Missing Results or Information - Wk 4

LAZ

Aucilla Christian (Monticello)vs.Joshua Christian (Jacksonville)

Boyd Anderson (Lauderdale Lakes)vs.Everglades (Miramar) 

Canterbury (Ft. Myers)vs.Out-of-Door (Sarasota) 

Cardinal Newman (West Palm Beach)vs.Fort Pierce Central

Centennial (Port St. Lucie)vs.South Fork (Stuart)

DeLandvs.Oviedo 

Esterovs.Mariner (Cape Coral)

Father Lopez (Daytona Beach)vs.Trinity Prep (Winter Park)

Ferguson (Miami)vs.Miami Coral Park

Fort Myers vs.Cape Coral

Hagerty (Oviedo)vs.Timber Creek (Orlando) 

Jensen Beachvs.Boynton Beach 

John Carroll (Fort Pierce)vs.Sebastian River (Sebastian)

Liberty (Kissimmee)vs.Melbourne Central Catholic 

Miami Norlandvs.South Miami

North Miami Beach vs.Hialeah-Miami Lakes

Reagan (Doral)vs.Varela (Miami) 

Somerset Academy (Pembroke Pines)vs.Avant Garde (Hollywood) 

Somerset Silver Palms (Miami)vs.Dade Christian (Miami)

Been stewing since last night on "missing information" on the Osceola vs Olympia game.  Didn't want to start a new thread to vent, so my apologies for doing it here.  The officiating at that game was the worst I have seen in decades.  Seems like every chunk play we generated including TD runs were erased by holding penalties.  It was supposed to be on the NFHS network, so I wanted to see the replay to confirm my thoughts but apparently it isn't on the menu.  Holding can be called on most plays in any game as it is pretty subjective; we were flagged for that maybe 6-8 times as well as a couple perfectly legal blocks to erase big plays.  On the other side, their two scores were penalty aided by mysterious pass interference on 3 or 4th down conversions to enable them to keep drives alive instead of change of possession.  Couple of sacks when the QB was down were ruled incomplete passes when at the very least should have been intentional grounding.  Couple of fumbles by them we recovered were ruled after the whistle or play was dead which obviously wasn't the case.   Our coaches are not going to say much about this, but to those sitting on our side it was pretty obvious they were trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.  Due to the outcome, a 40-14 win all this is probably irrelevant but it was easy to see the frustration building in our kids body language as the game progressed and officials should realize fans didn't pay to go see them.   NUFF SAID!!

42 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Been stewing since last night on "missing information" on the Osceola vs Olympia game.  Didn't want to start a new thread to vent, so my apologies for doing it here.  The officiating at that game was the worst I have seen in decades.  Seems like every chunk play we generated including TD runs were erased by holding penalties.  It was supposed to be on the NFHS network, so I wanted to see the replay to confirm my thoughts but apparently it isn't on the menu.  Holding can be called on most plays in any game as it is pretty subjective; we were flagged for that maybe 6-8 times as well as a couple perfectly legal blocks to erase big plays.  On the other side, their two scores were penalty aided by mysterious pass interference on 3 or 4th down conversions to enable them to keep drives alive instead of change of possession.  Couple of sacks when the QB was down were ruled incomplete passes when at the very least should have been intentional grounding.  Couple of fumbles by them we recovered were ruled after the whistle or play was dead which obviously wasn't the case.   Our coaches are not going to say much about this, but to those sitting on our side it was pretty obvious they were trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.  Due to the outcome, a 40-14 win all this is probably irrelevant but it was easy to see the frustration building in our kids body language as the game progressed and officials should realize fans didn't pay to go see them.   NUFF SAID!!

For some perspective, Olympia is a good team but managed 2 rushing yards on 17 atttempts plus had 3 recorded sacks not counting two additional that were ruled away.  They had trouble with our front all night but somehow managed no holding penalties.  Go figure.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:38 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Is there anything else that you would like to add Ray? I know how much that you enjoy talking with me on this message board, so do you have any questions? 

12 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Is there anything else that you would like to add Ray? I know how much that you enjoy talking with me on this message board, so do you have any questions? 

Have no clue what would possess you to ask this question.  But based on your post it looks like you have our roles reversed on this board.

13 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Have no clue what would possess you to ask this question.  But based on your post it looks like you have our roles reversed on this board.

I am interested in officiating in Florida High School Football. Was there anything that you wanted to add or any questions that you had? You're welcome.