows God has a sense of Humor ranking ND in the top ten.

I agree that was boneheaded defense. However, even if they had won, it would have been a sub-par performance and shows that, sadly, the Noles have not turned the corner yet. 

31 minutes ago, badbird said:

Columbiafan still has FSU ranked in the top 25

Notre Dame was a top 10 team last year.  That's why they were ranked high entering the season.  Also because they are Notre Dame.  Just like Texas is always over rated at the beginning of the year.  Also Alabama oh wait they are not over rated.

Texas has actually won a championship this century too 

As has Florida State

As has Miami

As has USC

As has Auburn

As has Oklahoma

But noooooo Notre Dame is a powerhouse according to these morons doing the college football polls and I'm the one who is off the mark? LMAO

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Texas has actually won a championship this century too 

As has Florida State

As has Miami

As has USC

As has Auburn

As has Oklahoma

But noooooo Notre Dame is a powerhouse according to these morons doing the college football polls and I'm the one who is off the mark? LMAO

So where did you have ND ranked entering the season?  Tough to say now after the fact but I bet you would have had them top 15 entering the season.

7 minutes ago, badbird said:

So where did you have ND ranked entering the season?  Tough to say now after the fact but I bet you would have had them top 15 entering the season.

I didn't do college rankings this year but I could name at least 15 teams I would have felt comfortable ranking above Notre Dame because I knew how much they lost including their QB

55 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I didn't do college rankings this year but I could name at least 15 teams I would have felt comfortable ranking above Notre Dame because I knew how much they lost including their QB

That reasoning if one choses to call it that, would also apply to Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State.  Because "You Knew how much they lost including their QB"??  Makes perfect sense.

10 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

That reasoning if one choses to call it that, would also apply to Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State.  Because "You Knew how much they lost including their QB"??  Makes perfect sense.

Ohio State and Clemson have already lost games this year and I would argue Alabama QB now is better than the last one in terms of overall talent

28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ohio State and Clemson have already lost games this year and I would argue Alabama QB now is better than the last one in terms of overall talent

And they were ranked #2 & #4 prior to their loses.  I supposed you also knew they were overrated prior to them losing.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ray Icaza said:

And they were ranked #2 & #4 prior to their loses.  I supposed you also knew they were overrated prior to them losing.

He did.  He's telling you that now.  He also knew Alabama's QB was going to be real good and even better than the one they had last year that finished 3rd in the Heisman.  When Florida loses to Alabama this week he will tell us how they are overrated also and how the SEC is overrated in general.  He's a f..ing genius when it comes to predicting things that have already happened.  

On 9/13/2021 at 5:32 PM, Swoops said:

I was really sad to my Noles lose on the last play of the game. Why didn't he drop back eight players to defend the goal line? Notre Dame, friends in high places, yea it shows God has a sense of Humor ranking ND in the top ten.

Because their coaches suck! Not crap like Taggert coaches, but they still suck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 7:59 PM, Ray Icaza said:

All I can say is I'm a big Mckenzie Milton fan, but I think the coach had it right for the first game and succumbed to fan pressure to play Mckenzie all night.  Blame the defense all you want for squandering the lead, but if I am not mistaken the offense had 3 or 4 consecutive three and outs in the 4th quarter.  They had plenty of opportunity to just "ICE" the game and failed.  I would go back to Jordan Travis and use McKenzie as a change of pace as the other kid tends to get beat up in the game with his running style.  Hope they get it together for the sake of all FSU fans out there.

Well, almost a month has transpired since I posted this opinion and it appears that maybe I was half right.  Correct in my assessment of Travis vs Milton, but wrong in assuming why that was the case (Unreported Injury).  Now two straight weeks with Travis back in the saddle,  FSU showing signs of life with 2 straight wins.   Might be a bit early to tell if this will last but undoubtedly anyone watching can see the difference in offensive output, especially against NC yesterday.  Gator fan here but still wish FSU success except against us.